Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Pretty funny how when you look into it Bernie’s a cop who fought busing and all his support is internet people who make the big show of hating both those things but there you are. I suspect that as far as this thread goes a Warren supporter will be far less disappointed with her presidency than a Bernie supporter will be with his.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Calibanibal posted:

Oh what % decrease in rent has Bernie committed to? Just curious

100% under full Marxist-Leninism

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

kidkissinger posted:

Wouldn't a 10% decrease over a decade not even come close to keeping up with inflation?

Look, she has a plan...

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

yronic heroism posted:

Actually plenty of housing regulation, for example single-family requirements, are terrible NIMBYism (racism).

I too think mortgage regulations and local zoning are problematic in controlling *checks notes* federal rent programs wait NO! AW, gently caress

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

Oh what % decrease in rent has Bernie committed to? Just curious

We're still on "2016, Part II," where we post polls and then write fiction on how Bernie is going to grab all the undecideds and absorb all the departing Biden support any moment now.

Speculative fiction on why everyone else running a campaign on the left is a liar is also getting popular.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Main Paineframe posted:

So Warren is promising to reduce rents by 10%. Sounds great.

Honestly, it doesn't even sound great.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

yronic heroism posted:

Pretty funny how when you look into it Bernie’s a cop who fought busing and all his support is internet people who make the big show of hating both those things but there you are. I suspect that as far as this thread goes a Warren supporter will be far less disappointed with her presidency than a Bernie supporter will be with his.

I think this is true.

Warren supporters aren't very ambitious and are probably eager to get back to brunch.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
It is my RIGHT. As an AMERICAN. To sleep four to a bedroom, as rents go up and up and up because the equilibrium value is asymptotic to whatever money is left after food, utilities, transit, debt and health care. We need to focus on what's important. This is about justice.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Bernie standom is literally a cult. These people would be disappointed with Christ Himself

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

MrFlibble posted:

I think this is true.

Warren supporters aren't very ambitious and are probably eager to get back to brunch.

Glad we can all agree about that and that Bernie is a cop.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

Bernie standom is literally a cult. These people would be disappointed with Christ Himself

Christ would be to the left of Bernie, op.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

yronic heroism posted:

yronic heroism posted:

Glad we can all agree about that and that Bernie is a cop.

Meltdown May has been over for a little more than a month by now, just FYI.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Majorian posted:

Christ would be to the left of Bernie, op.

Yeah he'd be one of the two thieves getting crucified next to Bernie

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernard Sanders would be the only loving cop in the state of Vermont lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Yeah he'd be one of the two thieves getting crucified next to Bernie

I dunno, the Son of Man's got some pretty good anti-imperialist credentials...better than Bernie, even.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sodomy Hussein posted:

We're still on "2016, Part II," where we post polls and then write fiction on how Bernie is going to grab all the undecideds and absorb all the departing Biden support any moment now.

Speculative fiction on why everyone else running a campaign on the left is a liar is also getting popular.

I know it's probably easier to believe that all arguments against your preferred candidate are crazy exaggerations, but that doesn't actually make it true. Anyone supporting Warren who discusses the topic should have to confront the fact that either 1. they're choosing someone with objectively inferior policies and history because her appearance and way of talking makes them feel more comfortable, or 2. that maybe they actually just ideologically disagree with the left.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

yronic heroism posted:

Where does she suggest it’s just ten percent reduction in the rate of growth?

Ten percent frees up a ton of income. Based on what people are spending on rent currently that’s close to a 5 percent boost to disposable income from housing policy alone.

drat I got an extra eighty bucks in my pocket guess all my problems are solved now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Calibanibal posted:

Jesus Christ, who isnt even a Christian,

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

drat I got an extra eighty bucks in my pocket guess all my problems are solved now

To be precise, you'll get those extra eighty bucks in ten years. Now isn't that grand?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah go buy a sandwich with the 8 extra bucks you have and thank liz for the bounty

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is Warren any better than Sanders on immigration?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1147258381427707905

Look at this close talking creep.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Jesus Christ, who isnt even a Christian,

Imagine the antisemitic tropes he'd be getting from the DNC stans...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cerebral Bore posted:

To be precise, you'll get those extra eighty bucks in ten years. Now isn't that grand?

