Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Anna does the old school 4chan thing where sometimes it is hard to tell if she is serious or just trying to be an edgy contrarian. we all know how that worked out for 4chan in the end.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” - Kurt Cobain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

anna is a white supremacist, ironically. which is the same as being an actual white supremacist

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

i feel like there's some mega-irony poisoned trolling i'm not getting with that comment because how the hell can someone claim this isn't a white supremacist country.

The goblin isn't big on coherent.Big sweeping statements always. If you were being generous. I suppose you could say that its capitalist and those people care about numbers not categories and to the extent race exists to the capitalists its a marketing demographic. Theoretically that's not entirely off point at an incredibly macro level but its very ahistorical and doesn't recognise how race has been a tool.

I have zero issue with anything Amber said. The hysterectomy stuff was odd but considering the other weird rear end poo poo the very wealthy and their kids get into who knows. I don't care. The economy should allow you to have your basic normie life if that's what you want or your gender queer polycule if that's how you want to go.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Is this a cumtown bit?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Anne is a cop who got into the dirt bag left by having drugs and money. The easiest infiltration since the police had to infiltrate white supremacists organisations they founded.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

Is this a cumtown bit?

Retarded leftist podcaster

Serf
May 5, 2011

amber generally has good takes, and these are some bad takes. she should stop hanging around with brain-damaged racists tho

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Gonzo McFee posted:

Anne is a cop who got into the dirt bag left by having drugs and money. The easiest infiltration since the police had to infiltrate white supremacists organisations they founded.

I'm guessing Amber will be friends with anyone who'll share their cocaine with her.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

uber_stoat posted:

I'm guessing Amber will be friends with anyone who'll share their cocaine with her.

I mean, whomst among us

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Serf posted:

anna is a white supremacist, ironically. which is the same as being an actual white supremacist

but Russians aren't white??

(she unironically believes this, and 100 Reichsmarks if you can guess which group historically popularized the idea Slavs are excluded from the white umbrella)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Autism Sneaks posted:

(she unironically believes this, and 100 Reichsmarks if you can guess which group historically popularized the idea Slavs are excluded from the white umbrella)

i remember hearing this argument a few years ago, and its like, in america she's loving white. maybe in europe that sorta hair-splitting flies but over here she's a white person. i know she unironically believes it and i know lots of europeans who believe it too and idgaf because this is america

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah but being ironically racist against ethnic whites is unquestionably my favorite joke

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If only there'd been some prior sign of Anna's far-right beliefs

... ah, I've been informed that 'anytime she says anything like that she was joking'

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

Yeah but being ironically racist against ethnic whites is unquestionably my favorite joke

we all know italian jokes are the best, this is not in question

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Anna and Amber are the real Red-Brown Alliance

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
how hard is it to focus on our true enemy, the Irish?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

Well with her last name she would never be able to pass as one back in Russia

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I tried to read that Spiker article and had to stop. Not very well written IMO!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
this is what happens when you never leave academia

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

amber's right that telling people off all the time is a proven electoral loser, and that the wokescolds of twitter are extremely disconnected from objective reality, but anna is a crank and nobody should listen to her.

it is funny to see guys from fyad who spent 15 years saying the n-word online (and then 4 years making money apologising for saying the n-word online) crawl out of the woodwork to have embarrassing takes about this tho.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
feel like this take is making me reactionary in that i want the war on drugs to intensify solely so that Anna and Amber can't get coke anymore.

but i dunno, maybe if it just gets legalized, they'll stop doing it because it's not cool anymore or do too much and die

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

multijoe posted:

If only there'd been some prior sign of Anna's far-right beliefs

... ah, I've been informed that 'anytime she says anything like that she was joking'

what the gently caress is wrong with your brain

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
anna is bad but amber is good

Serf
May 5, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

amber's right that telling people off all the time is a proven electoral loser, and that the wokescolds of twitter are extremely disconnected from objective reality, but anna is a crank and nobody should listen to her.

it is funny to see guys from fyad who spent 15 years saying the n-word online (and then 4 years making money apologising for saying the n-word online) crawl out of the woodwork to have embarrassing takes about this tho.

its like, you gotta meet people halfway. just because they're unwoke doesn't mean you can't remain woke and still organize with them. if their point was "don't berate your possible allies and instead work with them and find common cause" then they'd have something

but american society is pretty successfully atomized to the point where dumbshits like anna never have to interact with unwoke working class people and instead just assume that we're all knuckle-dragging cro magnons who could never change. and amber should really just know better but is too addicted to pissing off the libs

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

prefect posted:

:cawg:

Has he been unbanned yet?

yes, months ago

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Serf posted:

its like, you gotta meet people halfway. just because they're unwoke doesn't mean you can't remain woke and still organize with them. if their point was "don't berate your possible allies and instead work with them and find common cause" then they'd have something

but american society is pretty successfully atomized to the point where dumbshits like anna never have to interact with unwoke working class people and instead just assume that we're all knuckle-dragging cro magnons who could never change. and amber should really just know better but is too addicted to pissing off the libs

pissing off the libs DOES rule. but im with you. theres got to be a middle ground between 'so woke you believe in cultural apartheid' and 'believing in regular apartheid'.

cocaine is the worst loving drug though. it makes people super loving annoying and its so short lived theyre constantly doing it, and its wildly overpriced for what it is

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This was a good history episode and it's a shame that kind of history isn't taught in schools. Matt's good at history teaching.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOXxX5_wAA

(Heard on I think the most recent episode of Blocked Party, which is a solid recommend to the many people who say they wanted to like YKS but didn't; similar idea, friendlier vibe.)

Serf
May 5, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

pissing off the libs DOES rule. but im with you. theres got to be a middle ground between 'so woke you believe in cultural apartheid' and 'believing in regular apartheid'.

cocaine is the worst loving drug though. it makes people super loving annoying and its so short lived theyre constantly doing it, and its wildly overpriced for what it is

its basically like, working people can say and believe dumb poo poo, but the way to get over that isn't to like get mad or yell at them or stay quiet. you gotta confront that poo poo, but not in like a "you're a bad person" way but more "you said some bad poo poo, and here's why" way. you don't want to lecture people, you have to empathize with them. firm but understanding, because the issue with most people is that they just don't know poo poo, but at some point or another we all didn't know poo poo

you can't just accept their ignorance, but there's ways to ease them into wokeness

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

net work error posted:

This was a good history episode and it's a shame that kind of history isn't taught in schools. Matt's good at history teaching.

Is this a premium CTH ep?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

big boi posted:

Is this a premium CTH ep?

Yes, it’s another Inebriated Past.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Guyovich has always been right about Amber

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

net work error posted:

This sort of history is taught in colleges, you just have to go beyond the big surveys which are by their nature pretty bland and do upper level courses.

Edit: Also, fwiw they are it is very difficult to do something like the “inebriated past” episodes in actual class form. Students have to be able to understand historical context and larger historical issues, as well as be able to do some form of information synthesis and all of that is wildly beyond the knowledge and ability of your average freshman, and honestly most undergraduates in general.

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 6, 2019

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
hell yeah

https://twitter.com/AgeofNapoleon/status/1147281367606222849

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

fatherboxx posted:

Middle class men keep removing their lower ribs only to get better at self sucking. WHy is no one talking about this?!
Amber has been Rod Dreher's puppetmaster all along.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1123826850726338560?s=19

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

This sort of history is taught in colleges, you just have to go beyond the big surveys which are by their nature pretty bland and do upper level courses.

Edit: Also, fwiw they are it is very difficult to do something like the “inebriated past” episodes in actual class form. Students have to be able to understand historical context and larger historical issues, as well as be able to do some form of information synthesis and all of that is wildly beyond the knowledge and ability of your average freshman, and honestly most undergraduates in general.

The most US history I took was in high school so I get what you mean about it being beyond the scope of most classes.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

net work error posted:

The most US history I took was in high school so I get what you mean about it being beyond the scope of most classes.

High school history is pretty bad for a variety of reasons and could stand to be improved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Guyovich has [...] been right [...]

:nono: