Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darkest Auer posted:

Won't someone think of the people committing genocide

Yea, all those kids clearly were running their own little Auschwitz there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
How about we huostaanotto The Kids and leave the ISIS brides there. Is there a more sure way to prove you are unfit to parent than joining a rape murder cult?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
How about we behave like a civilized nation and clean up our own poo poo?

Seriously, even if we assume that literally every single man, woman and child with Finnish citizenship down in the Middle East is some incorrigible ISIS fanatic, then all that you lot are saying is that we should dump our problem on somebody else, and that is extremely hosed on every level.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
IMO we should huostaanotto every poster in this thread

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Kaikki finpolin postaajat pitäis palkkaa supon eliittitrollitehtaaseen.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
True Finns had their party gathering this Saturday where they voted for the party leadership. The Master didn't get any challengers, but the rest were replaced due to them getting elected to the European parliament or other poo poo.

Party secretary is Simo Grönroos.
First and second vice chairwomen are Riikka Purra and Arja Juvonen.
Third vice chairman is Juho Eerola (due to party rules, leadership has an equal male quota, so it was either Juho or Sebastian Tynkkynen)

So what does it all mean? The women I don't know, but Juho Eerola and Simo Grönroos are longtime members of Suomen Sisu, that nationalistic think-tank where Halla-aho used to reside. Used to because he apparently left it at some point after the party coup. But does it matter if at least two members in the leadership are SS-troopers. The new party secretary doesn't seem to consider the youth organization's etnonationalistic tones that out of place in TF in general.

HS posted:

Puoluesihteeri Simo Grönroos ei kuitenkaan näe poliittista ongelmaa Ps-nuorten etnonationalistisessa linjassa.

”Se on huonosti brändätty [tuotteistettu] ja huonoa viestintää. Ei kai [itse linja] ole muuta kuin sitä linjaa, mitä puoluekin ajaa. Että maahanmuuttopolitiikan pitää palvella suomalaisten etua”, Grönroos sanoo.

Jussi Halla-aho kommentoi niin sanottua twiittikohua niin, että Ps-nuorissa on joitakin väärässä puolueessa olevia henkilöitä.

”No, täytyy varmaan puheenjohtajan kanssa keskustella ja tutkia asiaa”, Grönroos sanoo.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Cerebral Bore posted:

How about we behave like a civilized nation and clean up our own poo poo?

Seriously, even if we assume that literally every single man, woman and child with Finnish citizenship down in the Middle East is some incorrigible ISIS fanatic, then all that you lot are saying is that we should dump our problem on somebody else, and that is extremely hosed on every level.

se perinteinen sivistysvaltioiden keino on aika kallis mutta veikkan että kyllä suomi pystyy rahoittamaan erikoisjoukot niitä hoitamaan perinteisin konstein, eli luodit kalloon ja tiedot hommasta paperisilppuriin

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

bloom posted:

Kaikki finpolin postaajat pitäis palkkaa supon eliittitrollitehtaaseen.

For once a reasonable policy suggestion

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Triple A posted:

se perinteinen sivistysvaltioiden keino on aika kallis mutta veikkan että kyllä suomi pystyy rahoittamaan erikoisjoukot niitä hoitamaan perinteisin konstein, eli luodit kalloon ja tiedot hommasta paperisilppuriin

Tämä mutta :smaug:-viittaus Stella Polarikseen

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
noh, ainakin sivistysvaltion tietää siitä jos ne ovat sen verran kohteliaita että käyttää vaimentimia kivääreissä

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Happy 4th of July. Oh wait, wrong country.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Happy 4th of July. Oh wait, wrong country.

So, no change? Within the error margin?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oh god who cares about polls there are no loving elections coming up

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Maybe I'm just naive but a party that can jump from 10% to almost 20% in a few months can just as quickly come down hard

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Andrast posted:

oh god who cares about polls there are no loving elections coming up

We are almost certainly seeing a feedback loop where, if the press keeps releasing headlines positive for PS, of course their polls are gonna inch up. The same works in reverse for the parties that are going down. It works by both increasing response rate for PS voters and depressing it for others, and by flipping moving or undecided people from one column to another.

Some countries (I think France?) have or had bans on publishing polling results for these reasons, the problem is that in the internet age it's trivial to circumvent. Of course polls also serve a public interest right before an election in serving as a check against outright stealing an election, which granted in the Finnish context is not a concern, but from a systemic point of view it's a good thing to have.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jul 5, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
As the old adage goes, the main purpose of public polling isn't to measure the public opinion, but to influence it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Yeah, the polls are currently meaningless, since CP isn't going to have new leadership until September.

They do have some power over parties, in the sense CP is trying to save their previous policies like aktiivimalli from being scrapped, expressing that those "solo decisions" aren't what was agreed in government talks.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Letmebefrank posted:

So, no change? Within the error margin?

This is a common but wrong interpretation of what the error margin means. If the poll shows a change, no matter how small, it means it's more likely that the polled quantity has moved into that direction than the other.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Herman Merman posted:

This is a common but wrong interpretation of what the error margin means. If the poll shows a change, no matter how small, it means it's more likely that the polled quantity has moved into that direction than the other.

