Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krabboss posted:

I have. Now post your parses.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Krabboss posted:

You haven't! :) You've cited someone else's opinion being that it feels "awkward" to heal with, but their healing toolkit has only been expanded with oGCDs, and they're the healer that can best take advantage of that with the short cast time on combust; meanwhile WHM and SCH both have to deal with their lack of useful oGCDs to double weave and conversion to a single 30 second instant cast dot to conveniently clip with.

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/6caAYNtd3xFBwLbJ#boss=1045&difficulty=100&wipes=2

Minera fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 8, 2019

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Krabboss posted:

:laffo:

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Bandwagon rolls on:

Been super, super happy with this expansion so far, now time to start working on the other 4 classes that i'd like to hit 80 on in the near-ish future.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Minrad posted:

You haven't! :) You've cited someone else's opinion being that it feels "awkward" to heal with, but their healing toolkit has only been expanded with oGCDs, and they're the healer that can best take advantage of that with the short cast time on combust; meanwhile WHM and SCH both have to deal with their lack of useful oGCDs to double weave and conversion to a single 30 second instant cast dot to conveniently clip with.

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/6caAYNtd3xFBwLbJ#boss=1045&difficulty=100&wipes=2

Thank you for sharing. Grats on the clears.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Minrad posted:

for anyone else wanting to compare them, I overlaid the Norvrandt and Eorzea maps on each other.

Interesting that Gyr Abania and Xelphatol is there almost in full, and some of Dravania made it (although anything near Sohm Al and probably most of the hinterlands wouldn't have made it)

Wow, I can't believe they just recycled copy-pasted content again, just like 1.0.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

well, nice meltdown, I guess

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I just finished the lvl73 trial, I'm guessing that the somewhere along the way the WoD/WoL is going to suffer from the consequences of repeatedly consuming energy fields larger than her head and Mini-filia is going to sacrifice herself to somehow resolve that? I don't see how else things can go with all the comments other characters are making.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Algid posted:

I just finished the lvl73 trial, I'm guessing that the somewhere along the way the WoD/WoL is going to suffer from the consequences of repeatedly consuming energy fields larger than her head and Mini-filia is going to sacrifice herself to somehow resolve that? I don't see how else things can go with all the comments other characters are making.

Only one way to find out, gamer.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Minrad posted:

well, nice meltdown, I guess

Sorry I didn't feel like engaging with somebody who just kept repeating "not an argument! not an argument!" when I said AST is in a bad spot. You said they need higher healing potencies, the other person said they need more damage. I said they need both, the most correct statement of all.

I don't care what your parses are I just don't wanna talk to you anymore you weirdo.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Krabboss posted:

Sorry I didn't feel like engaging with somebody who just kept repeating "not an argument! not an argument!" when I said AST is in a bad spot. You said they need higher healing potencies, the other person said they need more damage. I said they need both, the most correct statement of all.

I don't care what your parses are I just don't wanna talk to you anymore you weirdo.

Sounding centrist there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Astrologian should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Astrologian should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

This poster knows what's up

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

a bunny leveling machinist gives you this look, wyd?

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

I will say that my husband had a 57th percentile DPS run on AST in a party finder group. His DPS was 3,300. His healing was 74th percentile, at 4,700 HPS.

The WHM in our group who we picked up on PF did 6,600 DPS and 4,800 HPS.

The run before we had a SCH. My husband had 3,250 DPS and 3,700 HPS. The SCH had 4,200 DPS and 5,100 HPS.

Even at 57th percentile, when you're really optimising your skills but not using potions/food buffs and not optimising party buffs, AST DPS sucks. And no matter what the other healers will poo poo out way more healing.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I finished the MSQ last night, and drat this was one hell of a good expansion. They've outdone themselves here in every way I think.

Some thoughts on the post-MSQ things: I really hate that Zenos is back. With everything in the First being super compelling it actually felt really lame to go back to him, especially since I didn't really like him that much in the first place. The stinger with Eden out in the desolation of light though was kickin rad. Bring it on!

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Finished the Shadowbringers MSQ

I have liked the beginning and loved the ending, but the middle kind of dragged for me.

Shadowbringers Spoilers
The drama between Thancred and Minfilia was super boring. I am not a fan of ingenues and angst created from not communicating. Both of them are my least favorite party members, and I wish we got more the Captain instead of them.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Krabboss posted:

I will say that my husband had a 57th percentile DPS run on AST in a party finder group. His DPS was 3,300. His healing was 74th percentile, at 4,700 HPS.

The WHM in our group who we picked up on PF did 6,600 DPS and 4,800 HPS.

The run before we had a SCH. My husband had 3,250 DPS and 3,700 HPS. The SCH had 4,200 DPS and 5,100 HPS.

