Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

feedmegin posted:

Over here in the UK our McDonalds have an occasional 'state burgers of America' special.

the results can be...strange

Why is that guy reviewing garbage McDonald’s burgers? And spending more than 2 sentences on it?

McDonald’s review: was drunk and went to McDonald’s. Regretting it this morning.

END OF REVIEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

lol, out of all 50 states...they pick that one.

Actually they also did Kansas, Alabama and New York this year. That last comes on a bagel, ofc.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

They did an American burgers promotion a few years ago here. We got a McRib, a bbq angus, jalapeno poppers and shamrock shakes.

Kinda wish all of those bar the angus had stuck, they were pretty good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

feedmegin posted:

Actually they also did Kansas, Alabama and New York this year. That last comes on a bagel, ofc.

I guess I didn't really realize there were regions for hamburgers. Each place creates their own.

Now when it really matters is this: Pizza, BBQ, and hotdogs. And it can get quite brutal.

But burgers, nah.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
First we Feast or the Eggslut guy has the Burger Show where he gets this burger expert on who knows some awesome poo poo about regional burgers that is actually cool and good.

https://youtu.be/cdvZC91YpMs

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 26, 2019

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

D. Ebdrup posted:

Dear burg thread, today I had :burger:

I was too excited to remember to take a picture of it, but the kind of burger I had was what we in Denmark call a bøfsandwich, which basically translates as beef sandwich. Very inventive, I know.
Here's an image:

The recipe is basically this:
Bottom bun, ketchup, pickled beets, beef patty, pickled cucumber, Danish remulade, top bun, brown sauce (gravy with caramel coloring), and fresh as well as fried onions.

..for Satan!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
There is literally nothing unique about a burger with bacon cheddar and lovely bbq sauce (probably sweet baby ray's or something equally generic)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Happy to help!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Having a little getaway at Kingscliff

Lamb burger from the surf club

And I know it's not really applicable, but a karaage chicken burger from the local pub for lunch today

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

iajanus posted:

Having a little getaway at Kingscliff

Lamb burger from the surf club

And I know it's not really applicable, but a karaage chicken burger from the local pub for lunch today

Is it actual karaage or just friend chicken that they are trying to make sound fancy?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Is it actual karaage or just friend chicken that they are trying to make sound fancy?

It looks like real kara-age at least.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to actually karaage it up properly

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Texas burger would have fresh jalapeños, hatch chilis are bullshit marketing from the new mexico chamber of commerce and are haram in Texas

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Texas burger would have fresh jalapeños, hatch chilis are bullshit marketing from the new mexico chamber of commerce and are haram in Texas

Nah HEB has hatch chili week in the spring. If it’s okay with HEB Marketing it’s okay with me.

HEB IS LIFE MOTHER FUCKER!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

A Texas burger would also have a knife with the Lone Star flag on the handle stuck through it, not the Stars and Stripes.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I like when stores roast hatch chiles in their walkup. It smells enough like weed that the roasters would have plausible deniability for any suspicious scents on their clothes.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

MrYenko posted:

A Texas burger would also have a knife with the Lone Star flag on the handle stuck through it, not the Stars and Stripes.

Yes, a bowie knife with a lone star flag.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nah this is an authentic Texas burger apparently

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

feedmegin posted:

Nah this is an authentic Texas burger apparently

Here I thought our packaging pictures were deceptive. Egads.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Having a chill 4th just made some quick burgs a little Matty Matheson esque with potato buns, caramelized onions (hiding under the cheese), ground beef patties with romaine and mayo/pickle relish.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

tangy yet delightful posted:

Having a chill 4th just made some quick burgs a little Matty Matheson esque with potato buns, caramelized onions (hiding under the cheese), ground beef patties with romaine and mayo/pickle relish.

Cheese, wow. And carm-ons (what I call carmelized onions) (I do not call them that) under the cheese is a great move

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
About time someone posted Freedom Burgs™️I was starting to wonder.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This 4th I learned that, if you're cooking in a pan, it's better to smash your patties when frying them up. The thick ones weren't as good as the Five Guys-looking ones. Not sure why.

I didn't have cheese :cry:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Many a good burg was had yesterday.

I had one yesterday that was more meatball than patty, but it worked out.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

This 4th I learned that, if you're cooking in a pan, it's better to smash your patties when frying them up. The thick ones weren't as good as the Five Guys-looking ones. Not sure why.

I didn't have cheese :cry:
Smashed patties are super-easy to fry up on a pan, grittle, or grill too. I don't know why more people don't do it.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

D. Ebdrup posted:

Smashed patties are super-easy to fry up on a pan, grittle, or grill too. I don't know why more people don't do it.

You do need a pretty decent rangehood or extractor fan to do it inside. It's a smokey business.

Better than frying chicken though in my experience.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Leftover patty from grilling on the 4th, mayo, mustard, last of my homemade pickle chips, red onion, colby jack, bacon and a crispy fried egg. Not a bad breakfast.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1147190649755701248

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm concerned that people in Missouri get confused that easily

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

iajanus posted:

I'm concerned that people in Missouri get confused that easily

It’s actually Mississippi and uh...yeah

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Phil Moscowitz posted:

It’s actually Mississippi and uh...yeah

You're right, shouldn't have trusted tweet.

E: reading the article, I get the tweet's confusion. Missouri is mentioned in the article as passing a similar law last year.

iajanus fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 6, 2019

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'm actually super confused about these because I'd have thought federal product identity regulations would've occupied this space. Normally if the feds regulate a thing, the "space is filled" and states can't second-guess them.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 6, 2019

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
We had a similar argument about plant based mince being sold in the meat section of grocery stores. I think it just led to more exposure of plant based mince and more sales.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

While I agree it's a bit silly, free speech absolutely should be curtailed when it comes to food labeling so their argument is dumb as gently caress. The real argument against it is no one confuses veggie burgers for actual beef burgers and this push is just asinine machismo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Big Beef wins again!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Back to Betty's to continue the tour around the menu. This time I went for the classic stack.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

What is the crumbed goodness on that burger?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Big Willy Style posted:

What is the crumbed goodness on that burger?

The stack is a combo of their classic burger (Angus beef, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, Betty’s special sauce) and their Shroom burger (Crisp fried mushroom patty with melted Gouda & Gruyere cheese, lettuce, tomato, Betty's special sauce).

There was so much cheese, it was delicious.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Looks pretty good mate, my only concern would be the beef becoming background noise to the mushroom and cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

A great burger in Chicago, maybe the best, from Au Cheval. Put your name in and wait 3 hours, take a walk, and come back to a good meal.

This is the first time I can say a burger and the place oozes sexy.