Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see
Was there any mention of cross-platform save migrations possibly becoming a thing in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Also I really don't like Liger's designs. They just don't scream Warframe to me.

They're from an alternate dimension where China made Warframe and the rest of the world is playing the second fiddle version.

I think the Excalibur one is extremely cool and if it comes out like that, especially with the etching definition that is lacking in so many of the latex-smooth frames, I'd be way into it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Optikalusion posted:

Was there any mention of cross-platform save migrations possibly becoming a thing in the future?

They've said in the recent past that it's something they'd like to do (not migrations, those are dead, but sharing progression across platforms), but that's about the extent of it so far. It's just a bigger challenge than a lot of people appreciate, so it's gonna take time even if they do come out and say "yes we're definitely doing this".

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 7, 2019

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Warframe is evolving

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrendsonVII/status/1147648266567397376

:allears:

Edit: Ephemeras work on spoiler mode now (available in their own appearance tab).

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 7, 2019

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Any details anywhere of the riven changes they made with this update? Do we know what got nerfed / boosted?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pipski posted:

Any details anywhere of the riven changes they made with this update? Do we know what got nerfed / boosted?

There's a link in the patch notes.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

Helter Skelter posted:

They've said in the recent past that it's something they'd like to do (not migrations, those are dead, but sharing progression across platforms), but that's about the extent of it so far. It's just a bigger challenge than a lot of people appreciate, so it's gonna take time even if they do come out and say "yes we're definitely doing this".

Thanks. I can imagine it’s a daunting task, but if I can one day hop between PC and switch I’d probably never play anything else.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

I was at Tennocon today and the fakeout of "we didn't want to show new open world stuff, here's persistent world space combat" was mind bending
My favourite thing was on the stream when the screen went black after the operator got pulled out, you could hear someone in the audience go 'wait, what?'

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Watched a couple tennocon videos and goddamn this game has changed so much since I last played. I think I stopped before the first open world area came out. I was so confused when I opened it up today...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Oooh boy, back to the void to farm Wukong. Does the Derelict drop relics like the void?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Farming relics in the void is for things like Unsealings when they drag old frames back into supply.

Relics for WukongP will drop everywhere. Relics from bounties have probably been changed to be just Wukong/Ninkondi/Zhuge ones or will be soon.

tenno.zone isn't updated yet, but once it is, it's a good place for planning such. (official drops page hasn't updated yet either, which is probably why)

EDIT : For a little while though, I guess you can fast farm some stuff by running Captures and stuff in the void until the Loki/Volt thing ends.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd suggest waiting a day or two to grind out the new primes. the servers are getting hammered right now.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

My favourite thing was on the stream when the screen went black after the operator got pulled out, you could hear someone in the audience go 'wait, what?'

Steve had his arms spread out and shrugged in a "I don't know" manner in response to the crowd during that.

Crazy reveals.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd suggest waiting a day or two to grind out the new primes. the servers are getting hammered right now.

I couldn't even log in a little while ago.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Have they said if they were adding or changing anything gameplay wise for the New Player Experience? Like a new tutorial, location, etc. Or is it just the new cutscene and then cut to the regular intro mission with Vor etc.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Roman posted:

Have they said if they were adding or changing anything gameplay wise for the New Player Experience? Like a new tutorial, location, etc. Or is it just the new cutscene and then cut to the regular intro mission with Vor etc.

No real details yet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I doubt they'd want to junk Vor's Prize completely, but it's probably getting a significant makeover since the shrine like area with Excal, Mag and Volt seems like a perfect backdrop to choosing a starting frame. Then that's before any improvements to activating the different orbiter functions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the shrine thing doesn't make as much sense as a cryopod. despite the fact that you can make them in a 3d printer, warframes are alive and partly organic. still, the presentation is nice and anything would be better than the current new player experience that doesn't explain poo poo.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the shrine thing doesn't make as much sense as a cryopod. despite the fact that you can make them in a 3d printer, warframes are alive and partly organic. still, the presentation is nice and anything would be better than the current new player experience that doesn't explain poo poo.

Oddly enough I think the 'statues' makes quite a bit of sense given what we're told about the infested. They're shown repeatedly to be able to exist drifting through space for (plot appropriate time). The new nightwave even has a line referencing infected spores as 'old as stone'. So while the warframes are part alive, I'm sure whatever techno-wizardry the orokin did to the virus when melding it with the warframe'y bits, it probably doesn't need anything to stay alive.

One thing that had me raising question though is just who the girl was in trailer. I mean, she wakes up in the same pose as you get during quests when the operator 'dies' and floats in the void. Then she does transference at the end? So totally operator looking stuff, but is that going to be a thing now where we go around waking up other tenno instead of space-mom?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Do you unlock Emissary Points by levelling up Nightwave, or do you need Emissary Points to level up Nightwave? I just don't want to grind too much Syndicate XP if I also need EP to do that like with some other Syndicates.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ufarn posted:

Do you unlock Emissary Points by levelling up Nightwave, or do you need Emissary Points to level up Nightwave? I just don't want to grind too much Syndicate XP if I also need EP to do that like with some other Syndicates.

You earn Emissary Points by ranking up in Nightwave. Also the syndicate XP pool is only shared with the six original syndicates, it's not going to affect Nightwave at all or vice-versa.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, what kind of genre of game is warframe gonna be now?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yes.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Oh snap, Nora will have wolf beacons.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Star Theft Ninja.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Elite Sea of Star Citizens

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FunkyFjord posted:

Elite Dead Sea of War Citizens' Auto

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
guess i should get back into warframe huh

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

My body is ready

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Noice.wav

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

was there any word on when the railjack poo poo might be possibly coming out. i didn't care way too much about it at first but they're doing a good job of making me look forward to it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Johnny Joestar posted:

was there any word on when the railjack poo poo might be possibly coming out. i didn't care way too much about it at first but they're doing a good job of making me look forward to it.

Before the end of the year was the goal

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

NoMas posted:

Warframe is evolving

Warframe is one of those goddamned anime supervillains that just keeps evolving into more and more crazy bullshit and is all "This isn't even my final, Perfect Form yet"

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So Warframe is a Kuva Lich now? Good.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can I be honest? I hate the liches writing and voice acting

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it sounds like tyl run through a filter

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Goa Tse-tung posted:

can I be honest? I hate the liches writing and voice acting

i thought the delivery was a little off but i look forward to seeing and hearing other Lich types.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It might just be placeholder dialog until they get a professional VA.

I hear Nathan Fillion and Peter Dinklage are free *cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That warframe came from the moon