Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

frank argama looks and sounds like a macross antagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Agronox posted:

Oh good a new chapter of Bakarina. Feels like it's been forever.

I just read the chapter, and
what

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Don't buy anything Robotech ever

Also super angry at Tatsunoko for renewing

Edit: Heck the amazing thing about this is even if Harmony Gold wasn't being super assholes about preventing Macross from coming out in the west....they've still pretty much done piss all with Robotech. It's almost amazing how badly they have mismanged the property itself

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 6, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funfact, this also includes orguss

they will not do anything with orguss

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

funfact, this also includes orguss

they will not do anything with orguss

Nah they'll edit the OAV footage into a Robotech animated film at some point in 2030

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Edit: Heck the amazing thing about this is even if Harmony Gold wasn't being super assholes about preventing Macross from coming out in the west....they've still pretty much done piss all with Robotech. It's almost amazing how badly they have mismanged the property itself

hey

they tried to kickstart robotech academy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

tatsunoko basically holds macross in the same esteem as macross fans hold robotech anyway. they fell rear end backwards into becoming the rights holders of a show they barely had an interest in, and get gently caress all from it's sequels, so the most they've ever aspired to is rentseeking

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SatoshiMiwa posted:

This. Especially because Sony is trying to produce a Robotech Movie and make it into a "Harry Potter level-franchise". May the movie bomb and be a wake up call to these idiots. Nobody outside of 40+ year old turbo-nerds will even care about it, and a bunch of them have probably widened up to liking it because the internet is a thing and they have certainly learned about all the original properties that got cannibalized and screwed as a result of this.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sharkopath posted:

me when you try to ask me on a date

I'm curious as to what this is.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hero-san and Former General-san still really good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hero-san and Former General-san still really good

Yeah!

Unlike Harmony Gold who are very bad and need to go the gently caress away forever

iospace posted:

I'm curious as to what this is.

It's the same manga Sharky linked in the post before it

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/zalas3/status/1...D113%23lastpost

lmao, there will never be a us release of 7, frontier, or delta within our lifetimes

Wonder if this will have any effect on Macross titles appearing in the Asian-English SRW Releases

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
finally, a good one
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1147334832453816321

e: i can't make the top one stop showing up

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
can't believe Burrito wants a world of bottoms only

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah!

Unlike Harmony Gold who are very bad and need to go the gently caress away forever

It's the same manga Sharky linked in the post before it

Thanks

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
this one too
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1147335147441852416

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 6, 2019

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoubleDonut posted:

can't believe Burrito wants a world of bottoms only

believe it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Julias posted:

This. Especially because Sony is trying to produce a Robotech Movie and make it into a "Harry Potter level-franchise". May the movie bomb and be a wake up call to these idiots. Nobody outside of 40+ year old turbo-nerds will even care about it, and a bunch of them have probably widened up to liking it because the internet is a thing and they have certainly learned about all the original properties that got cannibalized and screwed as a result of this.

The movie isn't going to bomb, it's never going to be made. Like they're still acting like the dude who did the IT remake is attached to direct but there was a report three days ago that he's working on a Flash movie. It's so loving dead, and after Ghost in the Shell and Alita: Battle Angel bombed there's no way it's gonna be revived.

It sucks but sitting on a franchise like this and signing deals with movie studios is likely more profitable than actually licencing Macross. RIP

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

in a world full of bottoms the vers is exhausted

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

frank argama looks and sounds like a macross antagonist

https://twitter.com/AiddonValentine/status/1147338214358888449

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

an actual dog posted:

The movie isn't going to bomb, it's never going to be made. Like they're still acting like the dude who did the IT remake is attached to direct but there was a report three days ago that he's working on a Flash movie. It's so loving dead, and after Ghost in the Shell and Alita: Battle Angel bombed there's no way it's gonna be revived.

It sucks but sitting on a franchise like this and signing deals with movie studios is likely more profitable than actually licencing Macross. RIP

Both of those should have been on TV as mini-series or something.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

holy poo poo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Dunno what Macross was like because Robotech's "We can fight prejudice with song" seems like an antiwar theme (albeit very watered down).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FilthyImp posted:

Dunno what Macross was like because Robotech's "We can fight prejudice with song" seems like an antiwar theme (albeit very watered down).

robotech's adaptation of macross was mostly faithful except the end when they decided to throw in the robotech masters

the problem is that everything that has touched robotech as an ip is banned from ever being seen again overseas which includes every macross things since the original except plus

and also orguss can never be released again either because gently caress you

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:d2a:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1147343306046812160?s=21

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:bignews:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Macross' Antiwar was about how people could come together in peace through shared culture (idols) compared to Gundam's anti war of war just sucking and destroying you

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

Um, what the gently caress are you talking about? Reception to the new Alita was generally mixed-to-positive, with a budget of $170 million, earning $404.9 million in the box office, and is currently the eighth highest-grossing film of 2019. There are even plans for sequels to it https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hiptoro.com/p/alita-battle-angel-2-james-cameron-planning-a-trilogy/amp/

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also watch Dev tesla/an actual dog never address my callout post because he can't ever admit to being wrong about anything ever.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aquors so powerful they caused an Earthquake

Stay safe people in California/AX

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yeah I hollered to my roomie when I read that because i didn't think it bombed.

Also gently caress Harmony Gold so hard.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also I correctly guessed the magnitude on this one! It lasted a while.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im finally going to play a musou

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

im finally going to play a musou

3 was pretty well received

also hyrule warriors kicks rear end imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I heard Hyrule Warriors was great, I was just never interested enough to actually try it.

Now that I'm into one piece tho I probably will be

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fire emblem warriors played great but the roster sucked and the dlc was 50% clones

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

ITS BACK

ITS BACK

ITS BACK

ITS BACK

ITS BACK

ITS HERE
Didn't I see this exact imagery last year?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Pirate Warriors 3 is the second best musou game so I hope 4 is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I would personally say Hyrule Warriors is still the best thanks to the Switch port inspite of me preferring FE Warriors. Even compared to Pirate Warriors 3 HW just feels like a game that wasn't made with a small musou budget and actually has really solid production values behind it, and I don't know if PW4 will change that, though it should still be pretty up there with the best musou's as long as they don't screw anything up from 3.

Really though the real question at this announcement is where is FE Warriors 2? FEW had usual first tie in musou spin off issues with roster and a sequel could go such a long way at correcting that.