Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Pompey have signed a goalkeeper, defender and midfielder on loan from Rangers in a ‘transfer raid’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1147197065811783680
€15m fee, thought he was decent last season and definitely a bruiser. Seems a solid deal.

That’s a coppa Italia signing if I’ve ever seen one. The Rincon of the defense.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

That’s a coppa Italia signing if I’ve ever seen one. The Rincon of the defense.

If they sign De Ligt too this guy will never play, given Sarri's rotation policy

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

brasstassels posted:

Can't believe all these clubs are supposedly in for Maguire when Alderweireld, a better player, is available for £25m

I mean I'd like him to stay but not a single club being linked with him is very weird

Maybe he won't leave London.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

julian assflange posted:

You'll never recover from this

i realized that right away

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This has been known for a while but Inter’s management has publicly stated that they are looking to get rid of both Icardi and Nainggolan. Nainggolan I can see going to a smaller team but I doubt Icardi takes any sort of pay cut or status drop.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
was nainggolan bad at inter?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Bad at not smoking cigarettes

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gigi Galli posted:

This has been known for a while but Inter’s management has publicly stated that they are looking to get rid of both Icardi and Nainggolan. Nainggolan I can see going to a smaller team but I doubt Icardi takes any sort of pay cut or status drop.

I read a thing about Napoli wanting to pay Icardi a lot of money.

also, AC Milan did a thing.

https://twitter.com/acmilan/status/1147543515703971843

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Atletico made Morata's transfer permanent

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
El Shaarawy is on his way to China to have his medical with Shanghai Shenhua, Roma are getting an €18m fee.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

trem_two posted:

El Shaarawy is on his way to China to have his medical with Shanghai Shenhua, Roma are getting an €18m fee.

Thus doubling the attendance at Chinese snooker events

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

trem_two posted:

Atletico made Morata's transfer permanent

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1147512812308258816

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

trem_two posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1147197065811783680
€15m fee, thought he was decent last season and definitely a bruiser. Seems a solid deal.

i hear he's a dope

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Blue Star Error posted:

Thus doubling the attendance at Chinese snooker events

Lol

But for real though that’s shameful.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol

But for real though that’s shameful.

I think we’re at the point where footballers are chasing money instead of honors, so they’re every American sport athlete. It’s tough to turn down setting up your future generations for luxury by sacrificing four years of your life in China, or Qatar, or New Orleans.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

I think we’re at the point where footballers are chasing money instead of honors, so they’re every American sport athlete. It’s tough to turn down setting up your future generations for luxury by sacrificing four years of your life in China, or Qatar, or New Orleans.

Oh I should’ve clarified. It’s not shameful for El Shaarawy. It’s shameful for Roma. He denied a move earlier and its obvious someone at the club convinced him to go. I hope he does well and makes a trillion euros.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
To be fair. If I was a pro footballer I'd probably chase the money before my knees broke.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

CyberPingu posted:

To be fair. If I was a pro footballer I'd probably chase the money before my knees broke.

But if you already have like £50 million in the bank, is it worth it to go live in some horrific polluted industrial city in China thousands of miles away from everyone you know?

Plus give up any hope of meaningful football achievements.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

wooger posted:

But if you already have like £50 million in the bank, is it worth it to go live in some horrific polluted industrial city in China thousands of miles away from everyone you know?

Yes. Number must go up.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

wooger posted:

It’s not like they’re moving to Gansu province. Shanghai is really nice. I’d rather live there than in a lot of European cities. And maybe they just want to experience something different (while also making a lot more money).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

wooger posted:

Depends what I want to do for retirement. If I'm not somewhere that has free medical cover then I need to consider the future impact of playing sport for 18+ years and what impact that could have down the line.

I might just want to go live somewhere with gently caress you amounts of money, live a disgusting life style never having to worry about money again.

