Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

an oddly awful oud posted:

Ollie grabbing yet another pole with another monster qualifying lap. I’m genuinely shocked at how fast both the Mazdas and Acuras are still

They just blow the gently caress up when race time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

orange juche posted:

They just blow the gently caress up when race time comes.

Don’t discount the possibility of a baffling wreck or inexplicable pit stop error

Also holy poo poo the MPC race is a massacre

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Going from 3rd into the leaders door is a Watkins Glen turn 1 tradition

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mazda's still alive somehow.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

net work error posted:

Mazda's still alive somehow.

Holy poo poo they might loving do this

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
It fucken happened the madmen

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Holy poo poo they might loving do this

They did it! :cry:

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
I can't believe we lived to see this day.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

THE CURSE IS BROKEN!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Does this mean we get an RX-9 now????

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:gizz:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Misc Racing Thread 2019: THE CURSE IS BROKEN!

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Zoom zoom MORE LIKE OONE AND TWOOM(?)

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

I know that was terrible but Tristan Nunez sprayed me with champagne and I just don’t give a gently caress

FINALLY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We all love Mazda :japan:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
gently caress yeah mazda

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We all love Mazda :japan:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I love that somebody’s got a massive rice spoon with 必勝 (certain victory) written on it, so very Hiroshima.

Gonna have to catch the highlights today.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Mazda es tranquilo :japan: :daryl: :japan:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Japanese Autosport is confirming a rumor, that Toyota is going to introduce a GR Supra GT4 car from next year. Apparently it’ll be built in Europe.

https://twitter.com/AUTOSPORT_web/status/1146667343503745024

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I want to like the new Supra, but the black A pillars are hideous.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Minto Took posted:

I want to like the new Supra, but the black A pillars are hideous.

i find it completely hideous in every single way, the a pillars are like the least of my issues with it. it looks like a very badly designed mx-5.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Japanese Autosport is confirming a rumor, that Toyota is going to introduce a GR Supra GT4 car from next year. Apparently it’ll be built in Europe.

So I guess that means it'll be built by the guys in Germany who do the TS050

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

track day bro! posted:

So I guess that means it'll be built by the guys in Germany who do the TS050

Yeah, their motorsports group based in Cologne is actually pretty big -- it was built up from TTE, who previously did WRC into the 1990s and then the TS020 GT-One, into their Formula 1 team, after all. Would imagine they're taking the chassis from production in Austria, and turning them into racing cars in Germany.

will be interesting to see if any of those come over to the U.S. (Michelin Pilot Cup) or stay in Europe, the tweet already hints at having GT4s in Super Taikyu in Japan.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

I'm always glad for more GT3/GT4 cars to be available to make racing interesting but the Supra is so lame

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Yeah, their motorsports group based in Cologne is actually pretty big -- it was built up from TTE, who previously did WRC into the 1990s and then the TS020 GT-One, into their Formula 1 team, after all. Would imagine they're taking the chassis from production in Austria, and turning them into racing cars in Germany.

will be interesting to see if any of those come over to the U.S. (Michelin Pilot Cup) or stay in Europe, the tweet already hints at having GT4s in Super Taikyu in Japan.

I mean it makes sense if the chassis is bmw based and they source it from the plant it's being made from. I wonder if they even still make the GT86 GT4 car anymore, although GT4 cars seem to have evolved quite a lot over the specs existence I bet nobody expected a McLaren GT4 car.

I'm glad all these people who were never going to buy the new Supra in the first place can't stop going on about how much they hate it also.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
iT RUinS tHe SUpra’s lEgEnDaRY NAme.

(Everybody is aware that the Supra was a model in its own right for less than two decades right? It wasn’t even called a Supra in it’s home market until February of 1986).

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

harperdc posted:

I think it looks cool. Can't wait to see what the Super GT car will look like.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Also the MK3 was the only one that had any real success in its production form. The MK4 silhouette cars didn’t Even use the 2JZ.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://racer.com/2019/07/04/ford-reveals-gt-mk-ii/

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

It's cool I guess and I'm sure it's going to set all kinds of production car lap records, but it's neither road legal nor homologated and it costs 1.2 million dollars, so I don't really see the point... other than Larry Holt trying to make a final statement about the prowess of the basic Ford GT as a car, since it sort of fell by the wayside once it started turning laps and couldn't really outperform the ZR1 or GT2RS

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

an oddly awful oud posted:

It's cool I guess and I'm sure it's going to set all kinds of production car lap records, but it's neither road legal nor homologated and it costs 1.2 million dollars, so I don't really see the point... other than Larry Holt trying to make a final statement about the prowess of the basic Ford GT as a car, since it sort of fell by the wayside once it started turning laps and couldn't really outperform the ZR1 or GT2RS

I'm pretty sure production car records, especially stuff like the ring laptime specify the car has to be road legal. These track only supercar things are loving dumb anyway, you never see them at tracks even at like high end TD's and more than likely they'll just get clowned on by someone in a Radical that costs a quarter of the price.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

I'm pretty sure production car records, especially stuff like the ring laptime specify the car has to be road legal. These track only supercar things are loving dumb anyway, you never see them at tracks even at like high end TD's and more than likely they'll just get clowned on by someone in a Radical that costs a quarter of the price.

I appreciate that they exist.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's Festival of Speed weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5RuJ1k82zU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seems to be a Ford GT 'R' more than a Mk2 but whatever

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

track day bro! posted:

I'm glad all these people who were never going to buy the new Supra in the first place can't stop going on about how much they hate it also.

i'd absolutely buy a new supra (or mr2) if one came out and did not look like dog poo poo. i've had nothing but positive experiences with toyotas and they are the only brand i'd actually consider buyimg a new car from at all, and much as i love my mr2 duo, having something more modern still holds some appeal to me.

however, the new supra looks like someone just took a machete to an mx-5.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ford GT Mk II sure meets the Hypercar homologation rules...and 700 hp? That’s about the limit too. Hmm. Hmmmmm.

The new Supra has a slightly strange nose intake but it looks fine in person, good proportions. The Super GT concept looks the business too, I think it’s at MegaWeb in Tokyo now too.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'd absolutely buy a new supra (or mr2) if one came out and did not look like dog poo poo. i've had nothing but positive experiences with toyotas and they are the only brand i'd actually consider buyimg a new car from at all, and much as i love my mr2 duo, having something more modern still holds some appeal to me.

however, the new supra looks like someone just took a machete to an mx-5.

I haven't seen one on the road yet which means it's well on it's way to being as popular as the MKIV Supra was.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

track day bro! posted:

I haven't seen one on the road yet which means it's well on it's way to being as popular as the MKIV Supra was.

I've seen two.

They look even worse in person. The hood has a penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

track day bro! posted:

who gives a gently caress about the mk4 supra when the mk2 was clearly and objectively the best one :colbert: