Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zadda posted:

lol , at it's in the game, you just need to go through the game files, spawn them or something and then do some hand waving and you have a fleet carrier, this is definitely comparable to what it's like in an actual game

To be fair, most of the ships in SC do basically nothing so spawning a model and flying it around is pretty close to the real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zadda posted:

lol , at it's in the game, you just need to go through the game files, spawn them or something and then do some hand waving and you have a fleet carrier, this is definitely comparable to what it's like in an actual game

It's also not even true. The ship hasn't been seen outside of concept art as far as I know, and I'm skeptical it ever will be, like any of the other ships big enough to have a ship hangar. They'd have to get ship-within-a-ship working consistently and nothing indicates they have the capacity to do that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

It's also not even true. The ship hasn't been seen outside of concept art as far as I know, and I'm skeptical it ever will be, like any of the other ships big enough to have a ship hangar. They'd have to get ship-within-a-ship working consistently and nothing indicates they have the capacity to do that.

Yeah I just came to say this. Their ability to lie about poo poo is pretty astounding.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Skipping 6500~ posts, and skimming the last couple pages.

Kinda sad there isn't more talk about how Digital Extreme is dunking all over this stupid scam game, with the upcoming expansion.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
A game about melee and shooting combat as space robot ninja things, is about as far removed as SC as you can get. Yet its doing everything SC promised, and gonna get it out first.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Eh that's overstating it a bit. Warframe has a similar problem to Star Citizen in that they get a ton of cool ideas but never really flesh them out. The difference being that DE actually finishes and implements their ideas - but after some initial support they move onto the next thing, and now there's a ton of content that is abandoned and is kind of pointless to play. It makes for an overcomplicated game with a lot of very shallow experiences.

It's not BAD, and they are delivering a lot of fun stuff for people already invested in the game, but man, I just couldn't find it very fun after a lot of effort. Still a better game than SC will ever be, and it's had a very, very different path, and DE deserves all the success they have now.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Plus it cost nothing - you get a game for that.

Star Citizen can cost a poo poo ton - you don't get a game for that.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The better part of Warframe is its player driven economy.

I go back once in awhile and pay for Primes i didn't want to grind myself and simply just mess around, I get to give DE some money, and other players in game cash for their efforts. Its all a win/win/win.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Oh phone and can't post pic (cos I'm a dumb) but RSI crowdfunding timeline show just $281 for the last hour and last week was only ~$250k.

I know it is their slow time of the year but those numbers must make the Thumb Lord sweet in his $4.3 million dollar mansion.

If they have 500 employee, for the last hour they only took in just over 50 cents per employee.

Ouch.

Or last week only enough to pay each person $500.

Then there is expenses on top of that.

RSI is showing red by their own reporting.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 8, 2019

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

oh you motherfucker

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity

Looking at the funding stats, it is their second strongest year so far. Chris also got their "SQ42 marketing only" $50m injection, which is really "only for marketing SQ42" and nothing else. Don't think money is a near term issue for CIG. After all these years finally putting a working game together out of the proof-of-concept mess they have is still the actual problem.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Awesome Fidelity posted:

Looking at the funding stats, it is their second strongest year so far. Chris also got their "SQ42 marketing only" $50m injection, which is really "only for marketing SQ42" and nothing else. Don't think money is a near term issue for CIG. After all these years finally putting a working game together out of the proof-of-concept mess they have is still the actual problem.

Define "near term". If it's within a year, then yes. If it's within 2 - 3 years, then I'd say no. Remember at the start of 2018 they were almost broke, which means they must've spent close to 200M by then (203M in, 193M out was the report). And they didn't downscale since, so you can do a simple approximation: 14M start + 46M investment + 55M funding = 115M in vs average of previous years spending, 193 / 5 (2012 wasn't full year and the expenses were laughable back then) times 1.5 is ~58M out. So the current funds should be in ballpark of 50 - 60 M, almost exactly at the half of the funds since start of 2018. Meaning the ballpark says they should be at ~0 at roughly start of 2021 (probably a bit later, since the bulk of this year's funding is yet to come) - unless they get significantly more funding or another investment by then, of course.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Awesome Fidelity posted:

Presentation of the graph is superb.

But even while failing harder than ever with 4.6 they are still doing great for the year.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Virtual Captain posted:

Haha wtf I think this may be a scam fellas

No hacking is fine just go into the game files, hack in some extra code to make hacking set to cool. it's really been in since like 2.0 just like the kraken, can't believe people want to play hackers when they can even use ini files

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Hav posted:

Did you get the season pass or are you waiting to see how the individual bits pan out?

Also, if you don’t get divorced you don’t lose half your stuff, you horrific gamer chuds.

Careful

Marriage = no refunds

Maybe hold back overwhelming her with your manly and impressive jpeg collection, you don't want marry a scamer and lose the idriss in the divorce.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

DigitalPenny posted:

Careful

Marriage = no refunds

Maybe hold back overwhelming her with your manly and impressive jpeg collection, you don't want marry a scamer and lose the idriss in the divorce.

:hmmyes:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Now to finish the summoning of Uncle Derek:

Pineapple on Pizza is good actually.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Sandweed posted:

mods ??

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

:hmmyes:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandweed posted:

:carol:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sandweed posted:

You own a Star Citizen tank and land claims don't you?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Look at this poser!

derek smart

Derek Smart

:siren:DEREK SMART:siren:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/EliteDangerous/status/1147523106841530370

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/arx-faq.516706/

What are Arx?
Arx are a new currency, replacing Frontier Points, being introduced to Elite Dangerous in the September Update and can be used to purchase Game Extras, such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!

What are Arx in lore terms? How does it fit into the galaxy?
Arx is an alternative currency created and regulated by the Bank of Zaonce.

How do I get Arx?
Arx can be earned by simply playing the game! We won't ask commanders to change how they play, simply being an active player and engaging with the game is all that's required. Additionally, players are also able to purchase packages of Arx through the platforms' respective stores (Frontier Store, Steam, PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace).

What can I spend Arx on?
As mentioned above, Arx can be spent on Game Extras such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!

Can I gift Arx, or Game Extras purchased with Arx, to another player?
At this time, it will not be possible to gift Arx or Game Extras (purchased with Arx) to other players.

Will Arx replace Frontier Points?
Yes, Arx will replace Frontier Points and players who have any outstanding balance of Frontier Points will have them converted into Arx appropriately.

Will Arx replace Credits?
Nope! Arx will not replace Credits, nor are Credits purchasable.

Can I spend ARX on in-game items, such as commodities and materials?
No, Arx are only spent on Game Extras (such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!).

Will the rewards for missions change because of Arx?
No, rewards from missions will not be adjusted with the introduction of Arx.

Do I need Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to earn of purchase Arx on console?
You will not require either Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to earn or purchase Arx in Elite Dangerous.

Is Elite Dangerous going free-to-play?
No, we currently have no plans to change Elite Dangerous over to a free-to-play model.

Will the team be doing anything to improve the quality of Paint Jobs/Ship Kits?
Actually, yes! We've been making improvements to the Paint Job render system over the course of this year. New Paint Jobs will all use this improved system, meaning we are able to offer sharper, more detailed paint schemes than ever before. Furthermore, we are working through our back catalog to update Paint Jobs we feel could benefit from a touch up.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 8, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sandweed posted:

If they cover > 0,1%, yeah, and I mean that with an ","

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

trucutru posted:

Look at this poser!

derek smart

Derek Smart

:siren:DEREK SMART:siren:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

My german video card driver fails to render that correctly

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Kosumo posted:

I'm here because Chris Roberts is a fraud and I warned others about him at the START of the Kickstarter.

You could say, I called it

yeah same

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I think I ran out of Derek Smart memes, so everyone who quotes me will be insta-installed-on-my-ignore-list

e: thinking about it; I actually miss him a bit in this thread. Derek, please come back

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tuo posted:

My german video card driver fails to render that correctly

Press R.Alt + L. Shift + PgDown to show the config menu. Then Ctrl + L to scroll down. Esc selects the proper item

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dementropy posted:

What are Arx?
Arx are a new currency, replacing Frontier Points, being introduced to Elite Dangerous in the September Update and can be used to purchase Game Extras, such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!

How do I get Arx?
Arx can be earned by simply playing the game! We won't ask commanders to change how they play, simply being an active player and engaging with the game is all that's required. Additionally, players are also able to purchase packages of Arx through the platforms' respective stores (Frontier Store, Steam, PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace).

What can I spend Arx on?
As mentioned above, Arx can be spent on Game Extras such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!

At this time, it will not be possible to gift Arx or Game Extras (purchased with Arx) to other players.

Yes, Arx will replace Frontier Points and players who have any outstanding balance of Frontier Points will have them converted into Arx appropriately.

No, Arx are only spent on Game Extras (such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!).

Do I need Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to earn of purchase Arx on console?
You will not require either Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to earn or purchase Arx in Elite Dangerous.

No, we currently have no plans to change Elite Dangerous over to a free-to-play model.

Actually, yes! We've been making improvements to the Paint Job render system over the course of this year. New Paint Jobs will all use this improved system, meaning we are able to offer sharper, more detailed paint schemes than ever before. Furthermore, we are working through our back catalog to update Paint Jobs we feel could benefit from a touch up.

Look at this garbage. Pffft earning cosmetics in game?? gently caress that I just want to pay for them.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Dementropy posted:

What are Arx?

How do I get Arx?

What can I spend Arx on?

:reddit: Star Citizen is better than Elite Dangerous cos in SC you can earn paintjobs* in-game**, while in Elite you have to spend real dollars

* only the 300 series
** not a game

Frontier: :smuggo:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
This site exists: http://kickscammed.com/
And my search for Star Citizen did not show Star Citizen.
So Star Citizen is good.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Yes, following Warframe is good.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Look Star Citizen !!!!!! :D

You got it, it's finally out!

And yes, it is also out!

A couple of months ago I began work on a demo version of Star Citizen. I was able to finish it in a month, but now it's going into a closed feature test. So that means the release date is at the time of writing.

For those of you who don't know how to go about trying out the game, you can do that by visiting my Youtube channel.

Here some gameplay footage:

With so many people talking about the game, the release will be tough. I also want to stress that Star Citizen is not out at the same point every day. I have to say that even though there have been over 60k downloads already, it's still a little harder than it could have been without all the press. As you may imagine, I've taken a lot of time to get this build ready and I will make it available when it is ready.

A few weeks after release, I'll be hosting a public announcement that will go some way towards answering your burning questions. I could not take everything I've gathered and put into words today, so the answer will go into the game soon, but only from my own personal perspective.

Until then, please keep posting your questions!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

“A fairly realistic setting inspired a lot by Star Wars”, huh. That seems like a highly feasible goal.

Also, isn't SC FPS action slow merely in the sense that it has the most ridiculously arcade:y and long TTKs?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beexoffel posted:

This site exists: http://kickscammed.com/
And my search for Star Citizen did not show Star Citizen.
So Star Citizen is good.

I don't think Star Citizen was ever actually on Kickstarter was it?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

I said come in! posted:

I don't think Star Citizen was ever actually on Kickstarter was it?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I was thinking to give you a lmgtfy link but I'm trying to be more positive so I'll just promote the tracker instead: