Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:discourse:

Okay now someone add Trump after the picture reforms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

No no keep the original but then the glass reforms in the image of trump

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
if someone does it please use this trump thx

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Parity warning posted:

if someone does it please use this trump thx

That new Call of Cthulhu game really does a great job capturing the Innsmouth look.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

i forget did that have stone cold's theme over it

Dec 26, 2012

ben carson made a point of telling everyone repeatedly that he absolutely tried to murder someone

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

01011001 posted:

ben carson made a point of telling everyone repeatedly that he absolutely tried to murder someone

lmao and he's our hud secretary and I just remembered that

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

01011001 posted:

I know this cool old christian minister lady that knows Ben Carson personally from back in the day. When he came up in a conversation about local housing issues she just started screaming "BEN CARSON IS loving STUPID, THERE"S NO OTHER WAY TO SAY IT, I KNOWN HIM 40 YEARS AND HE'S JUST STUPID"

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

01011001 posted:

I think about the headline that went something like Ben Carson defends himself against accusation he did not stab child sometimes and lol softly to myself

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lol http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2015/11/ben-carson-may-have-never-stabbed-anyone.html

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

lmao and he's our hud secretary and I just remembered that

after saying he wouldn't want to be secretary of HHS because he would be unqualified for the job (even though he was a neurosurgeon). HUD was definitely a better fit, lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

http://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1147674075134738432

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmfao

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Reminder that there was going to be "shattered glass" confetti for Clinton's acceptance speech; this confetti had to be unloaded from the cannons the next day.

Also, Clinton was too upset (or too drunk) to address the crowd on Election Night.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Instead they pushed totally normal not-pedophile John Podesta onto the stage to tell the donors to go home, lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it’s pedOHsta. Not PEDO-staah.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
presdent excused a serial pedophile rapist as liking beautiful women as much as he does but a little on the young side

lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

zegermans posted:

man I'll never forget the sinking feeling I got the first time I saw that gif

Lol Trump legit picked up several points in the polls from this. So many people itching for an excuse to not vote for her. Absolutely terrible candidate.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
She was just swooning over how electable she was

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

that hillary clinton stuck with bill clintons raping cheating rear end out of political expidiency and 16 years later when she finally runs for president he ends up being nothing but a gross patriarchal albatross upon her whole campaign. talk about a massive self own lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

babypolis posted:

that hillary clinton stuck with bill clintons raping cheating rear end out of political expidiency and 16 years later when she finally runs for president he ends up being nothing but a gross patriarchal albatross upon her whole campaign. talk about a massive self own lol

ironically he was her only good advisor and was telling her to go campaign in the rust belt and poo poo like that

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

WampaLord posted:

ironically he was her only good advisor and was telling her to go campaign in the rust belt and poo poo like that

you can get some dumbass who says extremely obvious political strategy anywhere. finding a guy who completely invalidates the fact that your opponent is a gross rapist, now thats the real magic

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

when a bunch of hillary volunteers drove to michigan to volunteer but they were told their services weren't needed so they had to turn around and drive back

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Smirking_Serpent posted:

when a bunch of hillary volunteers drove to michigan to volunteer but they were told their services weren't needed so they had to turn around and drive back

counterpoint: keeping hillary volunteers from interacting with voters was probably a good move

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

man I'll never forget the sinking feeling I got the first time I saw that gif

Her own, personal, 9/11

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

babypolis posted:

babypolis posted:

you can get some dumbass who says extremely obvious political strategy anywhere. finding a guy who completely invalidates the fact that your opponent is a gross rapist, now thats the real magic

sure sure but the thing is bubba actually won the presidency and she most likely would have had she listened to the albatross

and that's some funny politics poo poo

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

They weren't just told they weren't needed, they were actually ordered by the campaign to turn around and go back to Iowa because the Almighty Polling Models had Clinton +5 in MI.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

MD2020 posted:

They weren't just told they weren't needed, they were actually ordered by the campaign to turn around and go back to Iowa because the Almighty Polling Models had Clinton +5 in MI.

