Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Just submitted a last-minute/barely too late jam level:

Shove Off Spine Tops!
DS8-GXK-98G

In which Mario tells spine tops to shove off by shoving them off with off switches that refuse to stay off. True Doom Speedyheads can go faster by trying the bouncy pacifist route.

Big Mad Drongo fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Bowser's Boiling Box Storage

I made a much more standard level than my usual autoscrollers (though I couldn't help myself, the second half of the stage is an autoscroller but hopefully I made it as easy as I could)

I loved this level. Spoilering in case people want to be surprised: I ran into the interaction between crates and clear pipes by mistake and used it in my first level, but I never would have thought to pair it up with conveyors. Great stuff!

For all that the 3D World set is limited, I feel like I'm having the most fun with it at the moment.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

DalaranJ posted:

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1147302463755698182

Okay, let's talk Blitz rules. I have no idea what the best Blitz rules are going to be so they'll probably be different every single time. Pay attention. Then if you think this week's rules are dumb complain about what you didn't like so I can change it next week.

Here are the rules that will stay the same:
You have 24 hours to make a Blitz course from when I first post the rules for the Blitz. This should give a chance for everyone in the world to participate.
When you start upload your course in 30 minutes or less (this is really, really fast BTW), or in an hour or less (this is more like it), or in two hours or less (if you're a real perfectionist like me)

Blitz 1 rules
The theme object is: Ice blocks
The other allowed objects are,
Blocks: Pipes, Mushroom Platforms
Powerups: Coins, Super Mushroom, Unique Powerup (Mega Mushroom/Racoon Leaf/Cape Feather/Propeller Mushroom/Cat Bell)
Enemies: Chain Chomp, Fish Bone, Bowser Jr., Monty Mole
Gizmos: Doors, Snake Blocks

You cannot use any other items. (There are exactly twelve of them so go ahead and pin them all to your top bar before starting.)

Made a level for the blitz!

A Crisp Mole Hole: SGX-6HB-55G

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, let's talk Blitz rules. I have no idea what the best Blitz rules are going to be so they'll probably be different every single time. Pay attention. Then if you think this week's rules are dumb complain about what you didn't like so I can change it next week.

You have 24 hours to make a Blitz course from when I first post the rules for the Blitz. This should give a chance for everyone in the world to participate.
When you start upload your course in 30 minutes or less (this is really, really fast BTW), or in an hour or less (this is more like it), or in two hours or less (if you're a real perfectionist like me)

Blitz 1 rules
Powerups: Coins, Super Mushroom, Unique Powerup (Mega Mushroom/Racoon Leaf/Cape Feather/Propeller Mushroom/Cat Bell)

You cannot use any other items. (There are exactly twelve of them so go ahead and pin them all to your top bar before starting.)

Before I start making this, can I still use ground or is that also verboten?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I decided to start by making SMB3-inspired levels, since those are pretty short and there are plenty of levels with clever gimmicks already. This is supposed to be a World 1 level, suitable for any skill level.

SMB3 Revival: Block Crossing 8GX-8RK-98G

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DalaranJ posted:

Blitz 1 rules

Is the "ground" allowed or only mushroom platforms?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Here is my blitz course made in 30 mins...

Blitz 1!
sa blitz ice age
JVB-KP3-31H

Good luck, have fun!

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I remade the only SMM1 course I remember being proud of.

https://twitter.com/pkfortis/status/1147317579297349637

Bloopers and airships, what's not to like?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Made another more "classic" Mario level. Low-medium difficulty, this one's wall jumping based with some mild platforming and enemy challenge, under the premise of climbing a mountain. Let me know what you think!

Wall Jumps Will Work
X6Y-53H-QKG

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Before I start making this, can I still use ground or is that also verboten?

The Lobster posted:

Is the "ground" allowed or only mushroom platforms?

Ground is not allowed.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Someone please play this level I made. Having no plays on it is making me sad.

3AM Poizon: 02N VP9 TPF

Edit: code fix

40-Degree Day fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 6, 2019

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

40-Degree Day posted:

3AM Poizon: 02Z VP9 TPF

Uhh, Z can't be part of the code

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

40-Degree Day posted:

3AM Poizon: 02Z VP9 TPF

Well I would but that code doesn't work, so I can't! :(

e: The one you fixed it to isn't working for me, either.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 6, 2019

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

someone awful. posted:

Well I would but that code doesn't work, so I can't! :(

I fixed it. My bad. Thanks for telling me!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Doomykins posted:

Hey DalaranJ I'm not very bright and didn't see that there's a separate submission on the RAOM site itself, can I get this p-switch themed stage in on the Jam tweets?

