Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I read something earlier that De Laurentiis was considering casting Wanda in the latest Christmas trash movie in order to get Icardi at a better price.

omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

I read something earlier that De Laurentiis was considering casting Wanda in the latest Christmas trash movie in order to get Icardi at a better price.

if this happens and he does go to Napoli I will become an unironic Icardi stan

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Actually they just want a kawaii Asian gf like the animes

also true and why I live in Asia now ftw

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

wooger posted:

Which major cities, and what industries are predominant in them?

What about classic MLS retirement, maybe LA?

quote:

Shanghai, the best case example, is ultra polluted. The internet is censored, there are concentration camps for Muslims etc.

At least the internet isn't censored?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

also true and why I live in Asia now ftw

I need pwm for the updates!!!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Now you can gently caress your best friends gf and say it's part of the culture

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Actually they just want a kawaii Asian gf like the animes

why did Hazard go to Spain, then?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

didn't know you took over from Wanda as Icardi's agent

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

Out pops a smiling Alan Pardew

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Tyrone Mings to Villa for £26m? In a window full of baffling player valuations this might be the most mental one yet. I remember back when he played for Ipswich I posted on this very dead gay forum that he'd be a £20m player one day and now its happening I just think wtf. He signed for Bournemouth for £8m, spent 4 years being injured and benched, goes out on loan to the division below and has half a good season and now he's worth a Drogba?

It seems like transfer fees are now entirely dictated by the financial status of the two clubs involved rather than anything to do with the player.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Tyrone Mings to Villa for £26m? In a window full of baffling player valuations this might be the most mental one yet. I remember back when he played for Ipswich I posted on this very dead gay forum that he'd be a £20m player one day and now its happening I just think wtf. He signed for Bournemouth for £8m, spent 4 years being injured and benched, goes out on loan to the division below and has half a good season and now he's worth a Drogba?

It seems like transfer fees are now entirely dictated by the financial status of the two clubs involved rather than anything to do with the player.

Bournemouth would be insane not to take that. It's £26m for a player that isn't even in their plans next season.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Out pops a smiling Alan Pardew

That's Alan "chunky" pardew and of all the insane football rumours I believe it

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

That's Alan "chunky" pardew and of all the insane football rumours I believe it

for anyone wondering the rumor is that Pards eats loads of pineapple chunks to make his cum taste sweet for all the ladies he beds

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Shrapnig posted:

Bournemouth would be insane not to take that. It's £26m for a player that isn't even in their plans next season.

I am all for Bournemouth getting rich and not concentrating on their finances

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Weaponized Cum posted:

it was his ex gf!!!!

oh and umm Sean Longstaff for seventy billion dollars lol, yeah might as well sign him he's probably amazing. Ole, Ole Ole Ole

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

wooger posted:

Which major cities, and what industries are predominant in them?

Shanghai, the best case example, is ultra polluted. The internet is censored, there are concentration camps for Muslims etc.

The industrial shitholes where the non-Shanghai teams play are more polluted, and have less going on than Shanghai, especially for people who aren’t fluent in Chinese.

Rich footballers can be taken care of and be insulated from this, but it’s still grim.

This is me except I’ve replaced China with America and it holds up

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

hadji murad posted:

This is me except I’ve replaced China with America and it holds up

Chinese air quality is another level of horrible, but whatever gives you a chuckle is okay with me.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Star Error posted:

A Drogba, adjusted for inflation is in fact £36m in today’s money, OP. Using one of Drog’s contemporaries, Mings is more of a Damien Duff who cost £25.6m.

Which brings me on to our usual TRP yardstick...the Andy Carroll is now worth £42m.

gently caress we’re old.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I’ve also heard more like 20 million even

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48876616

Arnautovic to Shanghai is done

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

julian assflange posted:

A Drogba, adjusted for inflation is in fact £36m in today’s money, OP. Using one of Drog’s contemporaries, Mings is more of a Damien Duff who cost £25.6m.

Which brings me on to our usual TRP yardstick...the Andy Carroll is now worth £42m.

gently caress we’re old.

Wasn't Carroll's actual transfer fee at the time something silly like £35,017,000 or something? I mean yes paying £35M for him in itself is ludicrous but just the random extra cost for like extra tape for the physic or whatever.

But yeah, getting old sucks. I remember when you could get a Shearer for a few million quid or a McManaman on a free :corsair:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Whorelord posted:

Ralf Fährmann to Norwich on a season long loan from Schalke is a done deal

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1147172945229303813

Looks a tidy player, I think he could go a long way my dude.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 8, 2019

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Zaha has apparently asked to leave the Ivory Coast squad to sort out his future.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sticksy posted:

Wasn't Carroll's actual transfer fee at the time something silly like £35,017,000 or something? I mean yes paying £35M for him in itself is ludicrous but just the random extra cost for like extra tape for the physic or whatever.

But yeah, getting old sucks. I remember when you could get a Shearer for a few million quid or a McManaman on a free :corsair:

£35,012,000 because Liverpool were late paying so they charged interest.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Gerrard has rejected Mike Ashely's approach to get him as next Newcastle manager.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

this is great news tbh, we've hosed him off before he's had time to come to pre-season and disrupt everything and seems like we might be getting Maxi Gomez from Celta as a replacement, who i've never heard of before but might be good????

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

sticksy posted:

They addded interest for a late payment or something.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Gerrard has rejected Mike Ashely's approach to get him as next Newcastle manager.

Rio is next

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Super Sol Campbell surely

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Bogan Krkic posted:

this is great news tbh, we've hosed him off before he's had time to come to pre-season and disrupt everything and seems like we might be getting Maxi Gomez from Celta as a replacement, who i've never heard of before but might be good????

How will you feel when West Ham inevitably ends up signing Sturridge on a free transfer?

Also, I just realised Sturridge will turn 30 in September. :staredog:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Liverpool are signing 16-year old Harvey Elliott from Fulham. I guess that's cool.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3896529/sources-liverpool-beat-barcareal-to-elliott

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MrBling posted:

How will you feel when West Ham inevitably ends up signing Sturridge on a free transfer?

Danny Welbeck is also available on a free.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Diva Cupcake posted:

Liverpool are signing 16-year old Harvey Elliott from Fulham. I guess that's cool.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3896529/sources-liverpool-beat-barcareal-to-elliott

This isn't cool at all

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

MrBling posted:

Javier 'Chicharito' 'Little Pea' Hernandez will just end up playing a lot more games than he did last season if that happens

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tielemans made permanent for 40m is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1148260495792754690

End the window now tbh

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Awesome for LCFC.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/avfcofficial/status/1148269328036507648?s=21
£20m base fee that could rise to £27m. Gotta love the English Tax.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
So Villa have signed Mings and El-Ghazi, who they had on loan last season, and replaced Tammy Abraham with some Brazilian from the Belgian league, thus spending £50m to make their squad slightly worse than it was at the end of the season.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle are the only premier league team not to sign anyone yet lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/avfcofficial/status/1148269328036507648?s=21
£20m base fee that could rise to £27m. Gotta love the English Tax.

Best signing we could have made this window imo. Expensive but then Bournemouth knew we were desperate to get him.