Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Brand 3 is disgusting. 20 bounces! He'd have his spell back before the first finished. You can't have two going at the same time from what I could tell (not sure if that would constitute a bug or would be intended).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The logic on when you’re allowed to overlap spells is really inconsistent. Kindred doesn’t generate mana (even with Shojin) till her ult finishes, but Kayle can have overlapping ults.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

milkman dad posted:

Brand 3 is disgusting. 20 bounces! He'd have his spell back before the first finished. You can't have two going at the same time from what I could tell (not sure if that would constitute a bug or would be intended).

You absolutely can have two going. Shojin's Brand is fuckin NUTS

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Oh yeah. Tried it twice. The first game went poorly because I never saw a rod.

The second was the other way around because I was able to make three lockers on Ahri and the results were hilarious.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The locket strat is hilarious (6 sorc buffs the shield, stack 3 of them on a char in the middle) and good. They should definitely nerf it but I hope they leave lockets viable. Doing the strat a few times has shown me it's actually a decent item to stack with those componets even when you're not abusing it fully. It's kinda the perfect morgana item too.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone complaining that they can't move up in Ranked because of factors totally outside their control should have to post their op.gg page or get probated imo

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

Everyone complaining that they can't move up in Ranked because of factors totally outside their control should have to post their op.gg page or get probated imo

If they're on NA or EUW, they should hop into the discord and play a game with goons so we can see for ourselves what their problem really is

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Super Librarian posted:

If they're on NA or EUW, they should hop into the discord and play a game with goons so we can see for ourselves what their problem really is

Not on euw, we're all silver scrublords, we have no idea what we're doing

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I know exactly what I'm doing I'm just not good at doing it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

The logic on when you’re allowed to overlap spells is really inconsistent. Kindred doesn’t generate mana (even with Shojin) till her ult finishes, but Kayle can have overlapping ults.

does shen ult work like kindreds? if so it is actually fairly consistent, if not what the f riot

E: to clarify, it would imply there are instant cast buffs(kayle, lulu) and aura buffs(shen, kindred)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

pog boyfriend posted:

does shen ult work like kindreds? if so it is actually fairly consistent, if not what the f riot

E: to clarify, it would imply there are instant cast buffs(kayle, lulu) and aura buffs(shen, kindred)

Shen's does work like Kindred yes.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Turning Pyke into a sorcerer and giving him Sho'jin is my new favourite strat in TFT. He just jumps all over the enemy team and stuns everyone.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Here's a video walkthrough of one of my games doing what I think is the best strategy in the game right now: improvizational econ, where you save money, get a fast level 6 and 7, but take what the game gives you instead of forcing one specific build.

I think it turned out really well!! Please watch it!! I'm basically just chillin for the next three weeks since I'm getting a new job soon, and I genuinely think I can get really high ranked on the ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBkZ5qu2wxA

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

kingcobweb posted:

Here's a video walkthrough of one of my games doing what I think is the best strategy in the game right now: improvizational econ, where you save money, get a fast level 6 and 7, but take what the game gives you instead of forcing one specific build.

I think it turned out really well!! Please watch it!! I'm basically just chillin for the next three weeks since I'm getting a new job soon, and I genuinely think I can get really high ranked on the ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBkZ5qu2wxA

Hey this was helpful in putting together some thoughts I had about the game but hadn't properly articulated yet - namely, econ hard and let items decide your build.

Also your voice is very soothing.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They will have to do something with glacial, there's no counter to being frozen frequently for 2+ seconds except having a substantially stronger team.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Glacial comps are almost entirely reliant on having a tricked out Ashe, if they don't have that you can just get a beefy brawler frontline and face tank the front and get assassins or long range sorcerers to gently caress up the backline (if you get their Anivia early the job's basically done). Putting a Frozen Heart on the frontline will help with that too.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Other than Sejuani, who’s just an overpowered unit on her own, Glacial is totally fine. Lissandra and Braum are straight up bad, and the comp just does no damage unless you have a three star Vayne with ranger proc. Sejuani hitting a sick ult is pretty much the only way it can win against a decent teamcomp, since it has absolutely no other way of stopping a backline Sol, Brand, Karthus, Draven, etc.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

solution: use spatula to turn sejuani into an assassin

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Best part of glacial is (hopefully) countering enemy cho'gaths and sejuanis. I need to get better at picking up glacial and demons instead of rolling down for the top 3 CC units to round out my comp. Sometimes I just don't hit what I want and lose. Adding 2-3 random glacials/demons would be a good backup plan to win the CC wars late game.

Oh the reason people are saying Glacials are balanced is because they only attack the front line until your front line is dead. Comps typically rely on backline carries so your job is to mow down their frontline faster than the glacial side and kill them that way. Glacials win if they get the frontline down first or at the same time because glacial backline tends to win on account of the other backline being frozen. If you're losing to glacial you need more damage. Of course it can be that glacials win because they're set up better or luck, but the times when it feels hopeless are generally because you lack damage in your comp.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 6, 2019

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Eezee posted:

I played my very first round of league today. How can I become slightly less garbage at the game despite not knowing any of the heroes?

i know this was from awhile back and i also know a lot of people love to bag on aram but honestly aram is a great place to learn to play in team fights and also a very low pressure environment to get an idea of what a lot of different champions do

Midig posted:

I am a firm believer that you end up in the correct rank no matter what. You will statistically always gain MMR if you are better since you are the only consistent thing over a large number of games.