Even at 57th percentile, when you're really optimising your skills but not using potions/food buffs and not optimising party buffs, AST DPS sucks. And no matter what the other healers will poo poo out way more healing.

i don't see raid dps represented here, which seems like ast's entire gimmick and would be important to evaluating their place as healers

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

CYBEReris posted:

i don't see raid dps represented here, which seems like ast's entire gimmick and would be important to evaluating their place as healers

As I said earlier, AST isn't being taken into the top parties pretty much ever. I know that's their gimmick, but their personal DPS is too low for it to matter.

And really, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the things but doing quests and stuff in the overworld as AST is a total bummer.

Krabboss fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 8, 2019

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Generally the consensus I've heard seems to be that WHMs feel really good (my personal experience backs this up), SCH feels good if a little lacking in offense compared to WHM (I think this is by design due to SCH's access to mp efficient shields and better off GCD abilities), and AST feels like they are struggling.

What it seems to come down to is:

- Offense is very lacking compared to both SCH and WHM in a way that card buffs are not making up for
- They are only marginally better than WHMs in terms of off-GCD healing
- They seem to pay for their shield/regen versatility in MP efficiency and they get tuckered out faster than the other healers.

Now, something big to keep in mind is that Square is doing a significant balance pass in a couple of weeks when Eden comes out based on both player feedback and server stats that we don't have, so the state of the game now isn't not reflective upon how things will be when proper raiding starts. I would guess there are going to be measures taken to give AST (and other struggling classes like SUM and NIN) a bit of a shot in the arm.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Joining the bandwagon (sorry for chat window, I keep hitting enter and opening it, though half the time it's cause I've clicked through dialog and need to review the event log)

I know liking AST is contentious right now but I'm still enjoying it and will be taking it into savage content with a friend group static so hopefully it'll work out well. I am tempted to level a CNJ/WHM to see how the difference feels once I get it up there but thinking I'll probably level my WAR more first and/or DNC. As I've said before I like the new cards and I like my new oGCD heal options, just still working it all into the muscle memory, though I think I'm doing OK for a casual idiot.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

I would guess there are going to be measures taken to give AST (and other struggling classes like SUM and NIN) a bit of a shot in the arm.

Same here. I don't think they're unplayable, but they're not quite measuring up to SCH/WHM. Admittedly, most of my complaints are related to dungeons: I think Celestial Opposition should get its stun back, Collective Unconscious should either have a higher regen or a lower base cooldown, and consideration should be given to lowering the Essential Dignity trait a few levels. I also wouldn't object to seeing Time Dilation come back. I've got the bar space, and it would both help with mana longevity in high end content and help in dungeons by extending oGCD HoTs on the tank.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 8, 2019

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Vermain posted:

Same here. I don't think they're unplayable, but they're not quite measuring up to SCH/WHM. Admittedly, most of my complaints are related to dungeons: I think Celestial Opposition should get its stun back, Collective Unconscious should either have a higher regen or a lower base cooldown, and consideration should be given to lowering the Essential Dignity trait a few levels. I also wouldn't object to seeing Time Dilation come back. I've got the bar space, and it would both help with mana longevity in high end content and help in dungeons by extending oGCD HoTs on the tank.

Yep! I don't know the name of AST skills but I think this is all the same stuff my husband has complained about in dungeons.

I mean AST is still an aesthetically cool class and there's nothing wrong with their design, they just need additional potency on pretty much everything. Which they'll probably get, I'm guessing.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Krabboss posted:

you're extremely personally offended over not explaining yourself very well when questioned, lol. they're posts mate, chill out, don't have a posting meltdown.

I agreed with you that their healing potency is low, and their dps has always been lower because it's measured against the raid dps they bring.

All I wanted to know was what you meant when you posted

Krabboss posted:

He was extremely stressed out trying to heal it as AST. It's difficult and it's awkward and that just isn't the case for the other healers.

because I omniheal a lot and AST has felt fine while leveling it, and doesn't look too far off the mark diving into various logs and co-healing with an AST.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Minrad posted:

you're extremely personally offended over not explaining yourself very well when questioned, lol. they're posts mate, chill out, don't have a posting meltdown.

I agreed with you that their healing potency is low, and their dps has always been lower because it's measured against the raid dps they bring.

All I wanted to know was what you meant when you posted

because I omniheal a lot and AST has felt fine while leveling it, and doesn't look too far off the mark diving into various logs and co-healing with an AST.

A top parse heal for AST is lower than a really lovely heal from a SCH or WHM while at the same time they're doing less damage. I dunno what to say dude, I said from the beginning they just don't have the healing numbers. It's not a meltdown to not want to talk to somebody being obtuse.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That was a really clever way to have (big spoiler) our WoL talk and I'm looking forward to whatever else they have in mind for the story content.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I tried healing as ast and it didn't really feel good, it felt like i was barely managing to keep the tank alive in holminster, and the cards were ok ,but felt really clunky whenever i had to use sleeve draw because it was draw, click name, play, minor, different name, play, minor again, click another name, play that. Now imagine doing that while trying to heal and dps at the same time too. If it automatically drew all cards as minor I think I wouldn't mind sleeve draw as much but right now its just a little too much busywork to do while target swapping a lot.

