Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

i was thinking galactus but he dies in the king thor timeline so i dunno how that shakes out

All futures are alternate timelines. There is no actual 616 future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
didnt know chocobos were in the marvel u

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheHan posted:

With the addition of Unmoisturized Bruce Banner what's the total number of Marvel characters that make it to the end of all things?

What do we define as "the end of all things"? Because in Thor, the universe is dying but isn't really devoid of life, and has featured Galactus, Loki, Ego the Living Planet, Dr. Doom, and Wolverine, and of course all of those save Loki have died in the course of the story. In the most recent Thanos series we see that at the end the only living characters are Thanos, Frank Castle, Hulk again, and Silver Surfer; but again, all of those characters (including Thanos) die in the course of the story.

But of course the real answer is

X-O posted:

All futures are alternate timelines. There is no actual 616 future.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

site posted:

Wow that's amazingly blatant. Then again Square is doing the Avengers game so maybe they won't mind.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

What do we define as "the end of all things"? Because in Thor, the universe is dying but isn't really devoid of life, and has featured Galactus, Loki, Ego the Living Planet, Dr. Doom, and Wolverine, and of course all of those save Loki have died in the course of the story. In the most recent Thanos series we see that at the end the only living characters are Thanos, Frank Castle, Hulk again, and Silver Surfer; but again, all of those characters (including Thanos) die in the course of the story.

But of course the real answer is

i think in the case of king thanos, that timeline was explicitly erased at the end (??)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

C'mon, friends. You all know the rules of time travel.

There are no rules.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

TwoPair posted:

I totally forgot about Phoenix Force Wolverine. I guess it is true there's no canon future, but I hope going forward people keep throwing in miserable rear end Bruce Banner at the end of time.

X-O posted:

All futures are alternate timelines.

Ok so Spider-Man doesn't make it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

site posted:

Kweh? What book is this?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that ff - the prodigal son mini

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

site posted:

Well they could just be terror birds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

I wonder if that's the same artist that drew Tau Hammerhead tanks from 40k into an comic.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone else reading Spider-Man life story? I'm pretty curious how they're going to end this. Cuz I'm think it's going to end in the next issue.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

Anyone else reading Spider-Man life story? I'm pretty curious how they're going to end this. Cuz I'm think it's going to end in the next issue.

Yeah, I reread it looking for plot threads that haven't been followed up on and was reminded that Kraven has the symbiote suit.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Covok posted:

If the final issue doesn't feature Peter doing research and irradiating a spider which goes off and bites a young Miles Morales, allowing Peter to finally retire as Spider-Man now that he has a successor, I will be disappointed.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

If the final issue doesn't feature Peter doing research and irradiating a spider which goes off and bites a young Miles Morales, allowing Peter to finally retire as Spider-Man now that he has a successor, I will be disappointed.

I like this idea BUT I can't imagine Peter not being guilt ridden for accidentally thrusting the life of Spider-Man onto a kid.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
heres a fun visual trick from the infinty warps annual

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so who was that corpse at banner's feet at the end of time?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so who was that corpse at banner's feet at the end of time?
Mister Immortal

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Covok posted:

I am! It's real good.

I'm not sure why you'd think it would end next issue, when they've solicited the issue after as the last one.

But I'm 100% certain Miles will feature into the ending.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

I am! It's real good.

I'm not sure why you'd think it would end next issue, when they've solicited the issue after as the last one.

I don't know, he's shown to have kids, it could always play out in a Spider-Girl way.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

I don't know, he's shown to have kids, it could always play out in a Spider-Girl way.

I think Miles is more definitively tied to the 2010s, though. But heck, why not both? Heck, I could even see Spider-Gwen as the daughter or granddaughter of Ben & Helen.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I am! It's real good.

I never read solicits.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Covok posted:

I never read solicits.

Oh fair enough.

Tht aside though, what made you think they'd end it next issue?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
All narrative flow/solicitations/indicia aside, the entire structure of the book suggests six issues

#1 - 1960s
#2 - 1970s
#3 - 1980s
#4 - 1990s
#5 - 2000s
#6 - 2010s

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh fair enough.

Tht aside though, what made you think they'd end it next issue?

He's 50 and essentially replaced himself with Ben to live with his kids in the last issue.

How do you get two more issues?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gonna go ahead and guess it doesn't work out

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edge & Christian posted:

All narrative flow/solicitations/indicia aside, the entire structure of the book suggests six issues

#1 - 1960s
#2 - 1970s
#3 - 1980s
#4 - 1990s
#5 - 2000s
#6 - 2010s

And then you'd have one set in the future, from our perspective.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Edge & Christian posted:

#1 - 1960s
#2 - 1970s
#3 - 1980s
#4 - 1990s
#5 - 2000s
#6 - 2010s

#7- 2090s :getin:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
does this belong in the industry thread cuz this headline is violence

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1147205676109901829

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

e: jesus i mean, it's not even the right decade for that

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Better than Northrop Grumman, I guess.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

How much do you think they need to pay people to do these instead of work they actually like?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Covok posted:

How do you get two more issues?

The next issue is based around the Civil War crossover. His kids with MJ were born in 1984 in issue #3, which means they'd be right around 20 when the Registration Act becomes a thing. If one or both of them inherit the powers, then Peter as a 50-something angry dad trying to keep his kids out of the line of fire is a perfectly legit plot foundation.

If Zdarsky really wants to twist the knife, one of the kids could be along for the ride during the reality-show caper that ends with the explosion in Stanford. Peter's son Ben Parker as a thrill-seeking fundamentally irresponsible young idiot misusing his powers would be a nearly irresistible counterpoint story.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Has he been mentioned in Immortal Hulk so far? I love the GLA.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm starting to think some people just read each post in a complete vacuum and the quote boxes just don't exist

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Alaois posted:

i'm starting to think some people just read each post in a complete vacuum and the quote boxes just don't exist

Like before this issue obviously

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
There's not been a single mention of Mr.Immortal or the GLA, I think he's just there cause it's been mentioned he'll be around for the end of the universe.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

My apologies for saying War of Realms was a mess a few pages back. I went back and looked and my stoned rear end missed the "Earlier / Now" lines under the locations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-Statix digital sale in time for the one-shot tomorrow.
https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-X-Statix-Sale/page/21772

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Teenage Fansub posted:

X-Statix digital sale in time for the one-shot tomorrow.
https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-X-Statix-Sale/page/21772

This is the sole omnibus that I own, I hope that the one-shot heralds a revival series.