Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

That was one of the most milquetoast ones I’ve seen, she didn’t turn out to be Alberta Einstein or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
God drat I assume he's trying to sound like the good guy but I imagine "here's 120 extra pounds so you'll be as heavy as that fat gently caress" doesnt come across as noble as he hoped, and lol at the veer to "BODY POSITIVITY :argh:" that no one was surprised by

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Stop trying to make brohemian happen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MrUnderbridge posted:

Wait. Nobody clapped? He didn't end up marrying her after she becomes svelte?

Weak.

Her dummy thicc rear end cheeks clapped as she did those stairs. And those stairs were Chuck Norris

(-endorsed.)

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Ten bucks someone called the author fat at a gym once. It's all made up revenge fantasy from there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've never been to a gym where people interacted with each other unless farting a lot counts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've never been to a gym where people interacted with each other unless farting a lot counts.

A friend of mine has extreme insecurity and body image issues, but often refused to go to the gym because she’s absolutely convinced that everyone is laughing at her. No matter how much I tell her I’ve never seen that in any gym, she swears that she sees people staring and laughing.

She’s not even that fat. She’s curvy and short.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Do they not have women-only gyms in America? Even the big coed gyms here tend to have women-only areas.

And yeah I'm pretty sure the only people getting undue and unwanted attention at the gym are thin women

E: maybe that's naive though, never underestimate dudes abilities to make women feel uncomfortable

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 20:56 on Jul 3, 2019

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I know I shouldn't laugh at anyone at the gym but if anything I feel like smirking much more about the try hards that seem like they're having a natural birth and run around the loving place than about a fat person - I mean, sure, I'm fat too, but I think everyone is pretty conscious about that kind of stuff in general. But when paranoia hits there's no rhyme or reason

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Jerry Cotton posted:

To be fair, this sounds like a pretty accurate description of Finland in general.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

A friend of mine has extreme insecurity and body image issues, but often refused to go to the gym because she’s absolutely convinced that everyone is laughing at her. No matter how much I tell her I’ve never seen that in any gym, she swears that she sees people staring and laughing.

She’s not even that fat. She’s curvy and short.

I mean I'm sure there are gyms where chest-bicep-clowns (as we call them) might smirk at someone but I'd like to assume you can tell immediately when you just have a look around the first time.

I haven't been to a gym in ten years though, maybe everyone is poo poo now :shrug:

Covski posted:

To be fair, this sounds like a pretty accurate description of Finland in general.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I laugh at fat pieces of poo poo on the daily

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Oh gently caress my monitors on

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Domus posted:

Ten bucks someone called the author fat at a gym once. It's all made up revenge fantasy from there.

:lol: he is actually an author/stand up comedian too. Sci fi writer named Patrick Tomilson

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

I mean I'm sure there are gyms where chest-bicep-clowns (as we call them) might smirk at someone but I'd like to assume you can tell immediately when you just have a look around the first time.

I haven't been to a gym in ten years though, maybe everyone is poo poo now :shrug:

The one story she told me from the gym that wasn't "I can't go any more because everyone is pointing and laughing at a fat person exercising" was when she went into a weight room that she thought was completely deserted. She said to herself "This bitch empty" and a guy she missed in the corner shouted "YEET!"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

bike tory posted:

Do they not have women-only gyms in America? Even the big coed gyms here tend to have women-only areas.

And yeah I'm pretty sure the only people getting undue and unwanted attention at the gym are thin women

E: maybe that's naive though, never underestimate dudes abilities to make women feel uncomfortable

Super naive, but I like your optimism.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

orange sky posted:

I know I shouldn't laugh at anyone at the gym but if anything I feel like smirking much more about the try hards that seem like they're having a natural birth and run around the loving place than about a fat person - I mean, sure, I'm fat too, but I think everyone is pretty conscious about that kind of stuff in general. But when paranoia hits there's no rhyme or reason

You probably shouldn't "smirk" at them either because mocking someone for putting a lot of effort and intensity into their workout is dumb as hell too. Not everyone wants to go apeshit but not everyone just wants to expend moderate effort at most either.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

M_Sinistrari posted:

I know the feeling. I'll forget where I set my keys or phone down, but I'll easily remember poo poo like the water tank weighing, the childfree person who dressed up for a Harry Potter book release and was livid that a child got picked to open the box, or the polyamory guy who was asking for advice that his human wife was jealous of his horse wife.

And that man's name was Mike Pence.

bike tory posted:

Yeah, there's a chain: https://www.curves.com/

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1146561959048802304?s=19

I too am the first leftist to read an economics text book.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

"We all love your mother, noob."

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1146561959048802304?s=19

I too am the first leftist to read an economics text book.

"corporations" and "banks"

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

freedom isn't free :911: :patriot: god bless

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Truly no one is more oppressed than white Christians

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Lol at anyone who actually believes in a religion whether it’s one of the bad ones like Christianity or Muslim or the good ones like Episcopalian or Shinto

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

the only good religion is Satan

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

You better start believing in hell because you’re in it.

That’s a twist on a line from the successful Disney movie Pirates of the Caribbean. I hope you enjoyed it and if not go to hell

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Lol at anyone who actually believes in a religion whether it’s one of the bad ones like Christianity or Muslim or the good ones like Episcopalian or Shinto

more like oldfaithless

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

oldpainless posted:

More like

RNG posted:

more like oldfaithless

GOD DAMMIT

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I congratulate the religious on not being so jaded by the world that they can believe in a competent authourity, let alone a benevolent one.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Elfface posted:

I congratulate the religious on not being so jaded by the world that they can believe in a competent authourity, let alone a benevolent one.

I believe in a malevolent, hateful god who despises us and works to maximize our suffering, not by constant torture, but by torture interspersed with joyful respites, so the pain will be that much worse by our remembering what we've lost.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

An unironic enthusiastic yes!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

lol if you aren't a Sun worshiper

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I pray to Joe Pesci. Looks like the kind of guy who can get things done. Plus he's a good actor. To me that counts.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

RNG posted:

freedom isn't free :911: :patriot: god bless

STDH: A muslim woman at work tried to get her own manager to make a white person do something.

Not even white people can make other white people do things if they are a customer.

I love the 'WILL YOU HESITATE TO PASS THIS ON?' I won't loving hesitate, I'll flat out refuse to share it.

Aleph Null posted:

I believe in a malevolent, hateful god who despises us and works to maximize our suffering, not by constant torture, but by torture interspersed with joyful respites, so the pain will be that much worse by our remembering what we've lost.

I've always thought that if there is a god or gods, they created the universe and all the systems and physics within it. Sentient life has been growing on their creation like mould on a petri dish.

TheMostFrench has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Jul 5, 2019

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aleph Null posted:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

not to be confused with satanism, aka objectivism with pentagrams

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

felch me daddy jr. posted:

not to be confused with satanism, aka objectivism with pentagrams

LaVeyan Satanism is basically this

The Temple of Satan Satanic Temple is progressive humanism with pentagrams