P!-Pipe Panic!!
4B1-50P-84G

A map for the other switch type! Pay attention to coins!!

I tweeted it. Great level!

40-Degree Day posted:

I fixed it. My bad. Thanks for telling me!

Add it to the spreadsheet.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Anyone know if any course designers of the actual Mario games made courses for SMM2 online or included in the game? It would be really cool to see SMB1 style courses by the actual creators of courses from that game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alright, I made a Blitz level...I assume the point is to make it quick? Made it in 20 minutes or so.

Ice Age 8
V3N-R4Y-7WG

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I made a sequel to my previous level.

See if you can rescue Yoshi from Bowser's clutches in:

Mario's Great Escape 2: Rescue

4X4-VSC-W2G

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Had to get the SMB3 out of my system before I sunk my teeth into more resources, just uploaded The Power of Flight, a level centered around the Super Leaf and with multiple ways through.

Q3T-CM4-RYF

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Here is my Blitz: QRY-L06-8SF

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Made my blitz level

https://twitter.com/JunpeiHyde/status/1147329578110599168

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Doomykins posted:

Da Dip (93B-QW5-BNG) by Overbite: This should be a technically sound and good hard stage. But I hate playing it, probably because there's so many imprecise things to deal with here. Porcupuffer, creeper hitboxes, waiting for the first creeper to gently caress off and let me pass after a successful hit, sometimes he doesn't, a long imprecise vertical climbing section with blinky blocks where each failure resets my progress. I actually gave this one a pass after the first creeper reset four times in a row on a fresh attempt from the start. That's probably the 3D world tileset's fault but I'd hope it'd come up in testing and be corrected.

Thanks for the feedback. out of all my levels this is the one that has the least amount of clears and I wanted to know why so I'm glad you took the time to review it. As for the creepers resetting I've never had that happen in all the testing I did. Though when I tested it I never hit any of the creepers, there's no need to so that's probably why I never saw it. Maybe it would be better without the creepers?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, while I continue with my SMB2 (USA) remake attempt, I'm learning that doors don't work between your level and sub level?! What the hell is that nonsense about?

This version of 1-1 is going to be... something, and it'll likely be the only one like that that I do, which is probably for the best. After this, I'll probably just make an original level.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Blitz level thought process:

No checkpoint, needs to be short. But no checkpoint means conditions will work for player control.

Night snow theme is the obvious choice since it interacts with the ice blocks well. Fish points to using water theme as well so there's the concept, navigating an iceberg.

Kind of wish I could use some fireballs and rails for a really cool ending with Mario flying into the "aurora", but c'est la vie.

Five short segments: start to get on the iceberg, down underwater to get inside the berg, confrontation inside the berg, underwater to get out again, fly away to the shore. 3 screens, 2 screens, 2 screens, 2 screens, very easy 4-5 screen flight.

The snake block is the best part that nobody is using well yet.

Okay, now that the fight is over I don't want to put too much pressure on the player... holy poo poo that I idea I just had is too good not to use.

Ran out of iceblocks with 8 more to go.

gently caress, iceblocks and coins count toward the same limit.

And uploaded at 58 minutes.

Iceberg Infestation
QY0-N9Q-3SG

The observant player can do a trick to beat the boss without too much risk which was intentionally done because it could have been especially brutal. I feel like I should have been more aggressive with the skelefish launches except in one special encounter, but I think it works okay. The only part I did not use was the doors.

Wish I had time to add sound effects.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Good Sphere posted:

Anyone know if any course designers of the actual Mario games made courses for SMM2 online or included in the game? It would be really cool to see SMB1 style courses by the actual creators of courses from that game.

Yes, the entirety of story mode

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Random Stranger posted:

Iceberg Infestation
QY0-N9Q-3SG

The observant player can do a trick to beat the boss without too much risk which was intentionally done because it could have been especially brutal. I feel like I should have been more aggressive with the skelefish launches except in one special encounter, but I think it works okay. The only part I did not use was the doors.

Wish I had time to add sound effects.
Really enjoyed this!

I haven't been playing a ton of Goon levels, but what you did with the snake blocks was really innovative to me. I've never thought or seen them used as temporary one way doors. I definitely wanna try more boss battles on platforms like that. The cape bit at the end was also cute.

Might start working on a Blitz level, in the meantime here's a level I made to plunk around with On/Off Switches
On/Off Oasis
V34-H83-RBG
This shooould be a pretty chill, normal style level, but the sub-world might be a bit too obtuse? Not sure.

Checkpoints can kinda goof some stuff, but I feel like the alleviated frustration is worth having to work around it and put in some "debug" On/Off switches

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Spectral wolf I swear your Desert Rush level is making me pull my hair out. I can’t get to the second beetle shell part no matter how hard I try

You are killing me here

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Iceberg Infestation
QY0-N9Q-3SG

This was a pretty fun level that I died to way more than I probably should have, including one really facepalm-worthy time in the second half because I didn't realize, or wait for, the pipe to spit out a cape and just blind faith kamikaze jumped into the abyss :kiddo:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mildstar: Defenstrategy

It was an okay level. The skull platform kind of doesn't play super nice with the mechanic though. Also you had a platform in the third section that you didn't bring the trunk or stalk or whatever all the way down to the edge of the screen so it's floating in empty space so I have to dock you style points. My favorite part was the chainsaw gauntlet on the skulls. 3/5

Ski Life Shutdown: Phantasium

Fun, quick level. I will say I broke your level immedietly because I ran up the first slope, and was distracted by Mario's silly running animation so I ran back down and did it again. When I went back up the platform that is supposed to carry you had come and gone and it never came back. This should probably have had the blue platform instead of the standard one so that it moved only when Mario stands on it. The end gauntlet was cool though it's kind of hard to tell that the Thwomps will take care of most of those. 4/5

Toxic Friendship: This IsACoolGuy

I didn't finish this one. This level A) desperatly needed a checkpoint and B) there was one spot where you can straight up destroy the mushroom and have to start the course over. Neither of these would be an issue with a normal stage but there's so much waiting for the mushroom it makes it tedious to have to start over. I know you wanted a single mushroom friend to follow you but it would've been better to have a second mushroom for the second half of the level so a checkpoint could happen. 2/5

Jungle Jinks: The Lobster

Fun level! The way you set the screens up made it feel like I was playing an actual classic NES game. You also decorated the level which is a plus for me. I can't give a full 5/5 though cause uh... there wasn't a switch to be found. ??? 4/5

Retro Switch Medley: jivjov

Cute level. I liked the upside down 1-2. I found the shortcut instantly so I didn't see the rest of the level. Minimal use of switches though! Maybe there's more in the rest of the normal level but I found the secret exit and my hands are tied. 3/5

Menacing Magikoopas from Mars: Suspicious_Cook

Loved the production quality with this. Clever use of objects to make the look you were going for. The interior of the UFO was properly spooky though probably could've benefited from less pits considering the small view distance. I had some close calls the second time after I had collected all the coins. The big fire gauntlet before the final boss can be cheesed if you're full size Mario by just letting yourself get hit and then standing there as they all fly past you and then you can safetly and slowly do the level at your own pace while the fire wall runs on ahead. 4/5

Thwack-a-Thwomp: Flint_Paper

Short, sweet. More waiting around than I'd like, and the last Thwomp is cruel but overall good. 4/5

OrbHurler: Plebian Parasite

Cute fun level. I have learned the legend of the orb hurler. I also hurled my body off the side at one point because I thought I had found a secret when jumping over the wall on the left most side room. Turns out... that's for the other pipe, the wall just wasn't high enough. Hurling the orb is very satisfying. 5/5.

Switching It Up, Mario Style

Decent solid level. NSMBU theme so I can't give you style points. I did love the secret rooms however, that was quite fun 4/5

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

J-Spot posted:

You nailed the difficulty you were going for. Good job on this one!

Avirosb posted:

Very nice level. Very forgiving. I downloaded it for what that's worth.

Doomykins posted:

Infiltrate Bowser's Airship (H0T-H7J-XSG) by DorianGravy: Pretty good! Wouldn't be out of place in SMB3 itself.

Aw, thanks, you all.

Some levels from randomactsofmario.com:

#491 The Fall and Rise of Super Mario (XN8-WR4-CMF), by Lastdancer
Lots of stuff happening in this level. It made me laugh, but it's a bit too hard for me. I liked the "story" elements, even though it's all kind of bizarre and frightening, like something out of David Lynch. The title implies that it has a happy ending, at least, so that's good. I gave it a few lives, but didn't get past the room at the bottom of the pit. Still, I like when people tell stories with this game.

