Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Technically, that's still pacifism magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Good way to keep him alive.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least til Audrey cuts him down.

And nice backup plan for your sword getting stolen, Audrey.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Synthbuttrange posted:

At least til Audrey cuts him down.

And nice backup plan for your sword getting stolen, Audrey.

And trees don't think, or feel pain, so if he is killed despite their best efforts, an axed Dead Tree Lyndon only sends back "I think I died of thirst, maybe?"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"huh, I fell over but didnt make any noise."

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
When a tree gets old, you can take cuttings from it and re-grow the tree. They've discovered a way to keep Lyndon alive indefinitely!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

maltesh posted:

And trees don't think, or feel pain

Plants actually react to aggression, stress, and other stimuli, despite not having a central nervous system like animals do. They think and feel, just in a very different way from how animals do, which makes quantifying their capabilities kind of hard.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Man, this makes Flesh to Stone seem so underpowered.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That's pretty ingenious, and tbh Audrey should probably just cut her losses and say welp guess we just kill you instead.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

They're prepared against incapacitating pacifism magic, and the lower jouster doesn't get to make any dumb decisions in the wheelchair-cart.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I like how this is the place that took every possible precaution to keep Lyndon alive and happy, and then their plan B for if he escapes was apparently one guy with a net and three creatures with swords the size of his torso.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Oh my god those are anti-sleep-spell devices on their wrists

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

xiw posted:

This is such a good catch, that's hilarious.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're prepared for everything... Everything except... Bananas!

*circus music commences*

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

xiw posted:

They should’ve set those up so that they were hidden - that way they could bait Lyndon into casting a sleep spell, which would set the device off and cause him to lose all his magic.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lyndon's all set for an End Boss battle. Can he win without hurting anybody?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think my favourite part of all this is how far off the rails the simulation has gone. Lyndon's entire life and death in the simulation has absolutely nothing to do with how he would actually live and die in the real world, because as soon as one person inside the simulation knew it wasn't the real world, they changed the outcome. If Lyndon were to catch a stray bullet or something and die all of a sudden, it wouldn't tell real-world Lyndon anything about his future death, because his future death in the real world will have nothing to do with any of the things that got him into this position inside the simulation.

It's really classic Thorsby in that he's taken a generic magical concept like "sceptre that sees the future and tells you how you die", thought out the mechanics of how it could function, and then stretched those mechanics to a logical but completely absurd extreme, to the point that the initial concept loses almost all meaning. I love it.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Oh no, they are trapped. Time for go with your standard plan of action Audrey.

Murder Lyndon.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I like how the new chapter is called "Bristlecone", the longest-lived tree in the world.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats a good plan though, if Audrey holds him hostage against people trying to capture him. :v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If your host asks if you're afraid of snakes, say yes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

is the place just full to bursting with snakes now?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

is the place just full to bursting with snakes now?

Those snakes that put you to sleep I bet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ah just what I need, a good rest

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

At first glance I thought the blue snake was wearing a little hat.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

That is a meticulous diversity of snakes.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Red on yellow, kill a fellow.
Red on black, poison lack.
Purple polka dots on sky, say goodbye.
Wavy green line, you'll be fine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is the second greatest work of snake related content I've seen this month. Best is the Great Serpent of Ronka from the new Final Fantasy 14 expansion (SCREE!).

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I love the ambassador's efforts so much.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The Silver Snail posted:

That is a meticulous diversity of snakes.

If only Klara were here...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
But why are those snakes on the ceiling? They would have been telefragged instantly, if they had just plastered the floor with them.

Relevant Tangent posted:

I love the ambassador's efforts so much.
Wasn't the ambassador the guy who offed himself in prison?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

cant cook creole bream posted:

But why are those snakes on the ceiling? They would have been telefragged instantly, if they had just plastered the floor with them.

Yeah, I'm not quite getting the plan here but as it's Thorsby, he'll have already thought this out 12 steps ahead.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
If the snakes were on the floor, they'd move around and get underfoot all the time.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think Lyndon and Audrey just got really lucky. The snakes are hanging from the ceiling such that two people standing up, teleporting into the room at random, would have been overwhelmingly likely to intersect with at least one of them.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

"Are you afraid of snakes?" "Not irrationally" is such a good exchange

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Emrikol posted:

If the snakes were on the floor, they'd move around and get underfoot all the time.

So they can still use that room and the floor space for stuff I guess.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I love how Audrey seems to have become the protagonist by virtue of everyone else dying or disappearing, and is mostly motivated by revenge, bloodlust, and hedonism.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

Wasn't the ambassador the guy who offed himself in prison?

Snakes could kill each other, they still need to be able to use the rooms for stuff. Honestly it’s kind of cheap that Lyndon was able to successfully teleport into a room, but Thorsby is a goddamn genius so I don’t mind that much

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Wait five comics, any of those snakes dying is directly related to Lyndon teleporting in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Well at least Lyndon is willing to admit how silly he was, even if it's sarcastically.