Then why do they call it error margin because that's not how it works literally anywhere else :confused:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Then why do they call it error margin because that's not how it works literally anywhere else :confused:

That's how error margins literally everywhere work. The values on the edges of the confidence interval are also way less likely.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 5, 2019

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Seems like with no clear leadership, and not constrained by running for party leader, Antti Kurvinen, leader of the Kepu MPs, has decided to take up the hatchetman's role.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CockPers withdrawals for some kepulaiset.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Considering statistical testing I'm pretty sure it's the sample margin of error for a single percentage, not the margin of error for the difference.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Meadowhill posted:

Considering statistical testing I'm pretty sure it's the sample margin of error for a single percentage, not the margin of error for the difference.

What? No, that's not how it works

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Meadowhill posted:

The margin is the region where, if other basic assumptions hold, it is 95% (or 90% depending on definitions) chance the real value sits. If the change is less than MoE, it can be completely explained by the random variation (sampling variation in this case). Of course statistical significance /s.s.) and significance are different, and this choice of s.s. limits are arbitrary. In strict sense, there is no reason here to suggest any s.s. change, regardless of news agency opinion.

Joining several studies together, and making a time series, would probably tell more. If the changes are slow each individual step is not s.s. but the combination of them is.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Letmebefrank posted:

The margin is the region where, if other basic assumptions hold, it is 95% (or 90% depending on definitions) chance the real value sits.
You were right up to this point. The margin of error is just the 95% confidence interval. This means that 5% of the time the real value is further than the margin of error away from the reported value, in either direction, and this too is normal random variation due to finite sampling.

If the change is greater than the margin of error, then one can say that the polled quantity has changed with (more than) 95% certainty, which is the common level required to claim "statistical significance".

Still, if the reported change is, say, only 50% of the margin of error, it's still more likely that the quantity has moved in that direction than the other.

quote:

Joining several studies together, and making a time series, would probably tell more. If the changes are slow each individual step is not s.s. but the combination of them is.

Right.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Pyydän että hetkeksi hiljentyisimme muistamaan yhteiskuntamme kaltoinkohdelluimpia jäseniä :(
https://www.aamulehti.fi/a/143d62ad-e0ba-4efa-b7bd-bd08c556867c

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Love Soini giving Kepu advice on retaining support while spending four years to help tank it. Extra funny that they haven't figured out how to sell out properly like real Cocks and Kepus.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Antti Rinne is so handsome he makes women near her tremble. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377Bl3EgZVo

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

so a bunch of nazis went on a kesäleiri and shot at pictures of Rinne, Andersson and Harakka

vitun daijut, olisivat ampuneet tyhjiä kaljapulloja

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

so a bunch of nazis went on a kesäleiri and shot at pictures of Rinne, Andersson and Harakka

vitun daijut, olisivat ampuneet tyhjiä kaljapulloja

Rottia kaatoipaikalla oli mun heinäkenkäsukulaisten lempiharrastus.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Political knowledge haver has logged in: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10866664

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

old whiny baby posted:

Suomessa koko puoluekenttä hokee sosialismiin perustuvaa pakotetun yhteisvastuun koodikieltä. Keskusta ja kokoomuskin ovat omaksuneet sosiaalietiikakseen kollektivistisen tulontasauksen ja avokätisen ihmisoikeusidealismin.

Yksilönvastuusta ja vapaudesta, ihmisyyden vaatimuksista, elintapapolitiikasta ja suorituskyvyn nostamisesta ei puhu juuri kukaan.

Yeah wow I have no idea why no one is talking about these meaningless buzzwords

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

Blue-brown alliance on the basis of white internationalism, huh? This could pass for satire of centrism.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Trogdos! posted:

Haven't seen such blatant classic liberalism in a while. Only thing missing is calling private property sacrosanct.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

It's kind of wild to be an academic sociologist and cultural historian yet end up as a right-wing nationalist.

"I have learned extensively about all the social problems our society has faced in the past and the history behind them, and I think they rule and should be perpetuated by political means."

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
the finns

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Sulphagnist posted:

It's kind of wild to be an academic sociologist and cultural historian yet end up as a right-wing nationalist.

"I have learned extensively about all the social problems our society has faced in the past and the history behind them, and I think they rule and should be perpetuated by political means."

The thought of belonging to an actual aristocracy and ruling over peons gets him hard

Pussy Noise
Aug 1, 2003

Sulphagnist posted:

Well to be fair he speaks out pretty strongly against nationalism.

quote:

Lopulta kysymys on siitä, mikä aate voi yhdistää sekä konservatiivisen että liberaalin ajattelun. Nähdäkseni se voi tällä vuosisadalla olla vain historiatietoinen westernismi tai positiivinen oksidentalismi (ihanteellinen länsimielisyys), jossa ylikansallisten länsimaisten arvojen puolustaminen on kaikkein tärkeintä. Mehän olemme ainoa kulttuuri joka on synnyttänyt yksilön vapauteen nojaavan kansanvallan. Jos me emme voita kamppailua ihmiskunnan arvojohtajuudesta, vapaus häviää.

Who knew that conservatism is a universal Western value though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Oops, my bad! I guess my brain couldn't process this concept of fascism without nationalism.

I mean it's still a kind of nationalism, but it's just broadening the concept of the "nation" to the even less tangible "western civilization", which doesn't actually encompass western civilization but hand-picked ideologically desired components from it.