The thing about saying ten percent reduction and an extra five percent in your pocket and so on is they sound great until you look at what those numbers mean and you realize that people still have loving jackshit and are still starving because when you're making 7.25 an hour an extra five percent is loving nothing

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I can't, it looks like they deleted it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Harris sucks because she keeps backtracking and Trump is gonna make a fool of her if she does that in the general, she will.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Sorry your parents charge you 800 bucks of rent a year.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Meltdown May has been over for a little more than a month by now, just FYI.

I have bad news about this thread and D&D in general. Only grognards still post in this dumb dead edition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I know it's probably easier to believe that all arguments against your preferred candidate are crazy exaggerations, but that doesn't actually make it true. Anyone supporting Warren who discusses the topic should have to confront the fact that either 1. they're choosing someone with objectively inferior policies and history because her appearance and way of talking makes them feel more comfortable, or 2. that maybe they actually just ideologically disagree with the left.

TIL the left is an anime cat girl monolith.

Nonsense posted:

Bernard Sanders would be the only loving cop in the state of Vermont lmao

Discussed yesterday, but yeah he was that cop’s boss and literally had hippies arrested.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 5, 2019

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The thing about saying ten percent reduction and an extra five percent in your pocket and so on is they sound great until you look at what those numbers mean and you realize that people still have loving jackshit and are still starving because when you're making 7.25 an hour an extra five percent is loving nothing

Geez it was really foolish of Warren to just have this one policy. I mean, come on, Liz, ever heard of minimim wage? Why not do something with that? These candidates, boy I tell ya.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

yronic heroism posted:

Bernie and busing. Got a link?

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Personally, I’ve always been against “busing”. I mean, am I the only one who thinks there should be another “s”???

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Bernie and busing. Got a link?

Majorian’s link earlier. Bernie said busing was bad in 1974 when it was, y’know, a live issue. But now he’s open to a conversation about it so it’ll definitely happen.

Mellow Seas posted:

Geez it was really foolish of Warren to just have this one policy. I mean, come on, Liz, ever heard of minimim wage? Why not do something with that? These candidates, boy I tell ya.

I’ve heard of pacifism, but IMO p ridiculous that her housing plan doesn’t include a nickel for even a basic self defense force to deter any fash landing on the eastern seaboard.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I get SO MANY Harris fundraising emails. I have no idea how the gently caress I ended up on her list.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

yronic heroism posted:

Majorian’s link earlier. Bernie said busing was bad in 1974 when it was, y’know, a live issue. But now he’s open to a conversation about it so it’ll definitely happen.

I didn't see that in the article.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Nonsense posted:

Harris sucks because she keeps backtracking and Trump is gonna make a fool of her if she does that in the general, she will.

She won’t have to walk anything back because she will stop making progressive declarations as soon as the nomination is secured. I honestly think her campaign will basically turn into Biden’s at that point where she just runs on “restoring sanity/morality to Washington” or whatever.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I can't believe Harris is walking back the bus thing after she won so hard on it. :psyduck: What kind of mealy mouthed poo poo is that? "Bussing was great when Biden didn't want it, but now it's not necessary, because that would mean me taking a stance for something that helped me as a child."

gently caress off.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

I didn't see that in the article.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1144742481097043968

quote:

The government ‘‘sometimes does bad in the guise of good things.” According to Sanders, in the long run, busing, as a means toward quality education for all school children, creates racial hostility where it did not previously exist. ‘‘The government doesn’t give a poo poo about black people,” he said.
Bussing is just treating the symptom instead of curing the disease which is that schools in heavy minority areas are under funded due to the link to property value.

Bernie's Thurgood Marshall plan take steps into removing the need for bussing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mistaya posted:

I can't believe Harris is walking back the bus thing after she won so hard on it. :psyduck: What kind of mealy mouthed poo poo is that? "Bussing was great when Biden didn't want it, but now it's not necessary, because that would mean me taking a stance for something that helped me as a child."

gently caress off.

She's blatantly running a policy free campaign based on her personality. Voters fall for that poo poo all the time.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

“It creates racial animosity and there are other ways I prefer to pursue desegregation” was literally Biden’s stated position so so I’m still waiting for the field to actually differentiate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

It’s very good and reasonable that suddenly “well it was a long time ago and now he’s open to changing his mind” is an acceptable excuse when it comes from Son Bernie.