Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

MorgaineDax posted:

There's some new collections up on Netflix, including almost all the season premieres of Trebek's run. They're in pretty decent quality too.

Marvel at how young he looks!

I miss the old blue and white late 80s/early 90s set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Is there anywhere to see any of Chuck Forrest's full games? He was on in season 2

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yes, but you have to jump bounce around between different videos at various timestamps.

:v:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm disgusted by the George Bush category.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lmao at Alex accidentally giving away the location of the last daily double

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Watching the first of the old Jeopardy episodes on Netflix and it’s jarring that the contestants are so demonstrative

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

Watching the first of the old Jeopardy episodes on Netflix and it’s jarring that the contestants are so demonstrative

I'd love for the Barbara Lowe episodes to surface. Besides being banned after winning on Jeopardy for lying about her background, she supposedly argued with Alex over an incorrect answer.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

FB peanut gallery was very vocally up in arms about the former champ holding his buzzer too close to his mic and producing audible clicking again, once again demonstrating that people who complain the most have the least idea of how things work (the contestant coordinators tell us in the Green Room before taping to jam the shot outta those buzzers so we have the best chance of ringing in first, but people keep thinking that pressing the button once will allow you to make it instead, as if you would have perfect buzzer timing anticipating the lights every single question).

Hopefully, now that he’s lost, the complaints will die down again until they’re brought up against the next successful contestant who finds it more comfortable to hold their buzzer close to their chest or whatever.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

FB peanut gallery was very vocally up in arms about the former champ holding his buzzer too close to his mic and producing audible clicking again, once again demonstrating that people who complain the most have the least idea of how things work (the contestant coordinators tell us in the Green Room before taping to jam the shot outta those buzzers so we have the best chance of ringing in first, but people keep thinking that pressing the button once will allow you to make it instead, as if you would have perfect buzzer timing anticipating the lights every single question).

Hopefully, now that he’s lost, the complaints will die down again until they’re brought up against the next successful contestant who finds it more comfortable to hold their buzzer close to their chest or whatever.

Holy loving God, dude, we get it, you were on Jeopardy, and you met Maggie, and Alex, and this that and the other. All this "peanut gallery" bullshit is starting to get really nauseating. People are allowed to not enjoy things.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
For example: I did not enjoy Timby's post.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CPColin posted:

For example: I did not enjoy Timby's post.

Put on a big ol' smile.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Timby posted:

Put on a big ol' smile.

Your mother!

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

CPColin posted:

Your mother!

Ahem, that's "Who is your mother!?"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm a big fan of Baby Champion

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Poque posted:

I'm a big fan of Baby Champion
Adult Iain Armitage is doing a pretty good job, yeah

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
I liked that true daily double too. Sad it didn't work out for him, but it was the right play

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

User posted:

I liked that true daily double too. Sad it didn't work out for him, but it was the right play
Contestants seem to be finally figuring out on the whole this season that you don't get to keep the money unless you win

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Timby posted:

Holy loving God, dude, we get it, you were on Jeopardy, and you met Maggie, and Alex, and this that and the other. All this "peanut gallery" bullshit is starting to get really nauseating. People are allowed to not enjoy things.

Thanks for leading to my first red text av, btw. Hope it was :5bux: well spent.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 7, 2019

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I remember when you promised to stop posting about owning the peanut gallery Boomers on the Facebook page and looking it up, that was 3 years ago. And it's embedded in my mind because of someone posting "don't mess with the J! Street Boyz" at you and it's a beautiful phrase.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

Thanks for leading to my first red text av, btw. Hope it was :5bux: well spent.

Wasn't me, and anyway, to change one's own av is five bucks. To change another's is :10bux:.

MorgaineDax posted:

I remember when you promised to stop posting about owning the peanut gallery Boomers on the Facebook page and looking it up, that was 3 years ago. And it's embedded in my mind because of someone posting "don't mess with the J! Street Boyz" at you and it's a beautiful phrase.

I think he promised to stop after he said something like "we Jeopardy crew roll deep" and a bunch of people made fun of him for it.

Edit: Found it:

GhostStalker posted:

Know this: we Jeopardy! Contestants all have each others' back, and we do roll deep on social media.