wasn't the polling some silicon valley esque algorithm that was completely botched

i want to laugh about it that i suddenly remembered, but i don't remember how loving exactly stupid it was

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-daily-news_n_5704779ce4b0a506064d8df5

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
My favorite.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

wasn't the polling some silicon valley esque algorithm that was completely botched

i want to laugh about it that i suddenly remembered, but i don't remember how loving exactly stupid it was
A couple of things happened. First, Hillary's campaign didn't poll anywhere near enough in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. By the time they realized something was potentially wrong, it was way late in the game.

Second, all polls have to apply a "likely voter model", whether they're public polls or internal polls. Essentially, they guess at what the eventual demographic representation of the voters will be, then use that on the polling sample they took to extrapolate the results.

Most pollsters in 2016 were wrong about that likely voter model, and the problem was compounded by most of them being wrong in the same way, which is a known phenomenon called herding.

So most of the public polling was not only wrong, it was wrong in a way that reinforced their misconception that Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania were safe.

Third, and this is the really funny poo poo, when they did find out that they were wrong, they decided not to do anything about it, because they were afraid it might set off a panic that Dread Abuela was in trouble and might lose. Let that one sink in for a moment.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Third, and this is the really funny poo poo, when they did find out that they were wrong, they decided not to do anything about it, because they were afraid it might set off a panic that Dread Abuela was in trouble and might lose. Let that one sink in for a moment.

Given the democrats' reaction to losing one could argue that not wanting to deal with it at that point was the smarter move. If they react this way to actual reality, how well do you think they'd have accepted a prediction like that? I know what I'd have done in their shoes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

iirc they were worried she would win the electoral and not popular at one point, and so they ran a bunch of extra ads in loving california???

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

LastInLine posted:

Given the democrats' reaction to losing one could argue that not wanting to deal with it at that point was the smarter move. If they react this way to actual reality, how well do you think they'd have accepted a prediction like that? I know what I'd have done in their shoes.

Their reaction was understandable in the moment, I'll grant, but given how close the margins ended up being, it's indefensible in hindsight. The entire operation couldn't conceive of losing and everything they did was predicated on that. It's why they threw money into running up vote totals in solid blue areas that wouldn't affect the electoral college results.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Their reaction was understandable in the moment, I'll grant, but given how close the margins ended up being, it's indefensible in hindsight. The entire operation couldn't conceive of losing and everything they did was predicated on that. It's why they threw money into running up vote totals in solid blue areas that wouldn't affect the electoral college results.

I'd agree with you if there was any chance they'd have been listened to, but we both know (and you stated) that "the entire operation couldn't conceive of losing" and they would've been personally harmed for no benefit. Better to take the money and the L and just move on as some battles just aren't winnable.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

LastInLine posted:

I'd agree with you if there was any chance they'd have been listened to, but we both know (and you stated) that "the entire operation couldn't conceive of losing" and they would've been personally harmed for no benefit. Better to take the money and the L and just move on as some battles just aren't winnable.

Sorry, I'm not blaming the pollsters (the potential inaccurate likely voter screen aside). All the blame lies with the top campaign staff and Hillary herself who got so high on their own supply that they ran one of the most incompetent political campaigns in living memory.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Azathoth posted:

I volunteered for Hillary in my home county in PA, one of the biggest swings from Obama to Trump (and a large enough one to almost completely make up the deficit she lost by in the state) and there was absolutely no panic there, just a push for me to really get people into gear for the downticket and I ran into a person who threatened me with a gun who was listed as a likely Hill voter lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

I volunteered for Hillary in my home county in PA, one of the biggest swings from Obama to Trump (and a large enough one to almost completely make up the deficit she lost by in the state) and there was absolutely no panic there, just a push for me to really get people into gear for the downticket and I ran into a person who threatened me with a gun who was listed as a likely Hill voter lol

that's cool you got to meet her though

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
but the AlGoRiThM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

lmao