Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

gently caress, I was drunk as hell but still can't believe I confused my space vaginas and space cocks.

I'll never live this down.

Facehugger has a labia setup from which a tentacle dick emerges to lay embryos down your throat so you're not actually wrong.

The eggs initially also had a labia but were deemed too rude so they were changed to have a cross fold setup. Alien is just space genitalia the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Jay_Zombie posted:

Currently listening to the Alien novelization on Audible. It's pretty good so far.

Finished Alien, and yesterday finished the Aliens novelization on Audible. Working on Alien 3 now. I think I'm just gonna binge through all of them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

aren't you the guy who got some guys from the movie to be in your lets play?

Yeah, I got Daniel Kash (Spunkmeyer from ‘Aliens’) and Ian Whyte (the Predators in the AvP movies, and the Engineer in ‘Prometheus’) and would have had Jeanette Goldstein (Vasquez) and Cynthia Scott (Dietrich) were it not for technical difficulties.

I also got Steve Perry (co-author of the first 3 Aliens novels and the first AvP novel).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, I got Daniel Kash (Spunkmeyer from ‘Aliens’) and Ian Whyte (the Predators in the AvP movies, and the Engineer in ‘Prometheus’) and would have had Jeanette Goldstein (Vasquez) and Cynthia Scott (Dietrich) were it not for technical difficulties.

I also got Steve Perry (co-author of the first 3 Aliens novels and the first AvP novel).

Wait what? What did you get these people for?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wait what? What did you get these people for?

A dance party at my house. :dance:

Nah I got them to do introductions for some AvP videogame Lets Plays I did years ago.

I grabbed a trial membership of IMDb Pro and spammed the contact info of anyone and everyone related to the Alien/Predator franchise that I could find. Most ignored me, Ian Holm declined as politely as he could, Gary Busey’s agent said he “doesn’t do pro-bono work”, and a few were interested but it just never panned out (Lance Henriksen, Ricco Ross).

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 3, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's amazing.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Alien is just space genitalia the movie.

that's why they hired space genitalia the artist for the art design

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Xenomrph posted:

Nah I got them to do introductions for some AvP videogame Lets Plays I did years ago.

I grabbed a trial membership of IMDb Pro and spammed the contact info of anyone and everyone related to the Alien/Predator franchise that I could find. Most ignored me, Ian Holm declined as politely as he could, Gary Busey’s agent said he “doesn’t do pro-bono work”, and a few were interested but it just never panned out (Lance Henriksen, Ricco Ross).

Post the recordings.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

evobatman posted:

Post the recordings.

I’ll see what I can do, Ian Whyte and Daniel Kash did multiple “takes” because I only gave them a script with no direction, so they didn’t know what kind of tone I was looking for. :v:

I’m friends with Steve Perry’s daughter on Facebook and she didn’t know I’d gotten her father to help me with my Let’s Play, she thought his recording was pretty funny.

What’s the best way to host audio clips online?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

drat I remember that LP. So good.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Xenomrph posted:

you are the best

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrlUWh2ZlHo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

What’s the best way to host audio clips online?

Probably sound cloud.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

That Ian Holm thing sounds about right. I've always heard he's kinda reclusive but polite as poo poo.

edit: Speaking of which, Spunkmeyer from back in the day could've played a good Theon Greyjoy.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BattleMaster posted:

that's why they hired space genitalia the artist for the art design

Ridley scott: hey hr giger

Giger: space vagina eggs that conceal leaping scuttling vagina dentata penis monsters that vagina your face then penis you with the vaginal ovipositor that comes out of their horror penis

Ridley scott:

Giger: oh, hi

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Seb what can I do to get you to change my name to horror penis

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

sebmojo posted:

Ridley scott: hey hr giger

Giger: space vagina eggs that conceal leaping scuttling vagina dentata penis monsters that vagina your face then penis you with the vaginal ovipositor that comes out of their horror penis

Ridley scott:

Giger: oh, hi

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Let's Play audio intros:

Daniel Kash

Ian Whyte

Steve Perry

I know Ian Whyte did a bunch of takes but I think he sent them each as separate files, and it looks like I only kept the one I ended up using.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Let's Play audio intros:

Daniel Kash

Ian Whyte

Steve Perry

I know Ian Whyte did a bunch of takes but I think he sent them each as separate files, and it looks like I only kept the one I ended up using.

Noooooo always keep everything!

That’s loving awesome stuff though!

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
:thatsrad:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I dug out my old Aliens/AvP omnibuses that I bought from Amazon when they were just a few dollars each. Looks like my nerd stocks have gone up quite a bit in value!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Young Freud posted:

There's a whole episode that literally becomes an Aliens homage.