Timby fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 7, 2019

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm an rear end in a top hat shitposter and ghoststalker doesn't bother me none.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timby posted:

Wasn't me, and anyway, to change one's own av is five bucks. To change another's is :10bux:.

lol owned

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Timby posted:

I am a dumb. Oh well. Probs the guy who posted the red text in the first place.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Every time i see a tweet from somebody with an avatar of alex and themselves i'm invariably gritting my teeth before i even finish it.

Like, good lord, base your identity on something else, you were a one-day champion in 1995.

This obviously isn't directed at you GS just kind of a general gripe at the (very loud) former contestants who shoehorn in their personal experience every time someone says "Jeopardy" or "alex trebek" or "what is" and make the hashtag impossible to follow when i'm watching an episode live

"don't mess with the J! street boyz" is... wonderful.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i dunno i'd probably do the same thing - getting on jeopardy would be a dream come true.

even saw a woman on tinder recently whose first pic was her on the show.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
How many good opening lines to you think she's gets out of that pic.

"Hey, baby. I want to pound you the way a contestant pounds the buzzer when Alex finishes talking. Obnoxiously loud and upsetting to everyone else in the room."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

i dunno i'd probably do the same thing - getting on jeopardy would be a dream come true.

The best I can hope for is a very confused looking Alex as I run up and have someone snap a quick picture as I'm about to be beaten senseless by body guards.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

I will tell you, it comes at any party. My wife never brings up being on Jeopardy, but as long as one friend at a parry knows (pretty likely) they will bring it up to everyone.

It is fun to talk about, but yeah, it’s a very consistent “what do you have to do to get on jeopardy?” Question that always has to be answered.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

I will tell you, it comes at any party. My wife never brings up being on Jeopardy, but as long as one friend at a parry knows (pretty likely) they will bring it up to everyone.

It is fun to talk about, but yeah, it’s a very consistent “what do you have to do to get on jeopardy?” Question that always has to be answered.

this, and it's annoying as gently caress.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

abelwingnut posted:

this, and it's annoying as gently caress.

I'm pretty sure that just comes with the territory of being on TV, I'm sure plenty of people who've been deemed "not the father," get asked similar questions all the time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Your wife should refuse to entertain any queries about the show that are not phrased as statements

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Pro tip: go on a moribund show like yours truly (Millionaire in 2018). Nobody saw it, and nobody cares enough to ask about it! I wasn't recognized in public one time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spokes posted:

Pro tip: go on a moribund show like yours truly (Millionaire in 2018). Nobody saw it, and nobody cares enough to ask about it! I wasn't recognized in public one time

I actually forgot that show existed until Thursday after watching a couple episodes of Stranger Things, I caught the last 10 minutes of an episode which contained a Stranger Things question.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I was recognized in public once, by a stranger literally the day after it aired. I was like OH drat IS THIS MY LIFE NOW but then nobody ever recognized me again, luckily

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, this.

Anne Whateley posted:

I was recognized in public once, by a stranger literally the day after it aired. I was like OH drat IS THIS MY LIFE NOW but then nobody ever recognized me again, luckily
I was recognized a couple of times in public in the day or two after my episodes aired, I think in part because someone was watching and posted about it in the local Facebook group with like 20k members, and then a couple of times after the local paper ran a full-page article about it.

In the months since, it's happened a couple of times that someone has gone "hey you're that lady that was on Jeopardy!" But yeah I'm glad it mostly ended pretty quickly haha.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 8, 2019

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Spokes posted:

My high school guidance counselor was on Millionaire during the peak Regis days. She got a very easy question about our own state wrong.

I'm sure no one recognizes her on the street now but it probably wasn't great for her at the time.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Alex Jacob won $20k on HQ and they're not paying him.

I mean, I doubt they actually have $20k to pay him with anymore but that sucks for him.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

HookShot posted:

Alex Jacob won $20k on HQ and they're not paying him.

I mean, I doubt they actually have $20k to pay him with anymore but that sucks for him.

They didn't pay any of the five winners from that day, and they wiped them all from the leaderboard so it's clear they have no plans to.

HQ is definitely insolvent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HQ was founded by the idiots who came up with Vine and whose sole purpose is to scam money out of VC investors, what did you expect?