#354 Arcade Antics (32F-RCJ-DLF), by Random Stranger
Super clever level. Folks, if you want to try this level, go try it before reading below, so I don't spoil the games for you. Mini review of each game:
- Grabber: Great idea and execution.
- Trampoline(?): Probably the weakest of the games, and I cheesed it a little by just jumping across the springs.
- Pinball: Really clever, although the bottom bouncers hit me into the hole a couple times. In general, I don't like bouncers, but they worked well here.
- Shooting gallery: This was fun. It took me a moment to figure out that I was supposed to go up. Despite seeing the arrows pointing up, I thought they were just telling me where to shoot. Still, it was fun to climb after taking out a lot of the enemies.
- Snake/Tron: After getting so far, I panicked a little on this level, because I wasn't sure which snake I should be on. I wound up on the faster one, and I think I fell directly into one of your squashing traps, but I managed to get to a safe spot before it killed me completely. Nice trap/escape design there!
- Pac-man: A well-done game. I had to rush since I wasted so much time on the shooting gallery.

All in all, a lot of fun, and really clever. It's amazing just how flexible the Mario Maker tools are, and it's also amazing the amount of creativity people show in putting levels like this together. Nice work!

#144 Mtn. Don't (TR8-86R-RKG), by Hansolio
Really difficult levels like this normally aren't my cup of tea, but this one seemed really well designed, and I enjoyed that it ended before it got too absurdly hard. I like that some of the challenges initially look impossible (to me, a casual Mario player), but after a little practice they can be reliably beaten. Question: For the row of piranha plants, was I supposed to spin-bounce on that spiny shell? I eventually found out that I could wear the shell as a hat and I just damage-ran across it. Also, if you see a death just before that piranha plant section, in a place with no danger whatsoever, yup, that was me. I was trying to figure out how to get across the piranha plants and decided to bring the spiny shell from the very first room with me, and then it woke up while I was standing there thinking. So, in a level with loads of danger, I died where there were no threats at all. Also, that very last spiny got my heart to race, because it was very close to me and I was already in sight of the goal. It would have been brutal to lose there.

#262 Swamp Romp (HJM-X7F-HNF), by Greader
Challenging but fair. I think I like challenging levels best when they are short, like this one. Still, the level seemed just a tad sloppy. Some more deliberate construction of the challenges and design could go a long way. If the level is supposed to be a swamp, I'd like to see more swampy elements, like vines and piranha plants. Keep at it!

#297 The Treasure of Toggle Tower (YMW-C4X-9BG), by Snake Maze
Cool level. I wanted to make an alternating block level like this as well, and I think you did a great job with it. The long jump between two red platforms (the one with the curvy trail of coins) in one of the last rooms gave me a bit of stress, but thankfully I made it my first try (barely). I didn't realize that big shells could break those wooden blocks (unless those were just normal blocks and I didn't notice), so this level taught me something. The final descent with the guitar riff was fun.

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 6, 2019

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
30 Min Blitz

Fritzi Blitz: Defeat Sluggo!
6T4-F10-T6G

Ended up way harder than I was expecting, so it was more of a 30 min Blitz +2 minutes to add some more powerups. But I maintained my artistic vision and that's whats important.

e: Also, set your character as Toadette for the authentic experience, tyvm.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 6, 2019

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Macaluso posted:

Yes, the entirety of story mode

Huh really? I recall seeing user names for each course, which I assumed were some of the best Super Mario Maker 1 course makers.

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

You're overcome by an indescribably odd sensation...!
Ending up running through all of your levels, here's a mini-review of each:

Airship panic
A bit barren on coins but was nice to look at and flowed well. It got compliments for looks/design from a spectator too!

Lakeside frenzy
A bit bare, was expecting some sort of prize on the semi solid platforms. Felt a bit short.

Mario Classic
Small and quick. No complaints.

Tiny trouble
A bit short? Definitely feels like it accomplished what you set out to do though.

Jungle jinx
Didn’t really feel... jungle-like. I got more of a cave vibe from it. The back-and-forth jumps were a bit awkward because they are running jump height but there’s not a whole lot of room. I think it would’ve flowed better if they were a block shorter. That didn't stop me from enjoying it though.

Pirate’s cove
Solid idea for a 100 coin level, despite the water. I enjoyed planning out a 100 coin route.

Perilous pipes
I thought this level was way harder than it should’ve been. I kept trying to go left from the checkpoint which brought me right back to the beginning. Whoops. The small see-saws were interesting, took me a while to figure out why the goombas were a threat.

Desert Daring
Still haven’t played any multiplayer versus (except to see how it works). I’m not convinced this would make a very good versus level because I can see everyone dying too much and having to restart. Honestly I have no idea what makes a good versus level, that's just my gut feel.

Subterranean terror
Platforms were a bit slow since I always Gotta Go Fast. The pieces didn't really feel like they came together as a whole.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Time to play some blitz levels! Also, going to make ice puns like I'm Arnold. After all, it's tough not to freeze up when you have to design a level in such a short period.

Heavy Sigh posted:

Made a level for the blitz!