Achievements would be the first goal when most players get in to football. But I think if you are not at a "top" club by the time you are 27 or something you probably are not going to get many opportunities to go for achievements.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Smeef posted:

Shanghai is really nice. I’d rather live there than in a lot of European cities.
That’s mental.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smeef posted:

Shanghai is really nice. I’d rather live there than in a lot of European cities.

Imagine having a brain this broken

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Smeef posted:

Shanghai is really nice.

I do not agree, but I suppose it is pretty cosmopolitan and there are a lot of ex-pats.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

wooger posted:

But if you already have like £50 million in the bank*, is it worth it to go live in some horrific polluted industrial city in China thousands of miles away from everyone you know?

*£6.4m net worth

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wooger posted:

They’re multi-millionaires going to live in major cities. Their quality of life is fantastic. It’s not as though they’re toiling away in rural villages.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Oh I should’ve clarified. It’s not shameful for El Shaarawy. It’s shameful for Roma. He denied a move earlier and its obvious someone at the club convinced him to go. I hope he does well and makes a trillion euros.

What is going on at Roma, anyway?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Smeef posted:

It’s not like they’re moving to Gansu province. Shanghai is really nice. I’d rather live there than in a lot of European cities. And maybe they just want to experience something different (while also making a lot more money).

Now you just reminded me of when Gazza played for Gansu Tianma

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

blue footed boobie posted:

What is going on at Roma, anyway?

FFP is hell of a thing when you're not one of the big teams (or PSG).

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I quite liked shanghai I’d live there for a few years

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

blue footed boobie posted:

They’re multi-millionaires going to live in major cities. Their quality of life is fantastic. It’s not as though they’re toiling away in rural villages.

Which major cities, and what industries are predominant in them?

Shanghai, the best case example, is ultra polluted. The internet is censored, there are concentration camps for Muslims etc.

The industrial shitholes where the non-Shanghai teams play are more polluted, and have less going on than Shanghai, especially for people who aren’t fluent in Chinese.

Rich footballers can be taken care of and be insulated from this, but it’s still grim.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

wooger posted:

Shanghai, the best case example, is ultra polluted. The internet is censored, there are concentration camps for Muslims etc.

Sounds good

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Extremely my poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wooger posted:

Which major cities, and what industries are predominant in them?

The industrial shitholes where the non-Shanghai teams play are more polluted, and have less going on than Shanghai, especially for people who aren’t fluent in Chinese.

Rich footballers can be taken care of and be insulated from this, but it’s still grim.

They’ll live in luxury apartments or in mansions and have their every whim catered to. The ultra rich are generally insulated from social problems. They might see some pollution by helicopter I guess.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If concentration camps are a deal breaker then that's every country who can give you a big payday

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
It's not strange at all that some footballers might want to go to Shanghai (for example) for a payday and a year or two of living in a new and unfamiliar and completely different place to what they're used to. People are interested in different and unfamiliar places. All of the good footballers (outside of the South American and African wonderkids) live in Europe, they're used to Europe, it's interesting to try somewhere different. And for the mega rich it's just another flavour of how can I spend my money and in what kind of locations. As if they care one loving bit about any kind of poor people or racial problems or oppression or whatever, they probably don't even know that poo poo exists

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1147939481519087617
Some club is going to get a nice bargain on him, despite the baggage

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

It's not strange at all that some footballers might want to go to Shanghai (for example) for a payday and a year or two of living in a new and unfamiliar and completely different place to what they're used to. People are interested in different and unfamiliar places. All of the good footballers (outside of the South American and African wonderkids) live in Europe, they're used to Europe, it's interesting to try somewhere different. And for the mega rich it's just another flavour of how can I spend my money and in what kind of locations. As if they care one loving bit about any kind of poor people or racial problems or oppression or whatever, they probably don't even know that poo poo exists

Actually they just want a kawaii Asian gf like the animes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1147939481519087617
Some club is going to get a nice bargain on him, despite the baggage

I read something earlier that De Laurentiis was considering casting Wanda in the latest Christmas trash movie in order to get Icardi at a better price.