Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Guys, the single most succinct Mark Millar story is this. He is such a nerd that he knows the old issue of the all-caps typeface means you didn't want to use the name "Clint" often because the font used in comics made it look like "oval office" when the L and I ran together.

So he named the comics magazine he created CLINT. In 2010. That was legitimately a joke he wanted his name all over for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I'm the Beyond 2000 guy I can never not recognize from miles away.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68uQbSxBcBA

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

"THEY'RE CALLED PARADEMONS!"

I always laugh at that mainly because I felt the exact same when listening, sad that comic book expert Steve Sajdak couldn't find the word. Of course I was just jokingly mad, and not "write into a podcast angrily" mad.

Also they mention Max Payne in this week's ep as a possible stay tuned. I've flirted with submitting that for Listener Request Month for a while, but I always come back to it being in the "not a movie" camp.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Holy poo poo at the "anime medical pillow" at this month's Nexus.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
ID4mentary loving slaps btw.

Also realizing watching this dumb amazing movie, if they ever made a remake, Ben Mendelsohn would be perfect for the James Rebhorn role.

Pops Mgee fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 1, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Schedule for July

Episode 429 —The Amazing Spider-Man

Episode 430 — The Ugly Truth

Episode 431 — 2012

Episode 432 — The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 (2009)

Episode 428 — The Fast and the Furious

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive Episode — Forrest Gump

Animation Damnation — Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling: "Clean Gene & Andre's Giant Problem" (s1, e3)

The Nexus — TOS: "Who Mourns for Adonais?" (s2, e2) & TNG: "The Schizoid Man" (s2, e6)

Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — Durga the Hutt

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Pops Mgee posted:

ID4mentary loving slaps btw.

Also realizing watching this dumb amazing movie, if they ever made a remake, Ben Mendelsohn would be perfect for the James Rebhorn role.

Them talking over The Speech was probably my favorite part.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Episode 432 — The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 (2009)

At long last, we will ALL have our bungholes licked.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Pretty sure it's 123, not 1 and the two sequels.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

holy poo poo I thought the line in ID4mentary about the spaceships having Blue Lives Matter stickers on them was going to kill me

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Soup du Jour posted:

holy poo poo I thought the line in ID4mentary about the spaceships having Blue Lives Matter stickers on them was going to kill me

I haven't finished it yet but as I was listening to the first half I remembered how they said very clearly in commandomentery that "we don't do bits during these" and I'm so glad they were lying.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Aunt May, what's 'slapping brains'?" :allears:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It’s almost like a magic trick or something how they were able to make such a likable cast so tedious.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Episode 431 — 2012

Were you to ask me if they had already done this movie for an episode, I would have said without a bit of doubt that they had. Man, so many dumb movies run together

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Andorra posted:

Were you to ask me if they had already done this movie for an episode, I would have said without a bit of doubt that they had. Man, so many dumb movies run together

You might be remembering The Day After Tomorrow

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You might be remembering The Day After Tomorrow

Both from Roland Emmerich!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
He's not wrong

https://twitter.com/Crabin/status/1147328062838775808

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

He very much is. The Raimi movies are fuckin' unwatchable now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Good parts of Raimi trilogy: JK Simmons, Evil Dead Ock arms, the biggest cliff you've ever seen, then the rest. Too bad we didn't get to see how Tobey would save a screaming kidnapped Mary Jane a fourth time.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Never trust the most contrarian critic of all time.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

He very much is. The Raimi movies are fuckin' unwatchable now.

what insane alternate reality have I stepped into

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Invalid Validation posted:

Never trust the most contrarian critic of all time.

But Spider-Verse is a masterpiece

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Spider-Man 1 is the most early 2000's movie ever made. Like watch it and you'll be immediately transported to an early September 12 2001 morn
Also Tobey Maguire just has the fattest, doughiest face ever

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Iron Crowned posted:

But Spider-Verse is a masterpiece

This is just an objective truth. He may be a contrarian, but he's not insane.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Nobody was disputing that Spider-verse was the best Spider-man movie, it's the rest that are debatable. Except ASM at the bottom.

That being said the only joy I felt with Far From Home was in the one scene connecting to the Raimi trilogy.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

SleepCousinDeath posted:

One where Bonesaw isn't ready.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Spider-Man 2–> Spider-Verse -> Far From Home -> Spider-Man -> Homecoming -> Spider-Man 3 ——————> Amazing Spider-Man ——————————————————> Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I’m sure everyone was wanting on the edge of their seats for that list.

I think Cabin is funny. I also think he has loving terrible taste in movies.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Known Spider-man parade ruiner Stephen Sajdak also did not care for Far From Home. I think all the Spider-men are good except for the Amazings. 3 is stupide but fun.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I have not watched far from home but with homecoming I couldn't get over the weirdness of spider man essentially being a Tony Starks private sector child soldier.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Forrest Gump episode is out. Includes a lengthy Nick Nolte rant which is always a good time.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I have never seen Forrest Gump though I think I know it beat by beat due to cultural osmosis. This should be fun.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jojoinnit posted:

I have never seen Forrest Gump though I think I know it beat by beat due to cultural osmosis. This should be fun.

The Vietnam portion of the movie is actually really good, and I feel like that's what anyone really remembers about Forrest Gump.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Iron Crowned posted:

The Vietnam portion of the movie is actually really good, and I feel like that's what anyone really remembers about Forrest Gump.

I thought I remembered most of the movie.

Instead I'm like Jupin, and their discussion has prompted a lot of "wait, THAT'S in that movie?!?" reactions from me.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

BigglesSWE posted:

Forrest Gump episode is out. Includes a lengthy Nick Nolte rant which is always a good time.

“I got to meet the PRESIDENT!! AAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNN” had me laugh so hard I was choking. I don’t know how Andrew does that voice so perfectly for so long because it has to destroy his vocal chords.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kalensc posted:

I thought I remembered most of the movie.

Instead I'm like Jupin, and their discussion has prompted a lot of "wait, THAT'S in that movie?!?" reactions from me.

I would have too, but I already went through it 3 years ago when I watched it on Netflix

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Their Gump voices are pretty good Tobolowski impressions

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lemon posted:

Their Gump voices are pretty good Tobolowski impressions

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Oh Gump cums! (Twice!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I thought a bit of their Al Gore was slipping into the Gump.