Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The only way to get regional exclusives are to visit that place, have a friend visit, spoof, or get lucky on an event if they ever do one for that Pokemon, right?

Would be nice to actually fill out the Dex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Three nights of grinding and no shinies.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The only way to get regional exclusives are to visit that place, have a friend visit, spoof, or get lucky on an event if they ever do one for that Pokemon, right?

Correct. Also, in the case of Solrock/Lunatone wait until they switches hemispheres.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm banking on trading with friends to get them, but no one I know really travels so I gotta barter shinies on discord

E: whoops, trading was covered above

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

PK posted:

Correct. Also, in the case of Solrock/Lunatone wait until they switches hemispheres.

Also Seviper and Zangoose! I do see Seviper sometimes in the wild (I'm in USA) but I've only seen Zangoose once, way back in 2017 when they were briefly here, and then switched places almost immediately. I want more Zangoose, I think they're cool

PK
Apr 30, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Also Seviper and Zangoose! I do see Seviper sometimes in the wild (I'm in USA) but I've only seen Zangoose once, way back in 2017 when they were briefly here, and then switched places almost immediately. I want more Zangoose, I think they're cool

It's been a while since they're switched, hasn't it? I'd like a few more Zangeese too

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I would have saved more of my Zangoose if I knew they were going to become a legacy regional or whatever you’d call it.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Find someone in the thread or discord that lives in the area and is a kind soul who will log into a burner account you made and catch a low level regional for you. Then pay it forward.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

RBA-Wintrow posted:

I tried to send you a gift but you still have an unopened one from me.

ShakeZula posted:

I don't have any gifts to send right now, but I think you and I just had a gift exchange (atomican13), and we're 8 days away from Ultra.

neither of you were on the delete list anyhow as you had both sent or received gifts from me yesterday but i appreciate you checking in~

also RubySprinkles we are one day from ultra friends. you sent me a gift, but i sent you one and would rather you open that instead with a lucky egg since you need the xp and i don't.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Up until the recent spawn change for Go Fest I was up to my ears in Zangeese, so much that I just straight up refused to catch any more. I live just outside Philadelphia, in case that makes a difference

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

If anyone is feeling gift thrifty, hit me up at 8489 4617 0881 because my routes don’t take me near enough stops to keep me going.

I’m up against a brick wall from my weekly box containing a Latios. I am completely incapable of catching it, though thats mostly because my technique is limited to just chucking and hoping for a Great! or Nice!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I’m up against a brick wall from my weekly box containing a Latios. I am completely incapable of catching it, though thats mostly because my technique is limited to just chucking and hoping for a Great! or Nice!

You have to master circular throws enough to get a Great. Keep practicing with random spawns until you get the technique down. It's basically rotating it in one direction and then throwing it slightly to the opposite of the direction you were rolling. If you add a Razz or (even better) Gold berry to the mix, you should have him caught in no time. And, of course, only use ultra balls.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Saoshyant posted:

You have to master circular throws enough to get a Great. Keep practicing with random spawns until you get the technique down. It's basically rotating it in one direction and then throwing it slightly to the opposite of the direction you were rolling. If you add a Razz or (even better) Gold berry to the mix, you should have him caught in no time. And, of course, only use ultra balls.

Counterpoint: It's a research reward, you can huck unberried pokeballs at it all day and you'll get it eventually, it's impossible for it to flee.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Double edit: I've had pretty good shiny luck lately, I got a couple shiny a-rats, and picked up a second shiny fuckle! It's also been pretty nice picking up all these Skorupis

edit: also had a weird glitch last night when I tried to feed a defender some berries, and all the pokemon in the gym looked like creepy glitched out missingno.s

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 7, 2019

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Do armored mewtwo eggs start spawning at 4 pm EST on 7/10 or start hatching then

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Spawning. So the earliest hatch you'll see is 5 EDT (unless you get one of those weird eggs that spawns with 15 min on the timer).

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
1735 6171 7685
Hit me up on the PoGo, don’t care when you open gifts!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Counterpoint: It's a research reward, you can huck unberried pokeballs at it all day and you'll get it eventually, it's impossible for it to flee.

Yeah but I think Jeff's point is that he lacks a bounty of balls to chuck probably because he lives rural or something. So therefore curve balls will reduce the number he needs to use in the future.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
PizzaLad69– just let me know when you are opening gifts tomorrow if you see this in time! We are one day from ultra.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

tildes posted:

PizzaLad69– just let me know when you are opening gifts tomorrow if you see this in time! We are one day from ultra.

