Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
demons to the right of them

demons to the left of them

demons in front of them

charge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Guy Fawkes posted:

Good question but...yeah, Avoid.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guy Fawkes posted:

Good question but...yeah, Avoid.

Yeah, we want them to chase us. Run, horsie!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cry Havoc posted:

demons to the right of them

demons to the left of them

demons in front of them

charge!

War of the Wizards posted:

With a fierce cry you charge, eyes flashing, Staff blazing. The demon pack comes to a startled halt, amazed at the audacity of your move. You close the gap between yourself and the pack in moments … and then the charge hits home.

You thunder into the demon line, riding one of them down in a stampede of dust, blood, and flashing hooves. As you sweep past, another of the demons, a vile, rat-like creature with the body and legs of an ape, grabs at your saddle. It vaults onto the Simar’s haunches and clutches at your throat. Deduct 2 points from your COMBAT SKILL for the duration of the struggle as the demon is attacking you from behind. You must remain mounted as the Simar Horse gallops across the plain.
Grey Star: COMBAT SKILL 13 ENDURANCE 48 WILLPOWER 56
Rat Demon: COMBAT SKILL 19 ENDURANCE 20
Combat Ratio: -6 WP/Round: 4

We roll: 8
Grey Star: COMBAT SKILL 13 ENDURANCE 46 WILLPOWER 52
Rat Demon: COMBAT SKILL 19 ENDURANCE 0

With a backwards jerk, you thrust the butt of your Staff into the creature’s ribs. It yammers in pain and falls from the horse: it is dead before it hits the ground. Over your shoulder you see the line of demons recede into the distance. They try to pursue you but the fleet-footed stallion runs as fast as a speeding arrow and the demons soon pass from sight.

The sun is high in the sky: it is past noon. At last a range of hills comes into view: the Hills of Tilos. You have suffered no further attacks nor have you sighted any other demons in the last two hours. Where can they be? Samu said they numbered in the high hundreds. Why have they not sought to prevent you from reaching the Hills of Tilos, home of the portal that is the sole gateway to their world?
Should we use Prophecy or just keep going?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

GO GO GO

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Huh. That worked. How about that.

Use Prophecy.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Fortune favors the bold.

Use Prophecy.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

We've got plenty of WP. Prophesise!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Use Prophecy.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Prophecy

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

We've got plenty of WP. Prophesise!

At the cost of 1 WILLPOWER point you close your eyes and concentrate. Your senses reach out and search. In the hills beyond, a terrible evil waits, a malevolent, unthinking, yet strangely natural evil. A dark force lies in wait for you! You are expected.

Willpower: 51.

Using this Magical Power, you are able to sense the exact location of the demon portal: it lies in the valley at the centre of this range of hills.

You journey for less than half an hour and, below the crest of the next hill, you dismount and lead the white horse with all the stealth you can muster. You move along the perimeter of the hill’s ridge until you come to the far end. Then you peer over the lip of the hill and down its gentle slope. You look upon a shallow valley covered with a crawling, writhing mass of utter horror. Every conceivable malformation of human and animal life waits there, grotesque combinations of many different beasts. A wave of revulsion washes through you. A shimmering arc of fire hovers in the air about three hundred yards down the slope: it is the demon portal that only you can close.
Shall we use our Potion of Invulnerability now, or save it for later?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GLUG GLUG GLUG

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

CHUG.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Synthbuttrange posted:

GLUG GLUG GLUG

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
making a motion to use our potion

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

GLUG GLUG GLUG

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

You prepare to do battle with the demon host and decide to take advantage of the protection your Theurgic Potion offers. You swallow the dark, bitter liquid and slowly your body begins to glow with a strange blue light. Remember that the effects of the Potion will fade in a few hours. Delete the Potion of Invulnerability from your Action Chart. You may keep the empty Vial in your Herb Pouch or your Backpack. Mark your Action Chart accordingly.

The portal is near enough for you to be able to attempt to close it. Unfortunately, when you cast the shining power of the Moonstone onto the burning gate you will reveal yourself to the evil host that lurks in the valley below.
Should we get back on our horse and get ready to run, or try to stay hidden while we do this?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
”Hi ho Silver away!”