A Crisp Mole Hole: SGX-6HB-55G

A good start, but kind of barren and chilly (which is always going to be a challenge when it comes to making something in such a short period). The BowJr. fight at the end was cramped and better to run past. FWIW, the mushroom behind him immediately goes off-screen since it's on the very edge.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Here is my blitz course made in 30 mins...

Blitz 1!
sa blitz ice age
JVB-KP3-31H

Good luck, have fun!

Scaling the block mountain was cool. Your fish were exploding the moment they appeared on screen.

Kirios posted:

Alright, I made a Blitz level...I assume the point is to make it quick? Made it in 20 minutes or so.

Ice Age 8
V3N-R4Y-7WG

I iced this speed run pretty fast. A quick level for a quick construction is a pretty good idea.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Here is my Blitz: QRY-L06-8SF

Using a default five length snake block usually leaves me frosty, but you did something with them other than having the player walk on them as a platform and that was good. I did have a problem with BoJu wandering off and making me uncertain how to get that last chomp.

What killed this stage? THE ICE AGE!

I don't have a whole lot to say, so I just wanted to use that one while I was at this.

dudeness posted:

30 Min Blitz

Fritzi Blitz: Defeat Sluggo!
6T4-F10-T6G

Ended up way harder than I was expecting, so it was more of a 30 min Blitz +2 minutes to add some more powerups. But I maintained my artistic vision and that's whats important.

e: Also, set your character as Toadette for the authentic experience, tyvm.

This level left me cold. Bowser Jr.'s movement are very erratic and aggressive enemies are constantly being dropped from above in the first room and there's no maneuvering space in the second.

That's the blitz levels so far. Now chill out.

DorianGravy posted:

#354 Arcade Antics (32F-RCJ-DLF), by Random Stranger
- Trampoline(?): Probably the weakest of the games, and I cheesed it a little by just jumping across the springs.

It's supposed to be skee-ball but I couldn't work out a good implementation. It had to stay in rather than getting cut because I needed a subworld link and I had to have some kind of game there.

FWIW, the Tron section is intentionally set up so players can just jump off and watch the tortoise beat the hare.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Do clear pipes count as pipes for the Blitz level

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DalaranJ posted:

Blitz 1 rules

DNL-LRH-YKF - Guard Doggos

Done in 15 minutes so I still have time left on the Blitz clock - what input do y'all goons have?

Macaluso posted:

Jungle Jinks: The Lobster

Fun level! The way you set the screens up made it feel like I was playing an actual classic NES game. You also decorated the level which is a plus for me. I can't give a full 5/5 though cause uh... there wasn't a switch to be found. ??? 4/5

It relates to the Jam because I think you should try the Switch console itself. I made that level in ten hour car ride whenever I wasn't driving. The Switch is a cool console and I love it. I know that's really esoteric and stretching the definition of the Jam, but so be it. :colbert:

Really appreciated all of your reviews! It made my night! :3:

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 6, 2019

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I wanted to do something with the bumper rings and the SMB3 pipe forest theme, and the result is Pipe Dream:

DLR-KM4-WSG

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Made a level I'm really interested in feedback on!

Keys of the Lilliput River: 80P-BQ4-B1G

Its a course where after the intro, you need 5 keys to progress. However there are 10 keys total hidden in the village, so you don't have to find every last one. Its meant to be a more mellow sort of experience, tracking downs keys in the jungle village and river below. I tried not to focus on making it difficult, so hopefully its accessible to most players.

Wondering if I pulled off this concept well or if it was just annoying.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Overbite posted:

Thanks for the feedback. out of all my levels this is the one that has the least amount of clears and I wanted to know why so I'm glad you took the time to review it. As for the creepers resetting I've never had that happen in all the testing I did. Though when I tested it I never hit any of the creepers, there's no need to so that's probably why I never saw it. Maybe it would be better without the creepers?

The very first creeper when you get out of the water, after the first cheep cheep and dodging the almost always off-target Porcupuffer. That first creeper would bend down and then to the left so I could jump on his head to clear the way and he'd retract but not enough. Then he waits 4 seconds before either retracting fully upwards or extending again to the left. I haven't used them in 3d world stage building so maybe I can understand how they work better later by fiddling with them.

The "ride an ant" section is a good idea but it's awkward for the player to hold jump to boost off them on the next bounce while timing that to blinky blocks. I fell like three times, thought "that's any hope of WR down the tubes" and Started Over just to run into the Creeper blocking me for 10+ seconds. When the first creeper works everything up to that checkpoint flag is good for a Normal/Expert stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I spent like three hours beating Carlsagan42's level it turns out I love kaizo