Feel free to open it whenever, I'm not really in a rush to get to level 40 (also who are you in-game so I don't accidentally open it)

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Remind me if there's something special about Acid Spray in this game. It lowers Defense stats or something right? In PvP only? In short, is there any reason to take it on an Alolan Muk where Calcy IV says its DPS is low?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

SuperKlaus posted:

Remind me if there's something special about Acid Spray in this game. It lowers Defense stats or something right? In PvP only? In short, is there any reason to take it on an Alolan Muk where Calcy IV says its DPS is low?

It's brutal in PvP because it lowers defense, even through a shield.

Otherwise it's absolutely garbage for PvE or for doing actual damage. You pretty much just use it as a parting shot-gently caress you before muk dies.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Thanks to you and Ursine. It’s mine now.

Not the best there ever was, but plenty strong and I’m glad to have gotten it over with, especially since a shiny Bulbasaur ran off on me just before :unsmith:

E. Also got a chance to meet a neighbor at a raid this morning, wasn’t a big one but it was nice to have the support. Social gaming.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 8, 2019

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah but I think Jeff's point is that he lacks a bounty of balls to chuck probably because he lives rural or something. So therefore curve balls will reduce the number he needs to use in the future.

I mean, when I was rural I ended up with way more pokeballs than ultras/berries, so if push comes to shove I'd absolutely save the ultras for wild stuff I cared about vs. the "literally never going anywhere" research reward, but fair

(also I swear to god "having a spinda quest" is a guaranteed method of catching a research reward with the first unberried pokeball but that's neither here nor there)

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Thanks to you and Ursine. It’s mine now.

Not the best there ever was, but plenty strong and I’m glad to have gotten it over with, especially since a shiny Bulbasaur ran off on me just before :unsmith:

:toot:

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Feel free to open it whenever, I'm not really in a rush to get to level 40 (also who are you in-game so I don't accidentally open it)

Kk! PaschalRandolph in game. Also FYI I really appreciate the poetry of that name every time it pops up in game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Friend Code: 3808 6313 8906

I've added some of ya already, but I'm open to adding more.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Got my second 98IV Groudon today. So close lol

I traded a not so great one to my wife and it ended up as a 98IV as well.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I finally finally finally got my sharkboi today! :toot:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Brentleey we hit great friends when I open your gift (AftielTN here). Want to coordinate a time?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I finally finally finally got my sharkboi today! :toot:

Congrats!

PK
Apr 30, 2004

I loving finally hatched a goddamn Riolu today :shepicide:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

My shiny luck continues..? I just caught a shiny Torchic! It's a shame I already caught 11 on community day :bang:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Slightly Absurd posted:

My shiny luck continues..? I just caught a shiny Torchic! It's a shame I already caught 11 on community day :bang:

Full odds shinies of community days you were in always sucks. That one accidental gofest chicago boost day, all my main account saw was shiny swinubs :negative:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I caught a shiny larvitar recently. Prior to the community day I probably would've lost my mind.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

My last non-community day shiny was latias on 5/18.

Been dry for me since including go fests.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Caught a shiny Caterpie yesterday. Last shiny was CD Torchic.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
I’ve been on a little shiny streak lately. Caught a shiny Caterpie on my son’s account, then a shiny Zigzagoon on my main one. Then snagged a Rosalia yesterday and got a shiny Latios as my 7 day reward today!

Which means I’m done finding them until community day 😩

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Neat. I recently joined the local facebook group, and I just posted about my excess Torchics, jokingly saying "I'd be willing to part with one for a simple Unown or a shiny legendary," and I pretty quickly found someone with too many Unowns and no Shiny Torchics!

Pretty rad for me, since Unown is the only one I'm missing from Johto, and also because I didn't really expect anyone to take my trade suggestion seriously, especially since later in the same post I clarified that I was really just looking to offload my extra shinies on to someone who might appreciate them more. 'Cause outside of Eevee, it seems kinda pointless to have a ton of extra shinies layin' around

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Shiny Charmander and Dratini remain in high want out here from the CDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
What’s the deal with guaranteed lucky trades from those two months in 2016? I still have a decent number of Pokémon from back then kicking around, and did a bunch of trades w/ one account to get luckies. However, our most recent 08/2016 trade wasn’t lucky, so it seems like they’ve run out for us. Could I still get guaranteed luckies if I traded those 08/16 mons with someone else though?

TIA!