Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
A fourth house doesn’t seem likely for all kinds of reasons, but at least it would only require eight new characters.

It would be hilarious if the game Three Houses ended up having four houses though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

I'll bet that there's a point where the three armies combine and that's what that logo is for. Mix the three colors together enough, and eventually you get gray...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
it'll be the church route

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

$25 beats the ridiculous Echoes season pass price.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I found the trailer so much more interesting than the DLC news. Claude is rocking a Wyvern, another confirmation of the Thanibomb leaks. And at the very end of the trailer, adult Edelgard, wielding the sword of Seiros, is dueling/fighting Byleth. Seems like it confirms what people suspected about the E3 trailer, that her kneeling and saying "My... teacher..." was after she has been defeated by Byleth. I wonder if that fight is inevitable, no matter what route you choose? Byleth is rocking the Sword of Creation, and is bearer of the Crest of Flames/Fire Emblem, while Edelgard has the Crest of Seiros, of course. So that fight is a recreation of the Divine Seiros and the Liberation King Nemesis fighting one another a thousand years ago. Said duel has also been shown in every Three Houses trailer. So really, will Edelgard turn against you even if you go with the Black Eagles? That would also explain why the leaks said there are two Black Eagles routes, perhaps you can avoid the Edelgard/Byleth battle in a New Game+ route, or something like that.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Im only just catching up with game details and I've never not enjoyed a FE yet so im sure it'll be good.

But no promotions? Or weapon triangle?? Anime high-school for war???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Im only just catching up with game details and I've never not enjoyed a FE yet so im sure it'll be good.

there's promotions, the weapon triangle sort of exists in the form of breaker skills, the school is only the first ten chapters of the game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wonder if I would be able to make axe wielding pega ponies

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I wonder if I would be able to make axe wielding pega ponies

You can, it has been confirmed.

rannum posted:

Here's a japanese overview trailer that just went up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqLpzlaiyo

Probably nothing super important or new, but we get a look at a lot more characters, systems and some new maps in action. I'm sure serenes and such will pick it apart for any extra stuff soon

Also, game looks good. It might just be that it's getting closer to release and my hype is building but the more I see of the game the more confident i get about it.

I'm really excited to play this video game!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tiger Millionaire posted:

also it's a college

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Black eagles are hard science degrees.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I guess Golden Deer are the humanities side of things, then.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Golden Deer are art students, Blue Lions are angsty literature students.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The Shortest Path posted:

Golden Deer are art students, Blue Lions are angsty literature students.

No wonder the Blue Lions are the best house.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The new story content DLC will be a side story separate from the main story with new locations and characters accoring to the Switch store. So something along the lines of Rise of the Deliverance for Echoes I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

See also: The Future Past, and uh, whatever its name was in Fates (which was also like the one halfway decent story in Fates, wow)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Half the actual story of fates doesn't make sense without that dlc, including who the gently caress is lilith and why is Corrin so goddamn important

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Terper posted:

See also: The Future Past, and uh, whatever its name was in Fates (which was also like the one halfway decent story in Fates, wow)

You mean the one where the kids inherit their dads divine weapons? And with the really sick boss battle theme?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tae posted:

Half the actual story of fates doesn't make sense without that dlc, including who the gently caress is lilith and why is Corrin so goddamn important

It's fine because the other half doesn't make sense even with it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Having never touched the dlc, what do they add to the story to help it make sense?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Having never touched the dlc, what do they add to the story to help it make sense?

Hidden Truths literally has a 15 minute exposition dump by the good anankos (anankos split in 2 btw (the good one dies at the end of Hidden Truths)) explaining the full backstory of Anankos, why he went mad, why he called the awakening trio, what he needs them to do and so on. Lillith is Anankos' daughter and Corrin's half sister, she's working for bad anankos but then good anankos dying breaks her out of it and she pledges to use the outrealm dragons or w/e to help Corrin but Never Tell The Truth

the 6 part kid dlc I think is about what Anankos would continue to do if he wasn't stopped, which involves destroying a bunch of realities and timelines. It's been a while and the story didn't stick with me as much as sitting through all the text boxes in Hidden Truths

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

none of that stuff matters at all to the story though

not to defend it because theoretically it should matter a lot but lilith is never around and anankos is just abig evil dragon regardless of what backstory you give him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also yeah the kid story isnt completely terrible so of course it never got translated

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Endorph posted:

also yeah the kid story isnt completely terrible so of course it never got translated

i thought it did though? like we also got a matt mercer rendition of the gray waves song

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

rannum posted:

Looks like they just announced the expansion pass for THree Houses

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1146569591310544896

Seems like it's a $24 pass

Genius how they made the fMC outfit so bad, I could actually be considering this... even though she will look like a student.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Who did I piss off to get that avatar?

Wait... You guys don't chose your own avatars ?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

none of that stuff matters at all to the story though

not to defend it because theoretically it should matter a lot but lilith is never around and anankos is just abig evil dragon regardless of what backstory you give him

I think it matters in the sense that its nice to have things like motivations but all it really succeeds in doing is being more of a mess.

Endorph posted:

The 6 part kid story did get translated, complete with a localization of both of Shigure's songs.

We didn't get the 2 festival fluff DLCs for the kids. I'm guessing they saw it as too much to be worth translating

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I love the songs so I'm linking them again

final map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_A9az2xy3U
end credits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wGKtWMiVbk

the next fire emblem should have a male singer for their vocal song so the localization can get mercer again imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ooh i was misrembmering because it took so long to get translated, my bad

rannum posted:

I think it matters in the sense that its nice to have things like motivations but all it really succeeds in doing is being more of a mess.
anankos is one thing but liltih having any motivation makes her make even less sense than she already does

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Meallan posted:

Genius how they made the fMC outfit so bad, I could actually be considering this... even though she will look like a student.

I guess I haven't seen the fMC other than a headshot. What's wrong with the outfit?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Those stockings really should not have been approved purely because the art is writing checks the engine cannot cash

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The concept art is defendable, but it's translation ingame is exceedingly terrible and a muddy mess

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It doesn't look like it did in the first trailers anymore. They look fine now. It's still not a good outfit though.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Amppelix posted:

It doesn't look like it did in the first trailers anymore. They look fine now. It's still not a good outfit though.

lurksion posted:

The concept art is defendable, but it's translation ingame is exceedingly terrible and a muddy mess

rannum posted:

Those stockings really should not have been approved purely because the art is writing checks the engine cannot cash

I was gonna say, that art didn't look bad at all. It does look kinda crappy from earlier footage though.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

There was also a preview video of her walking somewhere at some point, and that's the moment I turned from "look a bit weird but overall cool!" to "oh no, my eyes".

But they've obviously been working on the graphics, so maybe they'll look better by release.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

even then it's weird the texture looks so bad

like, apples and oranges here in terms of budget and care but both odyssey and smash look amazing, why does this fire emblem look like a gamecube game

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Gamerofthegame posted:

like, apples and oranges here in terms of budget and care but both odyssey and smash look amazing, why does this fire emblem look like a gamecube game

Because the last time IntSys made a console game was for two gamecubes duct taped together

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

I feel like the battalion system is partially to blame, at least for the environments. I don't think it's entirely coincidental that the game looks like this and has Koei Tecmo assisting. It looks a lot like Fire Emblem Warriors which is pretty similar for frame rate and such

also while I get what you mean it is probably not the best thing to compare to

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Also I mentioned this before, but her eyes are waaayy too far to the side of her face. That's not human.

Rather, reptilepersonteacher

E:
From the FE thread

from some videos on the JP site
MB
FB

lurksion fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

man i really don't like MC's sword.