Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
Virtual Audio Cable is as well, you can donate to get more virtual cards. The difference between the programs are largely complexity and features but all will do the job (I have both installed because reasons).

Keptbroom fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Got a new PB in the weekly Startropics race today, so that's cool. It doesn't put me any higher in the leaderboard but I'll probably submit it anyway to have a run with me talking instead of GDQ in the background.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Australian Speedrun Marathon 2019, an event that is taking place in my home city that I literally did not know existed until just now is live today until the 4th and then again July 6th and 7th raising money for Beyond Blue, an Australian charity that works to address issues associated with depression, suicide, anxiety disorders and other related mental disorders.

Schedule here: https://horaro.org/asm2019
Watch here: http://twitch.tv/ausspeedruns

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
A few months back someone in this thread said that Celeste was extremely good. I doubted cus I generally don’t dig platformers but it was on sale...

Holy poo poo thank you, this game is amazing! And the speed run is crazy! drat!! :h:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

802.11weed posted:

A few months back someone in this thread said that Celeste was extremely good. I doubted cus I generally don’t dig platformers but it was on sale...

Holy poo poo thank you, this game is amazing! And the speed run is crazy! drat!! :h:
I also recently bought Celeste based on the speedrunning hype and am thoroughly enjoying it. I mean, I kinda suck at it, but it's super fun even though I'm dying like 200+ times per level.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Its difficulty is part of what makes those effortless speedruns so amazing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mode 7 posted:

Australian Speedrun Marathon 2019, an event that is taking place in my home city that I literally did not know existed until just now is live today until the 4th and then again July 6th and 7th raising money for Beyond Blue, an Australian charity that works to address issues associated with depression, suicide, anxiety disorders and other related mental disorders.

nice! ty .

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Eonwe told me he's going to AGDQ if he doesn't he's a coward!! :colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow called the gently caress out

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I think I'm going to learn Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade as an awful game, and maybe Katana Zero

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Studio posted:

I think I'm going to learn Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade as an awful game

You chose... poorly

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Mode 7 posted:

I've only watched a few of the runs so far, but what a fun gathering, reminds me of early AGDQs :3:

And that new VVVVVV strat...! I'm glad I got to see the 'old' run at SGDQ so I could compare it easily to the new one (vod timestamp)

Hey First Aid Kite, did you see the Disaster: Day of Crisis run? love your lps by the way

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the glover VOD is gone from youtube, RIP

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol at having slurs on your backup cart

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/clip/PlainPlumpParrotHotPokket

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
wasn’t his backup cart.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

on [the] backup cart

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
no need to make it sound like he knew.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

whoever owns that cart needs an rear end kicking at vlc media player

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Imo that guy needed anass kicking before that

Obnoxious drunks at gdq need to gently caress off

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

afaik the only guy who got an asskicking was dr fatbody

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ayin posted:

Hey First Aid Kite, did you see the Disaster: Day of Crisis run?

I did not! If I could get a setup for it, I wouldn't mind trying to speedrun Raw Danger but there are definitely some glitches in that game I'd try to find some use for because I'll be damned if they aren't great. There's the glitch where the water rising trigger happens during a cutscene so your main character just floats up off the top of the screen during the cutscene, there's the glitch that causes the taxi cab to fall through the world, the glitch that causes the taxi cab to just shoot off into the sky, the glitch that got me stuck behind a doorway and I had 1 droplet of water on me so I had to wait until I died of hypothermia from that single water drop so that I'd respawn at the last checkpoint, that whole game has a lot of glitches and I'd legit like to see a way for them to be utilized in a speedrun in some useful form.

Ayin posted:

love your lps by the way

You're too kind, aw :sweatdrop:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

New Summoning Salt

The History of Rainbow Road World Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuzUKT2Shn8

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Was there a Rainbow Road record history video by someone else, because I'm pretty sure I watched one a few months ago.

e. actually that might have been just a gdq vod with a good commentary.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Kennel posted:

Was there a Rainbow Road record history video by someone else, because I'm pretty sure I watched one a few months ago.

e. actually that might have been just a gdq vod with a good commentary.
There was this two months ago, where a guy pulled off a carpetless Big House in the Sky, which was previously thought TAS-only or at least implausibly difficult.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Kennel posted:

Summoning Salt has done three other Mario Kart record progression videos. He seems to love that series.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

I almost threw hands with Caleb while wearing a pringles can costume, SGDQ was wild

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SeXReX posted:

I almost threw hands with Caleb while wearing a pringles can costume, SGDQ was wild

i thought caleb got banned from gdq events due to harassment or some poo poo, why was his sorry rear end even there

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i thought caleb got banned from gdq events due to harassment or some poo poo, why was his sorry rear end even there

for some limpdick reason it's just a "content ban" that keep him from being on stream?

He crashed the pringles after party and when I told him he wasn't welcome he got in my face for a moment and I wasn't sure what was about to happen. Thankfully my dominant T-pose scared him off and he went back to flirting with speed-groupies

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lame, he should be banned entirely because he sucks and is poo poo. transphobic shitheads have no place in a gdq event. or in a civlized society.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Former Human posted:

Summoning Salt has done three other Mario Kart record progression videos. He seems to love that series.

From the youtube comments:

Summoning Salt posted:

My apologies to people who are sick of seeing Mario Kart videos from my channel, but I really enjoy making them. They're pretty easy to work with since I already have a decent amount of knowledge on the series. I probably won't do another one for a while, but I just wanted to let you all know why you've seen so many in the last year or so.

This video was quite the project! I started it nearly 4 months ago, and it's really crazy how many people were able to help. I really appreciate all of you who did- you can see who they are in the intro of the video. The Mario Kart community is extremely helpful, and there's no way I'd have been able to make this without them. It was funny looking back at the start of this video in this last week I was finishing it up. The stuff from Super Mario Kart was finished all the way back in March/April, while Mario Kart 8 was just finished earlier today.

Thanks so much for watching and supporting me! I can't wait to make more videos, and can't believe how far this channel has come.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Turns out the trick to barrier skip this whole time was just a bunch of dry firing the bow and then it despawns
https://twitter.com/dragonbane0/status/1147128313493803009?s=19

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

SeXReX posted:

Turns out the trick to barrier skip this whole time was just a bunch of dry firing the bow and then it despawns
https://twitter.com/dragonbane0/status/1147128313493803009?s=19

Uh oh. That looks like it involves counting, the bane of speedrunners everywhere. (And it also looks like if you mess it up, the game would run out of memory and crash.)

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

SeXReX posted:

for some limpdick reason it's just a "content ban" that keep him from being on stream?

He crashed the pringles after party and when I told him he wasn't welcome he got in my face for a moment and I wasn't sure what was about to happen. Thankfully my dominant T-pose scared him off and he went back to flirting with speed-groupies

Very powerful but do you have a pastebin

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeXReX posted:

lmao at being any kind of banned from an event and you still show up

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Former Human posted:

New Summoning Salt

The History of Rainbow Road World Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuzUKT2Shn8

This was entirely worth it for the shoutout to Jon Bois.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The 7th Guest posted:

lol I just caught up on that

that was some weird poo poo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
did anyone ever spill why he got beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
wasn't fatbody the dude who got caught playing grabass at the hotel bar and got away with it?