Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
He may not have invented it but he perfected it.

edit:

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1EwwaUrIc

Animatics are obsolete, it's all about dramatizations now

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

jesus. jesus christ

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

they should have sent a poet

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

oh my GOD

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CainsDescendant posted:

This is what their show should have been

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If they could somehow do advice and get real professional actors to dramatize their answers it would be the best thing. Lin plz

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the game done changed

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Welcome to the next level

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I am 100% here for Drunk History: MBMBAM Edition.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
They've done this before, apparently. Not sure how we're only just hearing about them.
https://youtu.be/0rvGX7iwYRc

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

SpacePig posted:

They've done this before, apparently. Not sure how we're only just hearing about them.
https://youtu.be/0rvGX7iwYRc

That one got passed around a bit when it came out. Didn't realize it was the same people though, wow.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I was bracing for a cringey disaster but that was really drat good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So what mountains do the McElroys have left to climb?

They've been in: TV shows, internet TV, YouTube videos, podcasts, books, graphic novels, comic books, a video game, they're gonna be in a movie, I'm probably missing some other stuff

Like, yes the argument is there that they need more prominent roles on some of those to be taken more seriously, but still: what area do they have left to stick their toes in?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They need to drop the most fire album of the year.

Also let's write a Broadway musical adaptation of MBMBAM.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

They need to drop the most fire album of the year.

I would definitely be down for a McElroy version of the Our Debut Album podcast.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

So what mountains do the McElroys have left to climb?

They've been in: TV shows, internet TV, YouTube videos, podcasts, books, graphic novels, comic books, a video game, they're gonna be in a movie, I'm probably missing some other stuff

Like, yes the argument is there that they need more prominent roles on some of those to be taken more seriously, but still: what area do they have left to stick their toes in?

Are we counting Hamilton as being in a broadway musical?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AndrewP posted:

I was bracing for a cringey disaster but that was really drat good

yea there's a very narrow line to straddle for that concept to make it good and not just awkward but boy did they nail it.

Seeso has failed the brothers, it's time to pitch Drunk MBMBAM to Comedy Central. With all the Office reruns I see them playing there's no way they don't need shows.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe an album can finally warrant an intro change. I think we've had enough of It's a Departure by The LongWintersoffoftheralbmputgtdystbd.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

um excuse me posted:

I think we've had enough of It's a Departure by The LongWintersoffoftheralbmputgtdystbd.

:wrong:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The McElroys aren't done until they can afford to bring back ABBA. Bring Åse Agneta Fältskog on the show and something interesting gonna happen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MBMBABBAM

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

This is insane and will never happen.

It will be MBMBABBAAM. The "and" is still there!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

um excuse me posted:

Maybe an album can finally warrant an intro change. I think we've had enough of It's a Departure by The LongWintersoffoftheralbmputgtdystbd.

Remember when they tried to pivot to another bad theme song for one episode?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Me neither. What was the song?

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I miss when they used Girl Talk for the outro. Having “It’s a Departure” for both is more uniform but I liked how the end of “Play Your Part Pt. 2” wound down the episodes. Keep your heart, three stacks

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Found it. Ep 150, Wolf School. I still have no idea what this song is.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'll admit that for about a year I was one of those people who thought Griffin saying "it's a departure off the album Putting the Days to Bed" was weird, hip lingo for "it's a track from this album" and that he never said the song's name.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

CainsDescendant posted:

Jesus christ, the parts with the boss interjecting had me laughing so much I had to catch my breath

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Jesus christ, the parts with the boss interjecting had me laughing so much I had to catch my breath

adding in a 'junior boss' for when a third brother jumped in was perfect too

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I want every second they spent talking about tech decks, how dare Griffin take that from us

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Release the Gushie tapes

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm going to Squarespace right now to start JustinMcelroyGoldPantsCoolHog.com

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

okay I definitely thought the Jesse Eisenberg thing was a bit for a minute there

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

eke out posted:

okay I definitely thought the Jesse Eisenberg thing was a bit for a minute there

:same:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would love to see the mbmbam players do the rubber band company bit from a few episodes ago.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This episode was really weird, in a good way. From the very beginning it felt like the brothers weren't really in sync with each other, but instead of making things stall out it just resulting in them catching each other off guard a lot. That, plus crazy tangents.

I wonder how Jessie Eisenburg feels about being a guest on the most cannibalism- and petcrush-heavy episode to date.

#ReleaseTheTechTapes

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Raserys posted:

I want every second they spent talking about tech decks, how dare Griffin take that from us

I don't know if I'm missing the joke here but Griffin didn't edit those bits out, he said it as a way to move on from the derail. There was no edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I don't know if I'm missing the joke here but Griffin didn't edit those bits out, he said it as a way to move on from the derail. There was no edit.
That's what Justin's bank account wants you to think.