Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

yas qween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Current event: America, gently caress yeah.
So can we stop trying to make men's soccer happen in the US? Our women are a lot better. It could be the first major league sport where the women's league is the premier and the men's is on the Ocho.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stultus Maximus posted:

So can we stop trying to make men's soccer happen in the US? Our women are a lot better. It could be the first major league sport where the women's league is the premier and the men's is on the Ocho.

This would probably make Trump have the embolism he's been working on since the mid-90s, so dear God 1000% yes.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

this but unironically

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

People are less inclined to give their kids TBI playing AMERICA'S SPORT and soccer keeps growing here, so our massive talent pool will pay off eventually.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

People are less inclined to give their kids TBI playing AMERICA'S SPORT and soccer keeps growing here, so our massive talent pool will pay off eventually.

Dude it's the same poo poo as lacrosse where the only investment comes from upper-middle-class white parents sending their kids to multi-thousand dollar camps.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

scott walker doesnt eat rear end

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo I'll be honest that 'pizza' must be a really Midwest thing because my mom's made one like it several times when I was growing up. I had a moment of nostalgia before I remembered real food exists

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Iron Rose posted:

this but unironically

:whitewater:

Best Friends posted:

Edit: the official Epstein story is that he went from nobody banker who was fired for fraud, to high school physics teacher at an exclusive private school, to (?????), and then all of a sudden has a nine figure net worth as a financier Playboy. There's a lot of questions on what exactly his money was about.

So basically there's no way he doesn't "fall down the stairs" before trial gets underway

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EBB posted:

scott walker doesnt eat rear end

He eats the hole.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Dunno, he was kind of a nobody Senator until Obama picked him so he wasn't a big enough player to be hanging with Epstein back in the 90s and 00s with Trump and the Clinton's. Now of course it's certainly possible Biden was dumb enough to jump on Epstein Airlines after he got out.

I'm figuring since he's basically doing a metoo in every picture he's in with a female regardless of their age he sure seems like an appropriate candidate.

Slim Pickens posted:

Yo I'll be honest that 'pizza' must be a really Midwest thing because my mom's made one like it several times when I was growing up. I had a moment of nostalgia before I remembered real food exists

I'm not, nor have I ever been, a Midwesterner but my mom tried the cracker/sauce/cheese/pepperoni thing with me when I was a kid and we never did it again because it sucked balls.

Milo and POTUS posted:

:whitewater:

So basically there's no way he doesn't "fall down the stairs" before trial gets underway

First thing that went through my mind when I saw the story was that the butler is going to be dead very soon. Then I found out he was already dead :tinfoil:
Second thing was that Trump is going to tweet that it's a fake news witch hunt but that the Clinton and Alec Baldwin parts are definitely true though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/07/deutsche-bank-will-exit-its-global-equities-business-and-scale-back-investment-bank.html

quote:

Deutsche Bank announced Sunday that it will pull out of global equities sales and trading, scale back investment banking and slash thousands of jobs as part of a sweeping restructuring plan to improve profitability.

Deutsche will cut 18,000 jobs for a global headcount of around 74,000 employees by 2022. The bank aims to reduce adjusted costs by a quarter to 17 billion euros ($19 billion) over the next several years.

The German bank’s decision to scale back investment banking comes just two days after investment banking chief Garth Ritchie stepped down by “mutual agreement.”
Deutsche reached a $7.2 billion settlement with the U.S. Justice Department in January 2017 for allegedly misleading investors in the sale of mortgage-backed securities in the lead-up to the 2008 financial crisis. Weeks later, the bank was slapped with a $630 million fine over allegations of Russian money laundering.

Those penalties came two years after the bank paid a $2.5 billion fine to U.S. and U.K. regulators for allegedly participating in a scheme to rig interest rates.

Deutsche has come under renewed scrutiny in the U.S. over its business relationship with President Donald Trump. The House Intelligence and Financial Services Committees subpoenaed Deutsche in April for records on Trump’s finances.

Trump and his family sought to have that subpoena squashed in court, but a federal judge ruled the bank can turn over financial documents to House Democrats.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Holy poo poo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Dunno, he was kind of a nobody Senator until Obama picked him

Well that's certainly a take.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

Well that's certainly a take.

Yeah the correct put down would be "perennial comedy presidential candidate"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Yeah, this is pretty shocking tbh. I'm guessing this organization was not in compliance with accepted standards of good behavior!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've been saying this since 2012 and I maintain that this is the correct course of action

The Iron Rose posted:

this but unironically

You're "unironically" the loving worst

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Look all I wanna know is how high the blyat meter on the sub is

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

:nsa: :nsa: :nsa:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Judging by the graphic the whole crew died. Or not, who knows comrade. Eat your ration.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Not good, not terrible.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

3.6 сука блять/h, not great, not terrible

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

Judging by the graphic the whole crew died. Or not, who knows comrade. Eat your ration.

But I didnt get a ration

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/skenigsberg/status/1147923363169480706

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

But I didnt get a ration

If the rest of the crew is dead, sounds like you’ve got plenty! :ussr:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

But I didnt get a ration

That's counterrevolutionary talk comrade

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

But I didnt get a ration

Sounds like you got your ration to me.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Slim Pickens posted:

Somebody brought that in to a potluck at work a few years ago as a vegetarian pizza. It was good enough as a finger snack.

A vegan pizza from Whole Food is really good though and I recommend everyone try it at least once.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vegan pizza at Whole Foods? Like at their hot food bar? I don't recall seeing it before.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Or, as an alternative, don't go to Whole Foods

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The only stuff I can eat that’s vegan, is stuff that doesn’t try to be non vegan food. I’ll eat the hell out of a regular vegan meal plan, but when people have to say things like “you don’t even notice it’s not cheese!” I immediately think about how much better actual cheese would be.

The only caveat is soy chorizo from Trader Joe’s. I’ll eat that all day.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Richard Bong posted:

The only stuff I can eat that’s vegan, is stuff that doesn’t try to be non vegan food. I’ll eat the hell out of a regular vegan meal plan, but when people have to say things like “you don’t even notice it’s not cheese!” I immediately think about how much better actual cheese would be.

I love vegetarian bacon, but I eat it knowing its not real bacon and can't even be compared.

Thats how I approach most vegetarian X things, and very little of it has been horrible.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hahahaha ~Big Crystal Marianne~ emailed all her supporters and asked them to donate $1 to Mike Gravel to get him into the debates

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1147978473065111552

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mike gravel wants to do national rail

gently caress yeah mike gravel

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

This guy gets it. Vegetarian/vegan Indian/SE Asian food is incredible because it doesn't try to make soy pretend to be chicken nuggets.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Richard Bong posted:

Agreed but the beyond burger and beyond sausages I tried were pretty good.

Still not as good as the real thing but good enough that if they were cheaper I'd willingly substitute some of my meat consumption for the sake of not making the earth uninhabitable.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

This guy gets it. Vegetarian/vegan Indian/SE Asian food is incredible because it doesn't try to make soy pretend to be chicken nuggets.

It took me awhile to realize how close to eating vegetarian I was with Korean food. Now I'm picky about the kinds of seaweed I enjoy.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

white vegans are loving dipshits that eat tofu with no spice over white rice

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also anyone that chooses to not eat honey because of ethical reasons is dumb as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

also anyone that chooses to not eat honey because of ethical reasons is dumb as gently caress

My intuition agrees with you (bees = more plants = more produce and more carbon removed from atmosphere) but I lack the details to back you up; what's your rationale?