Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
were those hive using the D1 models?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mazerunner posted:

were those hive using the D1 models?

Certainly closer to D1 than D2.

Recycled content :argh:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

They showed off the moon levels from shadowkeep at some convention.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousMotionlessKimchiFunRun?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

It looks absolutely sick and I love everything about it.

Looks like Mordor

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I like the spiked rollers. It's like a hive version of Takeshis Castle.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
But we already have Most Extreme Guardian Challenge, it’s the gauntlet encounter in Leviathan

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

One does not simply matchmake into Mordor.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://youtu.be/HfWpoQfVJh0
:stare: :yikes:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

Certainly closer to D1 than D2.

Recycled content :argh:

I can't believe we paid 199 dollars for this

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I like D1 hive tyvm

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Emron posted:

I run Bygones/erentil and just stay at midrange. The fusion is there to delete anyone who gets close to me.

This is me too. But I use the bygones to kill anyone who gets too far away.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hive have always had the best aesthetic in destiny. I'm pumped as gently caress for the moon stuff.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For titan armor, is this always true?

helmet - targeting
arms - scavenger
chest - unflinching
legs - dexterity
mark - scavenger

I'm mainly trying to see if I can get targeting on any other armor piece

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

helmet - targeting
arms - scavenger
chest - unflinching
legs - dexterity
arms - scavenger

Yeah pretty much, I've never seen targeting on anything else.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Yeah pretty much, I've never seen targeting on anything else.

thanks. do you know if unfliching or maybe enhanced unflinching is any good? mainly for a sniper.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

thanks. do you know if unfliching or maybe enhanced unflinching is any good? mainly for a sniper.

They help a little, yeah. Its better than nothing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

actionjackson posted:

helmet - targeting
arms - scavenger
chest - unflinching
legs - dexterity
mark - scavenger

Helm is targeting or bonus super (ashes to assets, heavy lifting etc) and special/heavy reserves or ammo finder;

Arms are reloading or ability cooldowns or fastball and special/heavy scavenger or ammo finder;

Chest is unflinching and primary reserves or ammo finder;

Boots are dexterity or ability cooldown or traction (always pick traction) and primary scavenger or ammo finder

Mark is orb perk and ANY scavenger/reserves/ammo finder

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yep thanks, just wondering about that specific column on each. I definitely run traction.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

There are some fairly rare mark perks. I was lucky to get one with Absolution, which I’d never heard of before.

I think the targeting helps a lot in crucible, but things that increase your super are better in PVE.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roaming Supers are very common in PVP and I see a lot of good players loading up their gear with Super mods.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Has somebody that have not played the game much the past months, It strike me how much the game have changed from release.

Guardians now are amazing powermachines, part of it is having access to cool weapons, cool supers + exotics with gimmick that make these supers better. A wealth of super energy and class. Grenades are still so-so.

Another thing is the diversity of activities. Theres so many activities now, sometimes is hard to choose what to do.

I wonder what will happen if they drop in the game a DLC with the size of Taken King, if they really do that, is going to be pretty crazy.

And what about Destiny 3?, the thing with Destiny 3 is that could not compare with the game we have now. Destiny 3 when it finnaly see the light, will have a small fraction of what the game have now.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Tei, I wanted to say that I appreciate your posts

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Tei posted:

I wonder what will happen if they drop in the game a DLC with the size of Taken King, if they really do that, is going to be pretty crazy.
Forsaken was just that drop.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Judge Tesla posted:

Forsaken was just that drop.

Forsaken was bigger than TTK, I think. Shadowkeep is looking like it might be bigger as well? Twice the size of the moon in D1 means it will definitely be bigger than the dreadnought. If D3 is started from scratch again like the rumors suggest (it's not just the tower blowing up again, but Earth is completely lost as well according to one leak, and humanity allies with the Fallen and Cabal) then it's going to be yet another monumental drop in content that will take years to recover from. The recent Shadowkeep reveal had them talking like they don't want to start over however because they know how dumb it is and how WoW was all the better for continually building on the same game rather than pumping out sequels and starting from scratch, so who knows if they're gonna keep building upon this or wipe the slate clean yet again.

If you look at content spreads however, who knows? In D1 expansions they always included new crucible maps and strikes along with the story/gear/location but in D2 new crucible maps and strikes have been a rarity in favor of yet another variation on horde mode. I'd really like to see a renewed focus on crucible maps and strikes, Shadowkeep doesn't need a horde-wannabe mode because none of them are as good as the real thing anyways but the crucible/strike pillars of the game have been ignored for far too long and need a huge content boost.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The worst part of D2 becoming a forever game is that we're stuck with the cringey Y1 dialogue for the whole time.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SUNKOS posted:

(it's not just the tower blowing up again, but Earth is completely lost as well according to one leak, and humanity allies with the Fallen and Cabal)

this is 4chan speculation

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Stormare knew.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

humanity allies with the Fallen

Looks like Mithrax kills or otherwise overtakes Variks, if that's the case. I'm into it.

