Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Impermanent posted:

people tell me that in organized play superbolide is amazing

It’s shorter cooldown hallowed ground with a bit less duration, but the duration was never really the reason hallowed ground was bonkers good anyway.

I’ve heard there can be issues with taking a hit in the split second between losing all your health and the invuln going up, so probably not as good at doing huge dick dungeon pulls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Superbolide is way better than living dead. It drops them to one, but they don't need to be healed to full or even at all, and they are immune to damage (unlike Homlgang which is still the best).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've been enjoying the hell out of Dark Knight but Living Dead doesn't seem like a super useful button so far. Maybe at higher levels (I just hit 53).

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've been enjoying the hell out of Dark Knight but Living Dead doesn't seem like a super useful button so far. Maybe at higher levels (I just hit 53).

It's basically only for big fuckoff tankbusters, or annoying mechanics that it's better to blow a bunch of cooldowns than actually do.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Shadowbringers is a great expansion and the Titania weapons are beautiful.

Also here's me and my imaginary boyfriend.

Please let me marry him, Yoship.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Again, you misunderstand the explanation they themselves gave us.

Whether the triggering event is stopped or not does not matter. The source of the cataclysm is external and always has been.

The Umbral Shard rejoining is what empowered Bahamut in the first place. It's not a physical thing, the shard is converted to aspected aether which does it's thing, amplifying what is already occurring. if anything, stopping Bahamut's rampage was probably seen as a positive by the ascians. it weakened Hydalen and left a society developed enough to initiate another rejoining in the space of a single decade, not centuries.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's definitely an ability that requires coordination. It's something you plan to use in advance, with coordination with your healer, which gives you a ton of effective mitigation. In a static raid it can be amazing. With randos, it's not very good.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think he's pretty great tbh.

Post MSQ Same, guy just wants to have the biggest bestest fight ever with his friend the WoL, and if that means having to pilot Zodiark and Hydaelyn like it's the finale of Gurren Lagann then by god he's gonna make it happen.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Post MSQ Same, guy just wants to have the biggest bestest fight ever with his friend the WoL, and if that means having to pilot Zodiark and Hydaelyn like it's the finale of Gurren Lagann then by god he's gonna make it happen.

ah, clearly machinist getting a bunch of drills was just foreshadowing

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bahamut was a proper calamity causing a rejoining and, according to the Encyclopedia Eorza, Astrally charged, not umbrally (no real shadowbringers spoilers here, just Bahamut stuff from coil and post ARR.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So which shards exactly have been rejoined? I know the one that became the Void CAN'T, because something went too far there and it made a mass of darkness instead.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

now i get to listen to titania's music all the time :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

So which shards exactly have been rejoined? I know the one that became the Void CAN'T, because something went too far there and it made a mass of darkness instead.

So far Wind, Lightning, Fire, Earth, Ice Water and Bahamut's Calamity

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kerrzhe posted:

Oh poo poo, primal mounts look fantastic.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Felt cute

I've uh....18 more quests to go before post SB

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What up with the whole summoning of champions from other.... shards? So the people who fought Hades were WoL iterations from other shards? There was 7 others, and 14 shards, and supposedly there are 7 shards out there that haven't rejoined, soo......

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

jokes posted:

What up with the whole summoning of champions from other.... shards? So the people who fought Hades were WoL iterations from other shards? There was 7 others, and 14 shards, and supposedly there are 7 shards out there that haven't rejoined, soo......

yes.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Nodosaur posted:

The shards at this point are capital G Gone, so I don't think there's really names for them anymore. The problem with the Void was that they just drained ALL the aether instead of tilting it to a specific element, so there was no way for it to connect to the source. It's not actually dark aligned either, as you can see one of the shards that's already been rejoined in Emmet-Selch's little lecture was a dark aether rejoining.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Clarste posted:

If you press the button when you're already low it effectively has no penalty.
Unless your healer casts Benediction on you immediately before you hit the button. Then it’s hilarious.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

jokes posted:

Don't think about it too much. It was just an extremely hype moment and an excuse to have seven other Warriors of Light come in to punch the most powerful Ascian in the face.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

78 Story chat: I listen to Emet's talk at the ladder about losing his home, my mind jumps to Undimmed By Anime Tears

Kerrzhe posted:

Dragons this time? Cool.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Irritation question for one of the dungeon bosses. Storge in particular.

It does some kind of square/triangle beam thing after about 50%, and I've been doing it with a trust. I follow Thancred around which has usually worked out, except I can literally be standing on top of him and the beam clips me. If the beam clips me twice I die and the fight resets. This is very frustrating. Where am I supposed to stand? Am I like literally one pixel outside of the space, or are the Trust guys just immune?

e: Figured it out. The trick is to ignore Thancred and stand at the vertices. Hurray!

Nessus fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 7, 2019

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vanderdeath posted:

Don't think about it too much. It was just an extremely hype moment and an excuse to have seven other Warriors of Light come in to punch the most powerful Ascian in the face.

They're not other shards of the WoL, they're just random heroes from the worlds.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

SirSamVimes posted:

They're not other shards of the WoL, they're just random heroes from the worlds.

I think they're just supposed to be your crew you roll with when they acknowledge that you aren't doing things alone.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Finally! Today, I finally got my new main job up to level 70 (actually my old main job, I abandoned Black Mage at level 55 but I still liked it well enough, so it's my new best friend) and got started into Shadowbringers!

After doing the initial opener, I've realized that forcing a job other than my old main up fifteen levels in a week and then immediately jumping into it after a Main Scenario duty roulette it actually was the right thing to do. Because the correct emotion to have during those initial Crystarium quests is 'frustrated, annoyed and a little tired'. That entire opener plays a lot like your character just has a ranging hangover and is gritting their teeth and dealing with the fact that everything's so bright, nobody understands what you're saying, half of them are laughing at you, you're being told all these things and you really have no idea if any of it's important but you want it all to stop, and there's so many stairs...

It jumps in quality basically the second the game lets you out into a field zone, though. I love that the setting's grim and horrifying as hell while wearing a totally unexpected face for that, it's like the whole expansion is 'Final Fantasy does Shin Megami Tensei' and it's great. I also love what it chooses to underplay and not discuss; They never outright say that it's an Earth-2 situation, because in truth it doesn't matter, they just let you have the 'wait isn't this--ohhhhh' moment by yourself. I think it works better if you go to meet with Alisae before Alphinaud, though, it's less obvious with her which makes it more of a slow realization.

Just now left off after finishing both of the (first?) branching quest paths.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
If I made a members account to play the Steam demo, but I want to buy the game on the SE store, do I need to change the email address associated with my steam demo account in order to use that same email address on my "real" account for the subscription? I don't want to sub through Steam. Pretty much I want to start over completely but use the same email address for the different PC platform. When I tried making a new account with the same email the system told me it's already in use, which it is, by me, for the steam demo which I will never touch again.

Follow up question: Do I need a new store account, too? I don't think I do, but I don't want to mess it up. My current store account is linked to the Steam demo account that I will never use again, can I re-link it to the new Members account I will make, or is there no reason to do so?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Fun Times! posted:

If I made a members account to play the Steam demo, but I want to buy the game on the SE store, do I need to change the email address associated with my steam demo account in order to use that same email address on my "real" account for the subscription? I don't want to sub through Steam. Pretty much I want to start over completely but use the same email address for the different PC platform. When I tried making a new account with the same email the system told me it's already in use, which it is, by me, for the steam demo which I will never touch again.

Follow up question: Do I need a new store account, too? I don't think I do, but I don't want to mess it up. My current store account is linked to the Steam demo account that I will never use again, can I re-link it to the new Members account I will make, or is there no reason to do so?

Pretty sure you need a new account entirely, because Steam has basically locked itself in to your old one.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Veev posted:

I think they're just supposed to be your crew you roll with when they acknowledge that you aren't doing things alone.

Graha beckons them as "Champions from beyond the rift". Doesn't seem that ambiguous

e: Also they all are referred to as Her champions during the trial

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 7, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Your Computer posted:

I just got through all of the Alexander raids for the first time (put it off because the queues were terrible, now they're really quick even as a DPS!) and that was awesome

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when the minibosses and and the Onslaughter combined, complete with a loving super sentai theme song :allears: I can't believe I used to think the FFXIV raid songs with lyrics and stuff were dumb, because everything I've done post-ARR has been incredibly awesome and fun. I've still got forward and back and then forward and back and then... stuck in my brain. I know this is real old news to everyone else but I'm having such a blast seeing all this stuff for the first time :3:

This was me when the second phase of Sephirot kicked in and suddenly I was listening to Powerman 5000 this week. I've missed a heap of optional stuff trying to rush HW and SB. I didn't know there was a Gilgamesh fight in ARR until this week!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Eopia posted:

Pretty sure you need a new account entirely, because Steam has basically locked itself in to your old one.

Right, I plan on making one. But I used my primary email address when I made my steam account. I want to use the same email address, so I'm hoping that I'm able to change to a junk email on the steam account so I can use my real email address for the new dedicated account I will make. Buy I'm curious what will happen to my store account which is linked to the steam account.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cleretic posted:

Finally! Today, I finally got my new main job up to level 70 (actually my old main job, I abandoned Black Mage at level 55 but I still liked it well enough, so it's my new best friend) and got started into Shadowbringers!

After doing the initial opener, I've realized that forcing a job other than my old main up fifteen levels in a week and then immediately jumping into it after a Main Scenario duty roulette it actually was the right thing to do. Because the correct emotion to have during those initial Crystarium quests is 'frustrated, annoyed and a little tired'. That entire opener plays a lot like your character just has a ranging hangover and is gritting their teeth and dealing with the fact that everything's so bright, nobody understands what you're saying, half of them are laughing at you, you're being told all these things and you really have no idea if any of it's important but you want it all to stop, and there's so many stairs...

It jumps in quality basically the second the game lets you out into a field zone, though. I love that the setting's grim and horrifying as hell while wearing a totally unexpected face for that, it's like the whole expansion is 'Final Fantasy does Shin Megami Tensei' and it's great. I also love what it chooses to underplay and not discuss; They never outright say that it's an Earth-2 situation, because in truth it doesn't matter, they just let you have the 'wait isn't this--ohhhhh' moment by yourself. I think it works better if you go to meet with Alisae before Alphinaud, though, it's less obvious with her which makes it more of a slow realization.

Just now left off after finishing both of the (first?) branching quest paths.
Regarding your spoiler, it has been really sad when I spotted some of them. I'm pretty sure that despairing orphan outside of Eulmore just inside the gates is Khloe. :smith:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I’ve heard there can be issues with taking a hit in the split second between losing all your health and the invuln going up, so probably not as good at doing huge dick dungeon pulls?

I had that happen to me twice already in big pulls, so I don't use it anymore.

Also, zone talk I just made it to rak'tika and it's already my least favorite zone. The cult people are extremely boring and the trees all look horrible, pixelated and low res, it's like I suddenly been dropped into a playstation 2 era game. I'm hoping that it will get better further in the zone. The music is pretty great though

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 7, 2019

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nessus posted:

Regarding your spoiler, it has been really sad when I spotted some of them. I'm pretty sure that despairing orphan outside of Eulmore just inside the gates is Khloe. :smith:

I haven't been noticing the NPCs, because I honestly haven't been paying the closest attention to that, and am also bad at recognizing faces, so the only one I picked was Rowena's double because her use of the word 'Splendors' made me zoom in to make sure. On thinking about it, though, I think the doctor that gives the bad diagnosis to the singer might be the head of the Alchemist's Guild?

The geography has been the fun part of it for me, though. The first one I noticed was that the Inn in Amh Araeng is Little Ala Mhigo, and man, that place is miserable in every universe, huh?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

my only experience with superbolide is wet paper gnbs using it at full health on a wall pull like they're trying to give me a heart attack scrambling to heal enough when it's nearly over they won't die

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Where is this restricted shop that sells level 80 gatherer gear?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Fun Times! posted:

Right, I plan on making one. But I used my primary email address when I made my steam account. I want to use the same email address, so I'm hoping that I'm able to change to a junk email on the steam account so I can use my real email address for the new dedicated account I will make. Buy I'm curious what will happen to my store account which is linked to the steam account.

Pretty sure you’ve boned yourself and you tied the e-mail to that account. You’re going to have to use a burner for the non steam version.

Edit: Maybe not. You can try changing account information by going to the mog station and updating the e-mail address to a burner one there. That might free it up.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 7, 2019

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

Pretty sure you’ve boned yourself and you tied the e-mail to that account. You’re going to have to use a burner for the non steam version.

Edit: Maybe not. You can try changing account information by going to the mog station and updating the e-mail address to a burner one there. That might free it up.

That's the plan. I'll give it a shot

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

funkymonks posted:

Post MSQ Spoilers The only thing I didn’t like was the stinger after the MSQ with Zenos. He is probably my main issue with SB and now he is going to make ShB patch content less interesting. He sucks. He looks like a creep and is a bad boring villain. His motivations are really loving stupid. Everything about him is bad.

This, but also Ran'jit, who was also kind of boring to me. Zenos was funny just being a teleporting edgelord back when Stormblood had nobody to distract from, but there was genuinely tension of whether Varis was going to cause some serious damage with Black Rose that's gone now because "Heh, nothin' personnel, father." Also, making Elidibus look like a Lahabrea level chump.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Holy poo poo, hackers do not gently caress around in this game. Bot named Vhfopdsfihjf Wdhjdifh or whatever was just teleporting all around the area instagibbing the mobs I was hunting for a quest. That would have been a lot more frustrating if I didn't have an instant cast DoT to tag them with as they respawned.

e: also the process for reporting cheaters is laughably primitive. I have to manually type all the information into the support ticket, as opposed to being able to say place: here, time: now, character: the one I'm targeting who's blipping around the area like Agent Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Nessus posted:

Got a screenshot or a location? I can't find this character and google didn't help. I completed the MSQ so maybe she disappears.