Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

gently caress that other frasier thread i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
This is actually pretty funny.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

This was in my android news feed this morning.

I'm not sure how it decides what image to put with each link, but kudos to whomever made Mr. Peppers a mascot.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm one dialogue in and got me lolin

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VENEER!

*drinks*

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Which is the best Daphne episode?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Either her subbing in as a chef at Les Freres Hereux or the Valentine's day short she did with John Mahoney, imo

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I wouldn't say it's the best Daphne episode, but Daphne Does Dinner does have the best opening scene, where we see the ending of one of the Crane Boy's failed dinner parties. A toupee was set on fire, Frasier faked having Tourette's, Martin was an Italian count, and naturally there's a goat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DemoneeHo posted:

I wouldn't say it's the best Daphne episode, but Daphne Does Dinner does have the best opening scene, where we see the ending of one of the Crane Boy's failed dinner parties. A toupee was set on fire, Frasier faked having Tourette's, Martin was an Italian count, and naturally there's a goat.

After a point people definitely come to the Crane dinner parties just to see what goes wrong this time.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I like the Christmas episode where she thinks Martin is dying, or when Frasier mistakenly tries to set her up with a new station manager, only to find he thought Frasier wanted to date him instead. There's an amazing moment when she throws her "lucky" bra off in defeat that's relatable af

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The correct answer is Moon Dance.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That opening to Daphne Does Dinner is perfect and it's a really good example of a long-running show understanding what it is and having a little fun at its own expense without going into the extremes of lampshading or fourth wall breaking or being self deprecating.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The ones she doesn't/briefly appears in.

She's not funny, the character fuckin sucks, fight me.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Koalas March posted:

I like the Christmas episode where she thinks Martin is dying, or when Frasier mistakenly tries to set her up with a new station manager, only to find he thought Frasier wanted to date him instead. There's an amazing moment when she throws her "lucky" bra off in defeat that's relatable af

I always thought that the station manager took rejection pretty well. Coz, from his perspective, Frasier had been hitting on him hard all night, and then he takes the fact that Frasier is straight with remarkable grace. He should have been at least a little bit pissed off.

Also I love the line "Wait, that Maris person that Niles has been talking about all night is a woman??"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There was a point where Frasier questioned his sexuality with the Freud dream episode and seemed open to the idea but ultimately figured he's open-minded and honest with himself enough to have already accepted if if he was gay.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was a point where Frasier questioned his sexuality with the Freud dream episode and seemed open to the idea but ultimately figured he's open-minded and honest with himself enough to have already accepted if if he was gay.

He came real close to giving it a go in the episode he became Patrick Stewart's sugarbaby iirc

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Koalas March posted:

He came real close to giving it a go in the episode he became Patrick Stewart's sugarbaby iirc

I'd love to see an arc of Frasier as Patrick Stewart's kept man, basically having whatever he wants handed to him and constant amazing parties... And to see how long it would take him to torment himself into losing it all.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

frasie' gets bad hair plugs and a regrettable face lift in a misbegotten attempt to keep p-stew interested

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Frasier puts out but he's just not that good at bottoming

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

I'd love to see an arc of Frasier as Patrick Stewart's kept man, basically having whatever he wants handed to him and constant amazing parties... And to see how long it would take him to torment himself into losing it all.

There actually was an ep where he dates a high powered business lady and after spending a night hanging out with all her co-workers' trophy wives he figures it's not working for him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There actually was an ep where he dates a high powered business lady and after spending a night hanging out with all her co-workers' trophy wives he figures it's not working for him.

No, Samantha dumps him because he's too clingy and then he spends the entire next episode stalking her, trying to get closure.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Timby posted:

No, Samantha dumps him because he's too clingy and then he spends the entire next episode stalking her, trying to get closure.

That figures, my brain is dumb and drunk.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Timby posted:

Topped off by that burst of bizarro-logic where she finds herself charmed afterwards by Frasier's "persistence"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cosmik Slop posted:

Topped off by that burst of bizarro-logic where she finds herself charmed afterwards by Frasier's "persistence"

Pretty common 90's plot point.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Frasier puts out but he's just not that good at bottoming

He won't stop offering critiques through the whole thing and starts each one with "If I may"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Frasier starts using the corks of fine vintages as butt plugs, leading to a hilarious mixup at the wine tasting club when one falls out onto the floor near the judges table and is mistaken as being from a particularly sought after bottle.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cosmik Slop posted:

I thought it was more him desperately trying to figure out why she dumped him, which made her re-examine why it happened and realize she was afraid of how into Frasier she was, and she tries to get back with him but with the quandary of why he was dumped solved Frasier realizes he’s just not that into her and dumps her. Or maybe he ends up hitting on her friend or something. It’s been a while.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

food court bailiff posted:

Or maybe he ends up hitting on her friend or something. It’s been a while.
That's the one where he's with the redhead snob who shares all his interests, bit is invariably drawn to sabotage it by skanking it up with his friend the single mom.

The rich lawyer he fucks up by breaking up with her for being a star fucker and basically taking the woman's role as the less prestigious partner. Then he leaves a creepy message in her machine, she takes him back, and at the same dinner he breaks up with her because he just wants the sweet famous people (like "poof dadday")

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
The Flying Cigar!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Happy Brothers Restaurant!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'd enjoy the episode where GoonFrasier sweatily brings the lady a printer while whining in four four time.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I'm a lumbering
Pleasure
Dinosaur

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I'd enjoy the episode where GoonFrasier sweatily brings the lady a printer while whining in four four time.

Fraiser decides that his dad's black and white inkjet printer isn't good enough for her so he decides to have a giant color laser All-in-one office multi-function printer delivered to her apartment. However they can't deliver until the next day, which is too late for his plans. So Frasier pushes it through downtown Seattle in the rain all the way to her apartment only to find she ended up going down the block to Kinko's to have it done.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Niles: The next thing I knew, I had grown... tumescent. So I escaped the room on all fours while singing "The Rum Tum Tugger" from "Cats".

Frasier: ...

Niles: Oh, like you've never turned to questionable musical theater in a moment of crisis!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This thread is basically season 12 at this point

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

I'm a lumbering
Pleasure
Dinosaur

Yes, the one on the radio!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There's a later episode that's without Fras and they do the "Oh! Frasier sent a letter from his extended Psych conference! He is doing well and will be back soon! Now on with the show"

Was he filming a movie or in rehab???

Also was anyone else sad that Kelsey Grammar didnt GET BEEFY when he was Beast in X-Men???

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FilthyImp posted:

There's a later episode that's without Fras and they do the "Oh! Frasier sent a letter from his extended Psych conference! He is doing well and will be back soon! Now on with the show"

Was he filming a movie or in rehab???

Also was anyone else sad that Kelsey Grammar didnt GET BEEFY when he was Beast in X-Men???

He was in rehab after flipping his Dodge Viper, yeah. The intro bit with him was filmed later. Thankfully the show was on hiatus for 3 weeks anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Seriously you all, read the cannibal spec scrip linked a couple pages back.