Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of spent on Dollops where the improv bits are all "men are assholes". I feel like they need a female improvisor co-host for those episodes. They can follow her lead instead of doing the umpteenth variation of "she don't have no penis!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Just finished the Sydney Cove wreck episode. Look I consider myself quite progressive but why the hell do white people feel the need to say stuff like "white people are super shady"? I mean, does being an ally have to mean constantly debasing yourself and pointing out your original sin? I just don't see the point.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
This page is off to a great start!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It wouldn't be a Dollop without improv, their instinct to not punch down at women and poc is correct, but maybe they need a guide to lead them to the humor instead of saying COCK over and over. Deborah Frances-White might make for a good guest host.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RandomPauI posted:

It wouldn't be a Dollop without improv, their instinct to not punch down at women and poc is correct, but maybe they need a guide to lead them to the humor instead of saying COCK over and over. Deborah Frances-White might make for a good guest host.

so? whats wrong with that kinda humor? if they arnt punching down then who gives a gently caress. also they have had woman cohosts on the live shows. also having a woman on your show doesn't always make them a magical guide to better less bawdy humor, if you watch robert evans behind the bastards, you know what i mean.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I do agree with RandomPaul, I can remember some of their "She can't do thing, she's a woman! How are you supposed to do thing without testicles?" riffs can go on a bit long.

However, all of their riffs can go on a bit long. Riffs that start out OK but then are dragged out for ten goddamn minutes are a feature of the show, regardless of topic.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I do agree with RandomPaul, I can remember some of their "She can't do thing, she's a woman! How are you supposed to do thing without testicles?" riffs can go on a bit long.

However, all of their riffs can go on a bit long. Riffs that start out OK but then are dragged out for ten goddamn minutes are a feature of the show, regardless of topic.

yeah, i do agree there riffs can go on for too long.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Mince Pie episode was great, and I agree that it felt like an episode from year 1 or 2.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

The Mince Pie episode was great, and I agree that it felt like an episode from year 1 or 2.

i need to listen to that one now.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i need to listen to that one now.

After getting burned out on how hosed up and depressing episodes were in early 2018, it was really nice to return to the show with Gareth getting absolutely confused and flustered at 150+ lb pies. I laughed a lot.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so? whats wrong with that kinda humor? if they arnt punching down then who gives a gently caress. also they have had woman cohosts on the live shows. also having a woman on your show doesn't always make them a magical guide to better less bawdy humor, if you watch robert evans behind the bastards, you know what i mean.

Chill, Deborah Frances-White is a comedian, author, improvisor, and she hosts a podcast called The Guilty Feminist. A panel discussion podcast with comedy about the disconnects between ones feminist ideals and ones behaviors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxSKc9Yvnw

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Remember that one time the Dollop and My Favorite Murder did a crossover, and it was really good and the hosts of both were like, "That was a lot of fun, we should do this again! We should make it a regular thing!" and then they never did it again ever

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Remember that one time the Dollop and My Favorite Murder did a crossover, and it was really good and the hosts of both were like, "That was a lot of fun, we should do this again! We should make it a regular thing!" and then they never did it again ever

yeah. that was a pretty great episode. i also kinda wish they did do another with them also with the chapo crew.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. that was a pretty great episode. i also kinda wish they did do another with them also with the chapo crew.

"What an ironic end for you, Officer Head-Attached-To-Body" is the best joke that has ever been on the show

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Gripweed posted:

"What an ironic end for you, Officer Head-Attached-To-Body" is the best joke that has ever been on the show

Which episode is that from?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SalTheBard posted:

Which episode is that from?

257 - The Orange Catholic Riots (Live in NY)
http://thedollop.libsyn.com/257-the-orange-catholic-riots-live-in-ny

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

Gripweed posted:

At least we got Karen in Proctor and Satan a little bit ago.

There also hasn't been any talk of Patton Oswalt guesting again after that time they hyped up a coming show with him and then he canceled or whatever.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope the Dollop covers the Gunpowder Plot some day.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

The only way that would likely happen is if they do a live show in England. But yeah, that would be a good one.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

RandomPauI posted:

They're doing a show in London in November, so maybe that'll be the topic? We can hope at least

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They'll be in the UK for November, it won't be the 5th of November but that's close enough.

E:fb

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"The War on Squirrels"

dear god

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hope we get some more Ross Perot impressions

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Snowy posted:

:bahgawd: Now, hold on a minute! You can put a shell on a lizard but that don't make it a turtle! :bahgawd:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Coheed and Camembert posted:

:bahgawd: Now, hold on a minute! You can put a shell on a lizard but that don't make it a turtle! :bahgawd:

The sheer stupefaction he would induce in newscasters at the time was worth his idiotic presidential run.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Snowy posted:

All I know of Ross Perot is this joke from the Critic, so I'm well-prepared in the 'impressions' department.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lyndon Larouche!

:allears:

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
“Normal Person”

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
It's been a long time since there's been a Dollop where the whole I had a feeling of "how is any of this real" while listening to it

*the whole time

he edited, hours later

Revins fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 18, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1151623996154081280?s=09

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I used to see Larouchites sometimes in Montreal. Not anymore though.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I've only seen a few references to Lyndon Larouche and his girlfriend's the tuning fork obsession, I had no goddamn idea they were that insane.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Wow, the Larouche episode was...an adventure. :stare: All I knew before was his crazy followers and that he tried running for President, but that went in so many stranger directions than I expected.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lord Hydronium posted:

Wow, the Larouche episode was...an adventure. :stare: All I knew before was his crazy followers and that he tried running for President, but that went in so many stranger directions than I expected.

i am genuinely curious if he was mentally ill or was he just so narssitic and dumb that he didn't realize what leftism was. then again, i have seen people making arguments close to his on this site so who the gently caress knows. like how do you start off as a trotskyist and end up as some weird facist super racist with that klan leader who is from around my hometown.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
trotskyists always seem to turn rightwing

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AstroWhale posted:

trotskyists always seem to turn rightwing

i mean i think alot of uber far left types do eventually. either because of infighting or spite or greed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1158052002602950658

I mean they've already done what, 50 episodes about Australia, sooo...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1158052002602950658

I mean they've already done what, 50 episodes about Australia, sooo...

One day they'll do Canada.

One day...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

One day they'll do Canada.

One day...

Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka are right there

Robert Pickton, too, although it'll be tough to top the LPOTL ep, they did a great job researching and they appropriately roasted Vancouver PD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I really hope they're more wacky antic episodes than Late Victorian Holocausts episodes