But in shorter terms, if I lost because of some bullshit like ADC or mid AFKing/trolling/intentional feeding that is out of my control, then I could have potentially lost more than I could have gained. I understand sometimes having 17 or 14. But 8? Waste of my time to be honest. Give me a harder challenge to prove I can win games against "supposed" equal skill players and gain more LP for each minute spent.

a lot of people always forget that you actually have a higher chance of someone on the enemy team inting because assuming you aren't a poo poo for brains you aren't going to int, so its 5v4 there. also you know, you win games from the enemy team doing that but stop thinking about it exactly 0 seconds after the game ends.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 7, 2019

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dear thread, today I won during a NPC round as my last remaining opponent died to the big crab while I did not. The camera kind of bugs out if you win like this.

I'm also starting to prioritize grabbing Blitzcrank if it looks like I'm heading towards the endgame 1v1. A single blitzcrank of any any level can make or break a lot of comps once you hit the positioning endgame.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A blitzcrank in a sorcerer comp is Hi-larious, have him hold your lockets which somehow get boosted from the sorc bonus and watch his grab instantly delete a backliner.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Eezee posted:

I played my very first round of league today. How can I become slightly less garbage at the game despite not knowing any of the heroes?

i also missed this, the easiest way to get slightly less garbage at the game is to focus on one concept and get it down, then on to the next one(jay z), until you are Good. the easiest concept to grasp is "looking at the minimap", as it will prevent you from dying and open up opportunities to attack people who are badly positioned.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'm Gold now :unsmith:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A blitzcrank in a sorcerer comp is Hi-larious, have him hold your lockets which somehow get boosted from the sorc bonus and watch his grab instantly delete a backliner.

With the caveat that he shouldn't have the lockets himself because if he's surrounded by units he can't punch anyone for the knockup, I Agree

Just won with 5 sorc + Yuumi Brand + Blitz

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 7, 2019

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
a 3-star ashe with guinsoo's (and glacial synergy for kicks) has to be at least in the top 10 stupidest things on planet earth

edit: and i know someone is going to say "any 3-star carry with items is good!!" so let me clarify: a stacked draven or whatever is stupid because he just does all the damage possible in the video game. guinsoo's ashe just plinks at a sejuani for 15 minutes and then stunlocks the enemy carry from across the board with her ult

Monicro fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 7, 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

congrats!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It feels really good to win the final battle because you quickly repositioned your units to counter your enemy's repositioning and your akali just THREADS THE NEEDLE and slaps their hypercarry vayne with a cursed blade.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

get'em son

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I really like this auto chess game, it feels like a game of monopoly in the way you can strategically get champs so other players can't use them to finish their builds.
Great mirco and macro strategic economics.

Also hell is where I meet lulu, shen and ken, dear lord are they cancer to deal with.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The guy in this thread who installed the game in december already surpassing the guy who wont stop complaining about his noob teammates keeping him in silver is something im not going to stop finding funny for a good while

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monicro posted:

The guy in this thread who installed the game in december already surpassing the guy who wont stop complaining about his noob teammates keeping him in silver is something im not going to stop finding funny for a good while

this is the best post in the thread

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I stuck with my main man Mid Karthus and just slammed out like 10 great games in a row and skipped through all of Silver 1. gently caress the meta, ignore nerfs, play what feels right in your heart. Apart from one poo poo game where we had this idiot Diana (I got filled top) who kept fighting and fighting and fighting and went 0-7 before 15 minutes and then complained that it was Jungle's fault for not ~setting up their hypercarry~, everything went like a breeze. I had a great game where me and Yi tag-teammed mid and I let him get really fed and we won sub-20 minutes.

I find that the trick to winning is just to play really, really, REALLY safe. Never take any risks ever, only fight when you 100% know you can win/take an objective, and basically just play the smart, long game. You'll always get a poo poo feeding teammate now and then, but I find otherwise it's best to just pretend they don't exist, play to your own strengths, and let yourself be pleasantly surprised if/when some plays are made that you/they can capitalize on. Of course this is all from the perspective of someone who only plays Karthus and he's such a unique champ that I feel like none of my skills and observation will transfer to anyone else :laugh:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
the trick to winning being safe is a pretty good predictor that you aren't way better than the other players. as the gap increases, 'riskier' play becomes more and more rewarding. not saying this to attack you directly or anything, but its not equally applicable to all people

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Man I had I think three games in a row without seeing a single bf sword :(. Gettin my rear end beat regardless, though.

What are the SICK STRATS for this game?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Read all of kingcobweb's posts and watch the videos.

Pretty impressed so far with TFT, although I seem to have 5th place lock down most matches. Even following kingcobweb's advice,it seems some luck is still involved.

That or I need to get better at figuring out when to spend the gold I've econed. Some games it seems everyone all ins and I'm zeroed before I even get to 50g.

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 8, 2019

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Kaedric posted:

Man I had I think three games in a row without seeing a single bf sword :(. Gettin my rear end beat regardless, though.

What are the SICK STRATS for this game?

The sick strats are get Draven and protect him one way or another, that's it, that's all it is, get one of him, even tier one and load him up and laugh as he destroys enemy teams.

The strategy to beat Draven is get 6 Yordles and make the enemy break their pc in frustration.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Or, like what happened in my previous game, load up your vayne with a pd, and laugh as my draven does 0 damage to you :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
One of the most important things to learn in TFT that most people skin over is "You aren't going to 3* that unit"

If you've got a 2* and parts of another, and look across the map and see someone else with a 2* and part of another, chances are pretty low you're going to complete that champion unless it's a level 1 champion from the start of the game. Same goes for mid-late and late game champions, the chance you're going to boost Anivia, Gnar, or Draven past 2* is pretty low but sometimes if you've got a healthy economy it's worth keeping a Gnar off an opponent's field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Roid666 posted:

Or, like what happened in my previous game, load up your vayne with a pd, and laugh as my draven does 0 damage to you :(

That's why you stick a RFC on him