Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

I mean, this looks fishy. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark

Speaking of fish, reposting my request for a Detective Shark avatar inspired in some way a Powers Booth version of Philip Marlowe

ulvir

hi yob

would someone want to do something cool and good aesthetically with this here portrait?

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hi, i have a request

im not very good at animating so i was wondering if you could point me to a good tutorial for animating in gimp

im trying to figure out how to animate the nail file in this picture of Veronica Lodge

i also want to figure out how to clean up the image and make it look less artifacty and more sharp, especially with her hair tone, the only thing i know how to do is cut out and transparentalize it and resize it into an avatar

any tips/advice would be appreciated

thank u, next~ :h:

vanisher

Lastgirl posted:

hi, i have a request

im not very good at animating so i was wondering if you could point me to a good tutorial for animating in gimp

im trying to figure out how to animate the nail file in this picture of Veronica Lodge

i also want to figure out how to clean up the image and make it look less artifacty and more sharp, especially with her hair tone, the only thing i know how to do is cut out and transparentalize it and resize it into an avatar

any tips/advice would be appreciated

thank u, next~ :h:

I'm going to do an effort post in a moment for you friend

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

Here's part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKIFZLPqA6I

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yRN1nkS7-U

(sorry, youtube is being a jerk?)
Part 3: https://vimeo.com/344822753?ref=em-share

as its shrinked the minor imperfections go away. Here's an av sized one

vanisher fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 27, 2019

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
amazing, im blown away by the trouble you went to, thank you so much vanisher, you are the best

i saw the first two videos and they really helped, i never considered using the smudge tool to soften or blend, however your third video doesn't work atm :(

i'd like to give it a crack and see what i can do (so i can actually learn how to animate) and post results cos i'd like to work on the base layer a lot more meticulously than quick and dirty, such as changing her top color (yellow's my least favorite color~) and definitely add elbows because im transparentalizing the background away, which i should do first before animating it ya?

the results you posted definitely works and is exactly what i had in mind, and shrinking it down looks really good so thats one less thing to worry about

vanisher

Lastgirl posted:

amazing, im blown away by the trouble you went to, thank you so much vanisher, you are the best

i saw the first two videos and they really helped, i never considered using the smudge tool to soften or blend, however your third video doesn't work atm :(

i'd like to give it a crack and see what i can do (so i can actually learn how to animate) and post results cos i'd like to work on the base layer a lot more meticulously than quick and dirty, such as changing her top color (yellow's my least favorite color~) and definitely add elbows because im transparentalizing the background away, which i should do first before animating it ya?

the results you posted definitely works and is exactly what i had in mind, and shrinking it down looks really good so thats one less thing to worry about

Totally go for it- just fixed the third video so you can see how I do the animation part.

please post results! Let me know if you run into a road block. Its kind of a thing you just need to do 100 times to get a feel for.

Sometimes i'll blow the image up then shrink it down so it kind of blends better, depending on how clean you want it to look. It definitely helps to work on a big resolution then make it smaller. Remember don't ever shrink down an optimized image, shrink down your unoptimized image THEN optimize it, otherwise you'll get trailers (frames might bleed into each other) or it will just look messy.

FluffieDuckie

Vanisher’s a good egg

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Goons Are Gifts

Vanisher's Magic Wizard Den

vanisher

if you want tips on how to cut out and make it transparent just lmk - you do the same thing as before, but don't optimize it!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FluffieDuckie posted:

Vanisher’s a good egg

Stoner Sloth

FluffieDuckie posted:

Vanisher’s a good egg

A V good egg indeed.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

jeffery
make me a good one

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I dunno how feasible this is but can someone avatarize the scene at 1:10 here where the dude shoots at Popeye's head and it bounces back and hits the guy?

https://youtu.be/yZi5plJeLYY

vanisher

Professor Shark posted:

Speaking of fish, reposting my request for a Detective Shark avatar inspired in some way a Powers Booth version of Philip Marlowe

here ya go

tangie

vanisher posted:

Here's part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKIFZLPqA6I

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yRN1nkS7-U

(sorry, youtube is being a jerk?)
Part 3: https://vimeo.com/344822753?ref=em-share

as its shrinked the minor imperfections go away. Here's an av sized one

make me one

vanisher

tangie posted:

make me one

mods rename this guy "one" thanks

here you go

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

here ya go

This is great!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

tangie

vanisher posted:

mods rename this guy "one" thanks

here you go

that's great how do i set it as my picture

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hi sorry its been taking me a while, i was busy then i spent more than 6 hours for sure touching up this because i had a few ideas before animating

the clone stamp was absolutely perfect because it retained the ink texture so i could touch up her hair and blend it in better, i also added elbows because no offense vanisher, i know you were doing a quick and dirty elbow, but yours was pretty anatomically goofy :D

this is just a .png, i still have the .xcf so i haven't optimized anything. My next step is to animate the nail file motion now so im watching the third video and here goes nothing :sweatdrop: (the upshot is that i dont have to blend the background or anything because its transparantilized. I might have to clone stamp some ink lines of course which will be more work involved but im loving it so far, the results have been awesome.

her top is transparent because im thinking about using vaporwave backgrounds or something cool with it, and oh ya i have to colorize the nail file

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 2, 2019

vanisher

A+ work lastgirl!

vanisher

One thing I didnt mention is that the GIF file type hates semi transparent images. It just cant do it. So if you are animating anything with transparency just remember it has to be hard lines (no semi-erased colors).

You might find if you rotate your layers they become semi transparent on the edges. So you might need to do a little clean up after you get your frames all set up

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Any gif wizards up for helping me out? I've got a dilemma. I found that my avatar (not this one some random gave me but the cool skeleton robot with the sweet shades) has been done already, and better. I need a new one.

I was liking this gif , particularly the second part where the cat is bobbing its head side to side. Could someone with actual talent maybe add a border (to make it neater) and some headphones in a similar style to the art in the gif? I can edit images, but I know when something is outside my wheelhouse.

Korean Boomhauer
would it be on brand of me to get my avatar but as a cartoony purple goat and the kpop hat???

Scaly Haylie

could someone make this a wizard? please i need it

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Lizard Wizard posted:

could someone make this a wizard? please i need it

that is obviously a fighter wizard, op.

vanisher

here's one with a beard and without

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

mage-estic!

redm

heres a pic with some lizard sized wizard clothes if anybody wants to combine the two images (i might try it later but i have to sleep now ok night all)

sig by Manifisto

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Red hat, that is clearly a red mage that is going to cast enchant weapon on their sword. Bonus for coating the sword in an element, fire ice or electric would look nice.

This is assuming the sword was supposed to be part of the final image. I guess you could enchant the staff but then without the sword the red mage joke falls flat.

Scaly Haylie

vanisher posted:

these are rad, can someone make the staff's crystal glow?

Professor Shark

vanisher posted:

here ya go

Oh poo poo that's awesome!

If we're allowed to do art requests itt, would someone be able to make me a better version of this doodle of a pig playing with a bee?

I want to turn it into a linocut for a stamp to use on treat bags

vanisher

Professor Shark posted:

Oh poo poo that's awesome!

If we're allowed to do art requests itt, would someone be able to make me a better version of this doodle of a pig playing with a bee?

I want to turn it into a linocut for a stamp to use on treat bags

Here's a quick version of the original cleaned up if you wanna give it a go

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Professor Shark posted:

Define "better"...

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Lizard Wizard posted:

these are rad, can someone make the staff's crystal glow?

These could be optimised to be smaller without the quality trade-off, but I don't have the necessary tools installed where I'm working now, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's a 7z file with the PNG sequences if someone else wants to gently caress around with them: forg_wyzzrd.7z :filez:

shinmai fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 30, 2019

nut

i am a tabula rasa of avs unless tabula rasa is that stuff they serve with falafels in which case i am a tabbouleh of avs

shinmai

CHK Instruction

bee eater posted:

i am a tabula rasa of avs unless tabula rasa is that stuff they serve with falafels in which case i am a tabbouleh of avs

this is my manga oops w.r.t avatar creation I shed a little tear when I dragged the gif from my desktop onto imagerur dot com

nut

shinmai posted:

this is my manga oops w.r.t avatar creation I shed a little tear when I dragged the gif from my desktop onto imagerur dot com

:eyepop: mamma mia i may have 2 invest post vacay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar

Don't shoot him?

i always enjoy seeing the cool work and advice people put into making avs and helping each other out, ngl