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
We're invincible and we're a target either way. Might as well be ready to run when needed. Get on the horse!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

achtungnight posted:

We're invincible and we're a target either way. Might as well be ready to run when needed. Get on the horse!

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
stealth would defeat the purpose of temporary invulnerability. Lets go draw some aggro

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah but we dont want to be stuck in a pile of monsters, even if we're invulnerable. HORSE

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Synthbuttrange posted:

yeah but we dont want to be stuck in a pile of monsters, even if we're invulnerable. HORSE

Pity the horse isn't invulnerable too though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sitting astride the beautiful white stallion, you trot to the edge of the valley overlooking the flaming archway of the portal and draw out the Moonstone. You focus all the power of your will onto the stone and the closing of the portal. A chorus of inhuman moans ripples across the valley. You hold the Moonstone above your head as slowly it fills with power and light. The demons draw nearer and your horse paws the ground and stamps nervously.

Suddenly the flaming archway ignites. Its fire swirls and writhes with great intensity, spitting gouts of liquid orange flame in all directions. You have used 1 WILLPOWER point in your attempt to close the portal but now it seems imbued with a new force, a power strong enough to resist even the ancient might of the Moonstone of the Shianti. Your Simar steed rears up on its hind legs and you are almost thrown. The horde stops as if paralysed, cowering and gibbering pitifully. Your heart misses a beat as a huge pair of monstrous eyes appear within the flames of the portal.

Willpower: 50

You peer into the wild fire at the slanted, inhuman eyes. They are closed; their penumbral grey lids a vague, tinted outline. Slowly, lazily, as if awakening from a deep sleep, they open revealing two great pools of impenetrable darkness; vast, eddying whorls of eternal shadow. The eyes beckon with a hypnotic stare, a cloaked welcome to hell’s darkest and most desolate chamber.

‘Who dares?’ demands a slithering, deathly voice. ‘Who dares to knock upon the door to the Pit of Eternal Pain?’

You stagger back as a blast of colossal psychic power, a will of great violence and malice makes your head reel and your thoughts tumble. A burning beam of thought is thrust painfully into your mind, searching, probing, searing.

‘Who? … Who? … ’ hisses the disembodied voice. The desolate eyes are tinged with red. Savage laughter rings in your ears. ‘Can this be?’ the voice crows, scornfully. ‘Oh! but this is the sweetest, the richest, of ironies. It is the Shianti slave, is it not? Upon the errand of fools, treading the path of the foolish? And that worthless bauble of theirs, you have found it? Yes, I see that you have.’

As the voice mocks, its power over you lessens. You know that you must resist now before you are enslaved forever.
Shall we spend 2 WP to resist, or... not do that?

The pit of eternal pain, you say?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Resist I guess.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Tell Mr Spooky to go gently caress himself.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

anakha posted:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Resistance is futile. Let's see the insta-death.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

achtungnight posted:

Resistance is futile. Let's see the insta-death.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

anakha posted:

This

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
I dunno guys, we only have 50 WP left maybe we should try to conserve them for the homestretch.

resist so obvious a choice one wonders why we're even being given it

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mister Perky posted:

I dunno guys, we only have 50 WP left maybe we should try to conserve them for the homestretch.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Mister Perky posted:

Good question, but...

Resist!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Don't resist :effort:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Comstar posted:

Using 2 WILLPOWER points, you shake off the power that held you and push it from your mind.

‘You cannot resist, Shianti slave,’ the voice spits. ‘You know not who you defy. Know you that I am Agarash the Damned, Demonlord of Darkness. You cannot stand against me. Come, come to me. Take my place here in the Pit of Eternal Pain and I shall be freed.’

You feel the force of Agarash’s will once again. It is a strength mightier than any you have ever known. You fight with a Demonlord, a servant of Naar, King of the Darkness, a force of ultimate evil. Legend tells that Agarash was once a ruler in the world of Magnamund, till he was defeated by a magical race called the Elder Magi and banished to another plane, doomed to remain there for all eternity. Agarash seeks to draw you towards the portal of fire that is the doorway to his prison.

Willpower: 48.
Should we "duel with the will of Agarash" or use the Moonstone to try to close the portal?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shut that door!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Our goal is to close the portal, not get into a pissing contest with Mr Spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

anakha posted:

Our goal is to close the portal, not get into a pissing contest with Mr Spooky.