Iirc Mithrax is all about being like, "Sorry we suck! Guardians and humanity, just let some of us chill Fallen peeps live in our trash towns, please, and we will serve your interests and fight beside you so good, papi" whereas Variks is on some "Eliksni need to take care of Eliksni and gently caress everyone else up their stupid buttholes" kick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mill Village posted:

Roaming Supers are very common in PVP and I see a lot of good players loading up their gear with Super mods.

The pro elite bullshit these days is either pump action or light reactor on your helmet combined with a full suite of scavenger perks for whichever you run and super mods in every slot.

Then you just whore your god roll erentil or mind benders or dust rock. They'll get a super in about half the time someone with no mods and helmet perk will even if they're not killing as efficiently. Its stupid strong.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BlindSite posted:

The pro elite bullshit these days is either pump action or light reactor on your helmet combined with a full suite of scavenger perks for whichever you run and super mods in every slot.

Then you just whore your god roll erentil or mind benders or dust rock. They'll get a super in about half the time someone with no mods and helmet perk will even if they're not killing as efficiently. Its stupid strong.

This plus geomag is what I've been rocking since y2 have me them. It's good all around, plus slap dynamo on

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gameinformer’s official Destiny Raid Rankings

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

If you look at content spreads however, who knows? In D1 expansions they always included new crucible maps and strikes along with the story/gear/location but in D2 new crucible maps and strikes have been a rarity in favor of yet another variation on horde mode.

Yeah I agree they need more strikes and crucible maps. I think we'll see "remasters" of more d1 maps come back which isn't a bad thing. I really wouldn't be surprised if we saw some remixed d1 strikes with a hive influence as part of the nightmare thing. For PvP asylum, Delphi, twilight gap, cauldron would all be quite nice to see make a return imo. They always played well.

I think part of the issue has been there's been so much other poo poo that just needed to be fixed and or brought in that they've really just kind of neglected strikes and PvP. The "dungeon" type content like whisper and outbreak etc have been really good and I like that sort of thing. Menagerie is well done, escalation protocol was cool, blind well was good too.

The good news is at least they realise PvP needs some tweaking and have plans to do so but by their own admission they don't want to just slap it together. I just hope they don't mess with match making in quickplay because at the moment at least it's not that terrible and they always seem to make it worse.

I expect some class tweaks and a weapon balance patch to be announced when they talk up the next expansion. For a long time they didn't seem to give a poo poo about PvP unless it was making it more and more vanilla and flat and I'm hoping they're looking to avoid that.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I run five super mods and I can get my super 3x a game now. Very rarely four if my team is generating orbs often.

wrath of the machine > king's fall because WOTM involved moving around constantly, while king's fall involved staying in one spot constantly

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 8, 2019

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Are you playing smashy smashy arc man? Because if so you're everything wrong with the world :colbert:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
got my god roll.

its good

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

What’s the warlock power and tree you all run for good PvP? Bottom tree striker is the best for titan I assume. I can’t figure out what to do with warlock.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

got my god roll.

its good

Same. And agreed. See my clips for it in action. Dirty as gently caress

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

See my clips for it in action. Dirty as gently caress

:hmmyes:

https://i.imgur.com/i4SR2u8.gifv
edit: lol just realized the guy i solo supered at the beginning of this is the same guy i kill 10 seconds later with tlw rip

https://i.imgur.com/z3aStwT.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 8, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Blind Rasputin posted:

What’s the warlock power and tree you all run for good PvP? Bottom tree striker is the best for titan I assume. I can’t figure out what to do with warlock.

while novawarp isn't as good as it once was, it's also better than it once was, so that's good. handheld supernova is great as well. contraverse hold or astrocyte verse are good exotics to pair
nova bomb's alright as a shutdown super I guess.

top tree sun singer for icarus dash, if you want neutral game mobility and are good/have good weapons for air borne kills
bottom tree sunsinger for super duper supers. someone who is even decent at this super is a stupid nightmare that flies around the map at mach speed, raining hellfire like an ac-130

I like any and all of the arc trees, they all have their strengths and uses. crown of tempests or the arc buddy exotic.

ophidian aspects or transversive steps are good neutral exotics

probably use healing rift, unless you want to do some shenanigans with empowering, but you gotta know when/where to do a good empowering rift, much trickier than just "I am hurt, I go behind wall and rift"

I don't think any class/tree is stupid OP right now and will swap between all of these, but they're mostly all pretty good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I like top tree striker for dual nades and shoulder charge for movement. The super is pretty trash.

Otherwise top tree hammers. Everything else sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Wish i could claim this is mine but it's my clan mates

https://twitter.com/DownySped/status/1147881199852871680?s=09