I have been calling staple removers "Alien Heads" or "Alien Queens" since I was eleven.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Copper Vein posted:

Michael Biehn does an excellent job in this role as Lt Coffey in Cameron's very next film The Abyss, where Biehn plays a Navy Seal who succumbs to ocean madness pretty much instantly.

Holy poo poo.

I loving loved The Abyss (Director's Cut, or whichever one didn't have the tidal waves) as a kid, watched the version we taped during a free premium cable weekend at least a couple dozen times. I only watched The Abyss once in the past 25+ years, though, it was the Tidal Wave version that I got as a christmas gift. I love Aliens, though I never watched it anywhere close to as many times as The Abyss. I didn't like The Terminator (saw 2 first, as a kid, the original looked cheap and dumb to my dumb child brain, even being a nerd who actually signed out the novelization from the library and read that first) when I was younger, but it's really grown to me since. I like Michael Biehn, I think he's a quality actor.

I never, until right this moment, realized that Biehn played Lt Coffey, in all his mustachioed glory. Jesus.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

she got a babbie stapler inside her

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

Let's Play audio intros:

Daniel Kash

Ian Whyte

Steve Perry

That's awesome.

Coincidentally I just watched The Abyss a few nights ago. Great movie.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Giger should get a medal for combining fear of dicks and fear of vaginas into a single memorable monster.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Biehn had a hell of a run there, shame he fell off after The Rock.

Terminator
Aliens
The Abyss
Navy Seals
Tombstone
The Rock

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Laterite posted:

Biehn had a hell of a run there, shame he fell off after The Rock.

Terminator
Aliens
The Abyss
Navy Seals
Tombstone
The Rock

heck yeah, I wonder if he got into the spicy stuff though. If you look at his samples on cameo now, he looks pretty out of it.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Ghostnuke posted:

heck yeah, I wonder if he got into the spicy stuff though. If you look at his samples on cameo now, he looks pretty out of it.

He’s an alcoholic. There’s plenty of youtubes with him talking about his recovery. He’s probably fallen off the wagon a bunch.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

You can't die, Aliens thread!

I picked these up recently, anyone know if they're any good?

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Ghostnuke posted:

I would call them ok, entertaining at the least. Nightmare Asylum legit gave me a nightmare, funny, but still classified as a nightmare given I died by facehugger.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I had some poo poo Aliens-related dream.

Recruited (more like conscripted) into some rag-tag platoon stitched together at the last moment to go and "fight the aliens". We were equipped with the absolute worst sort of jank-rear end gear, including (but not limited to) toy plastic helmets, weapons with broken/missing parts, tactical vests that were actually black-painted inflatable lifejackets (mine had the name "Bill Till" scribbled on the tag for whatever reason) and no loving trousers at all, so I had to march around the hangar wearing a long towel over some swimshorts.

The platoon leader was wearing a cheap plastic Spider-Man mask on the back of his head so the aliens wouldn't sneak up behind him (similar to the short-lived practice of doing the same thing to fool tigers into not attacking in India back in the 1980's).

Just as I started to complain about the quality of the poo poo we'd been handed out, the operation was cancelled and we were told to go home. I started ranting about "who the gently caress is microwaving boiled eggs" or something and woke up to the sound of traffic outside.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
We need to implant this thread in another, larger thread

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I had some poo poo Aliens-related dream.

Recruited (more like conscripted) into some rag-tag platoon stitched together at the last moment to go and "fight the aliens". We were equipped with the absolute worst sort of jank-rear end gear, including (but not limited to) toy plastic helmets, weapons with broken/missing parts, tactical vests that were actually black-painted inflatable lifejackets (mine had the name "Bill Till" scribbled on the tag for whatever reason) and no loving trousers at all, so I had to march around the hangar wearing a long towel over some swimshorts.

The platoon leader was wearing a cheap plastic Spider-Man mask on the back of his head so the aliens wouldn't sneak up behind him (similar to the short-lived practice of doing the same thing to fool tigers into not attacking in India back in the 1980's).

Just as I started to complain about the quality of the poo poo we'd been handed out, the operation was cancelled and we were told to go home. I started ranting about "who the gently caress is microwaving boiled eggs" or something and woke up to the sound of traffic outside.

This sounds like the best thing in the franchise since Aliens.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Not gonna lie I might steal the backwards mask gimmick as a little color for a marine NPC in the ttrpg when that comes out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sunswipe posted:

This sounds like the best thing in the franchise since Aliens.

:hmmyes:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ghostnuke posted:

oh wow seeing earth hive is giving me flashbacks to high school

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Same. I'm fairly certain I've read Nightmare Asylum at some point. Probably in junior high, I don't remember any detail but I distinctly remember thinking it was cool that the local library had Aliens novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ghostnuke posted:

I'm still thinking about Aliens (both the movie and the creature)