Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/QIn3jDd.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/rVuhUkl.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/HSkcDB6.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Is there a max range of any/all shotguns where the range stat stops making a difference? Or can they actually go all the way to max?

My best primary is a dust rock at 78 and my best secondary is a retold tale at 86

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Is there a max range of any/all shotguns where the range stat stops making a difference? Or can they actually go all the way to max?

My best primary is a dust rock at 78 and my best secondary is a retold tale at 86

Precision and aggressive frames can have the longest OHK range of like 9m or something. All they require is Rifled Barrel or Full Choke

Range stat doesn't seem to matter!

Rapid and lightweight cap out at like 7.5

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

just lol if Posting isn't how you spend half your hours in the office

Much like the Fonz my office is a men's bathroom

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

It's me. I'm the guy who farmed for a good Pribina because I like 110s (Didn't find one).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I got my quick invader kill for the Lumina step but wow, they do not give you a lot of time. I got like 7 kills before I got one quick enough to count, and I'm sure they didn't kill anyone on my team beforehand. You gotta pretty much be right by their spawn when they arrive.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
you have 10 seconds

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Astrochicken posted:

It's me. I'm the guy who farmed for a good Pribina because I like 110s (Didn't find one).

I got a outlaw/killclip one when I was first starring forsaken

You’re not missing much, Dook is much better.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It usually takes more than 10 seconds just to spot the invader, let alone kill them, even when you're not going after adds and just waiting for an invader to show up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Basically you have to earn a Not On My Watch medal, which means kill them within 10 seconds and before they kill anyone else. You have to get real lucky and they have to get a really bad spawn. Or you have to agree to feed each other luminas beforehand, which some people on reddit are doing.

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Hot take:

The bug for flawless Crown of Sorrows turns the last encounter into a prestige style thing where you have to do alternate mechanics to complete the encounter.

Made getting it flawless way more fun. Not less

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I look down on people that admit to having a charity lumina

(but seriously though, getting this medal was a huge PITA because you basically have to ignore the game objective and focus solely on getting the invader. That means watching the mote meter and the enemy portal notification religiously. For me, I posted up on that one column near Steppes on Nessus with a honed edge round while my team was over by Drill. Invader dropped in and I got him two seconds after.)

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Killing the invader in 10 seconds is what you are supposed to be doing in gambit anyways.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I find it amusing that the Lumina quest is all about working together but Bungie throws in a Gambit objective that has to be completed solo. The final objectives for Malfeasance are way more flexible.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
me being Not A Hunter just means I camp heavy the entire match for truth bullets

https://i.imgur.com/t7OM06Q.gifv

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I look down on people that admit to having a charity lumina

(but seriously though, getting this medal was a huge PITA because you basically have to ignore the game objective and focus solely on getting the invader. That means watching the mote meter and the enemy portal notification religiously. For me, I posted up on that one column near Steppes on Nessus with a honed edge round while my team was over by Drill. Invader dropped in and I got him two..

I equipped truth rocket launcher and did this. Had the Nessus drill map, and posted up in the middle a bit behind the portal. Barely even played the mote game and grabbed the first heavy. As soon as the sound effect for invasion hit I figured the third of the map they’d be spawning into based on ads and blues locations and ran towards it ready aiming truth and firing as soon as I saw red. I luckily beaned the guy right dead on and got it my first try. But yeah, after that I felt bad so I did give a few charity invasions back to the other team.

Do the emote where you sit in the chair like Riker and invade, hop on to the highest ledge and sit down in your charity chair. It was often surprising how long I could sit there before I’d get killed but I am sure I helped some people.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

Basically you have to earn a Not On My Watch medal, which means kill them within 10 seconds and before they kill anyone else. You have to get real lucky and they have to get a really bad spawn. Or you have to agree to feed each other luminas beforehand, which some people on reddit are doing.

This just sounds so loving retarded.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

I have all the stuff. Almost 25k PvP tokens haha

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Weird flex but ok

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

My preciousssssss

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I compulsively hand in tokens as I can't stand a flashing icon on the map.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

I have all the stuff. Almost 25k PvP tokens haha

You need help my dude.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why turn the tokens in? At a certain point, even with random rolls, it's just not an exciting loot stream any more.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I got Lumina and I'm kinda interested in giving this build a shot.
tl;dw: Use Lumina with Starfire Protocol and Well class with fusion grenades for a really great healer/buffer build.
It seems best for PVP right now, as there's not really any super hard PVE content in the game where you would really need it unless you're running a raid with inexperienced people or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmv5kmzwOD4

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

Why turn the tokens in? At a certain point, even with random rolls, it's just not an exciting loot stream any more.

Yeah exactly. If I ever get an acquired brain injury and therefore want to level a 2nd character it could be handy to try for extra rolls.

I got about 6,000 in my vault.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
is there even any good stuff for shaxx tokens

like zavala tokens give service revolver and outrageous fortune which is a nice swarm of the raven substitute

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

No except for maybe the sidearm

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

is there even any good stuff for shaxx tokens

like zavala tokens give service revolver and outrageous fortune which is a nice swarm of the raven substitute

I like the anon autumn but only two rolls i have are any good and realistically neither are as good as a last dance or burst.

I just used to get a full auto high cal one and put a hip fire mod on it but that was by no means top tier. Just fun as gently caress.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lol gambit is hilarious right now. i finished the gambit step within the first 3 minutes of the first round. put a revoker round into his mouth before his truth connected with me. counted.

i invade right after and spot a pubby not helping and HORNY for an invader kill. this happened.

https://i.imgur.com/cMNCl8m.gifv

he rage quit about 10 seconds later

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

You need help my dude.

I just play PvP on a single character. Nothing to spend poo poo on though

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Plus tokens are a great base material. They burn into shards and parts and cores and mods and will likely do the same in Shadowkeep

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I hope they let us know if they're going to do something drastic like leave past stuff behind and non-infusable like in Taken King. Because gently caress doing stuff like the Hush grind or Recluse or whatever if it's all gonna be useless in two months

I'm thinking exotics might be safe but it's pinnacle stuff that has be concerned

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roman posted:

I got Lumina and I'm kinda interested in giving this build a shot.
tl;dw: Use Lumina with Starfire Protocol and Well class with fusion grenades for a really great healer/buffer build.
It seems best for PVP right now, as there's not really any super hard PVE content in the game where you would really need it unless you're running a raid with inexperienced people or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmv5kmzwOD4

I was hoping sf would be a good pair, but I haven't had time to get lumina yet. I love how sf works, it's just too bad how fusion grenades got gimped hard in D2. I can't wait to do dumb poo poo in pve with a similar build I have some ~ideas~ on

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

I hope they let us know if they're going to do something drastic like leave past stuff behind and non-infusable like in Taken King. Because gently caress doing stuff like the Hush grind or Recluse or whatever if it's all gonna be useless in two months

I'm thinking exotics might be safe but it's pinnacle stuff that has be concerned

Burn it all

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They never tell us and you can still use year 1 stuff.

Imo rather than burning it all. Make more fun and better poo poo.

Finally got the ricochet, full auto, rangefinder last dance I've been chasing. Not the God roll but it's my white whale.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
holy loving lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elmQzT84u7s

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't mind burning it all if they don't make us do poo poo like "Kill 1000 invaders with hipfire crit shots from a solar bow while Ascendant during the Dawning" to get it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
After getting a gear piece from tokens they should bring up a quick Cliff notes window right then so I can shard immediately

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Someone convince me this is good enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Someone convince me this is good enough

I’ve got one with half those perks and it already feels like head hitboxes are roughly the size of their torso so enjoy?