Ast is not nearly unplayable, but for a lot of people ast went from being amazing to the weakest healer in the game and that's rather frustrating.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Krabboss posted:

A top parse heal for AST is lower than a really lovely heal from a SCH or WHM while at the same time they're doing less damage. I dunno what to say dude, I said from the beginning they just don't have the healing numbers. It's not a meltdown to not want to talk to somebody being obtuse.

They have fine healing numbers. If they find Titania EX stressful to heal, the 5-10% buff AST may or may not get in a few weeks isn't gonna make that fight feel easier to heal because it has an extremely low damage profile in the first place. The damage numbers it puts out are barely higher than Stormblood's primals and it has a lesser healing requirement than almost all of o5s through o12s.

I'm sorry, but your AST player might just not be very good? They are welcome to try another job if they think it will make the current extremes easier to heal, but I don't think you can point at the current state of healers and say that this is an unacceptable place for AST to be on Titania

When AST looked like this in Stormblood

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
While it's not really a thing for healers, fflogs individual percentiles are kind of...awkward right now. Dance partner is a massive buff and it's really skewing things. As an example, this dancer-less party. Check out the individual DPS percentiles, then the raid DPS.

On the one hand, it kind of shows that dance partner evens out when it comes to raid-wide DPS. On the other hand, it really does fly in the face of all of the talk from the live letter about de-emphasizing individual job utility.

(also, trying to use fflogs percentiles to prove a point - especially this early in an expansion - is, and always has been, silly)

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Minrad posted:

They have fine healing numbers. If they find Titania EX stressful to heal, the 5-10% buff AST may or may not get in a few weeks isn't gonna make that fight feel easier to heal because it has an extremely low damage profile in the first place. The damage numbers it puts out are barely higher than Stormblood's primals and it has a lesser healing requirement than almost all of o5s through o12s.

I'm sorry, but your AST player might just not be very good? They are welcome to try another job if they think it will make the current extremes easier to heal, but I don't think you can point at the current state of healers and say that this is an unacceptable place for AST to be on Titania

When AST looked like this in Stormblood

There is plenty of damage in Titania if you're in a learning party and people are eating unnecessary damage. I dunno how many times I've gotta tell you that they're harder to heal with in learning parties and weaker in farming parties. They also have a harder time healing DRK to full after they Living Dead Fae Light.

If you're in a static or a party who've all cleared and you're doing barely any DPS and constantly overhealing like you are in your parses, then yeah it's fine.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Krabboss posted:

If you're in a static or a party who've all cleared and you're doing barely any DPS and constantly overhealing like you are in your parses, then yeah it's fine.

Lmao at the insinuation that Minrad is "doing barely any DPS" and "constantly overhealing"

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Zoig posted:

If it automatically drew all cards as minor I think I wouldn't mind sleeve draw as much but right now its just a little too much busywork to do while target swapping a lot.

Sleeve draw absolutely should not automatically minor arcana everything. Being able to use sleeve draw to fill in the rest of your seals at the start of a fight/giving you a few extra rolls for the seal you need if redraw isn't cooperating is too valuable.

I'm not saying AST doesn't need potency buffs, because it does. I just can't understand what the gently caress people are doing that they would be struggling to heal the current EX content.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

finally got up to the Shadowbringers MSQ proper.
I was not prepared for that cutscene in Amh Areng :stonk:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Jumping on the bandwagon! First as an Elf because always be elfposting

and now as a Viera because I caved and chugged a fantasia.

In other news, I started to level WHM to take advantage of the In Need bonus for more clusters and whatnot, and man is WHM boring as gently caress in all content below 70.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lmao at the insinuation that Minrad is "doing barely any DPS" and "constantly overhealing"

Their parses are bad. They're worse than my husband's. I wasn't the first to call anybody a bad player, to be clear.

Here's a parse from our group last night. PF.

I mean you really ought to be amazing if you're gonna accuse anybody of being bad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Krabboss posted:

Their parses are bad. They're worse than my husband's. I wasn't the first to call anybody a bad player, to be clear.

I mean you really ought to be amazing if you're gonna accuse anybody of being bad.

That's... that's worse than his average parse for Titania.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Krabboss posted:

That was a posted summary of my entire log upload from that day, but your inability to read FFLogs is not surprising!

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Krabboss posted:

lmao you don't even know how to read/use fflogs. mystery solved. please shut the gently caress up about how terrible ast is supposed to be because you and YOUR HUSBAND™ are unreliable sources

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
{/logout}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Minrad posted:

That was a posted summary of my entire log upload from that day, but your inability to read FFLogs is not surprising!

Sorry, I assumed you were the AST and got confused. Your parses are good, for sure.

To the point though, my husband ain't bad and I'm less embarrassed about assuming you were an AST than you should be about calling somebody bad. All while accusing me of having a meltdown for some reason.

Krabboss fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 8, 2019