Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm not sure what I am looking at

The aftermath of Robot and Arthur's rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Gee, Annie! How come your team gets TWO familiars?

I'm getting a Dresden Codak vibe from those panel borders.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Worthleast posted:

Why does this always happen on Friday.

A third of all pages is on a Friday.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I think we skipped a chapter.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Gee, Annie! How come your team gets TWO familiars?

I'm getting a Dresden Codak vibe from those panel borders.

Looking at the bottom left panel I think they're all split up, three teams of two. Also for the second familiar do you mean Cvet or Eglamore?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Crisis of Infinite Annies. A multiverse's worth of issues.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I think Annie has enough issues.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Forest Annie seems to have stuck with not wearing make-up, it seems. Guess that's another way to tell them apart, besides the hair and dress choices.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tenebrais posted:

Forest Annie seems to have stuck with not wearing make-up, it seems. Guess that's another way to tell them apart, besides the hair and dress choices.

I like that it's a split where each Annie goes back to one of the two major parts of her appearance that changed in the wake of her father coming back, but they go with different things.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Tenebrais posted:

There still hasn't been a good time to go to a Sephora.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The pattern and the shape of the walls reminds of a wasp nest.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I just binge-read this whole thing in like a week and hoooooo boy looks like I chose a good time to get into this comic.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's always a good time to get into this comic.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Splicer posted:

It's always a good time to get into this comic.

:emptyquote:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
God, I've been reading this comic for... 12 years? I think? It's been a long-rear end loving time.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

God, I've been reading this comic for... 12 years? I think? It's been a long-rear end loving time.

Which Annie Chapter is your favorite?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They just call each other Annie.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

They just call each other Annie.
Doesn't cause any confusion for them to both be Annie. If Annie starts talking about Annie, you know which Annie she's talking about.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

As their origin story fades into backstory, but their fashion styles stay distinct, I'll be calling them "blue Annie" and "green Annie", fyi.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ditocoaf posted:

As their origin story fades into backstory, but their fashion styles stay distinct, I'll be calling them "blue Annie" and "green Annie", fyi.

Ao Annie and Aka Annie

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good posting people keep the good work up

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats up sattou

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Antimoney and Antwomony.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Annie Sword and Annie Shield

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I got into Gunnerkrigg around The Stone. I don't remember if it was slightly before, during, or after, but it was around that part.

I remember being thoroughly confused by all the hate that chapter got in this thread. I thought it was great.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh geez, I realized I started reading this when Kat had a crush on birdboy... and that was 2007.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Annie Sword and Annie Shield

Annie Fire Red and Annie Omega Ruby

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I can't remember where I started reading, but the art was still bad!

(j/k, I never thought it was bad)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I started reading during the chapter where Annie rescues Robot. I remember being linked to the page where Rey smashes open a panel with like a cool claw made of lockpicks, and I immediately went back and read the whole thing.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

By the time I finished first-time binging on it, it was somewhere in the middle of The Stone.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think I started reading somewhere in the middle of Mostly Involves Robots, maybe a bit later.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i started reading when annie had a football head, around when they met Basil i think. wonder what he's been up to

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I got into Gunnerkrigg around The Stone. I don't remember if it was slightly before, during, or after, but it was around that part.

I remember being thoroughly confused by all the hate that chapter got in this thread. I thought it was great.

This sounds very familiar. I think we were on the page where Jones was chilling in lava when I first caught up with the story.

EDIT: Went to read old pages & old thread discussion and realized just how long ago the three seeds that caused (part of) the disaster in the Court were sent there, IRL-time-wise. It was the first first time we ever saw either of Coyote or Ysengrin! It's super cool to realize that those seeds were specifically mentioned then and after a ~10 year IRL time gap or something, they're suddenly relevant! Tom's very good at this.

Hempuli fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 8, 2019

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ConfusedUs posted:

:same:

Going back to my first post in this thread and can confirm it was in the middle of The Stone, wasn't sure if it was before or not....thread was guessing Jones was an autistic rock.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 8, 2019

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I hope it comes out in-comic what the other characters call the Annies so people will stop coming up with wacky nicknames for them.

Oh, who am I kidding.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They're Hair Annie and Makeup Annie. Obviously.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I remember not being able to read ahead in Dobranoc, Gamma, so presumably I either caught up there or in one of the less confusing chapters leading up to it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

maswastaken posted:

They're Hair Annie and Makeup Annie. Obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-76eLz1hc&t=119s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it will settle the issue until some other character uses a flagrantly different system and then all hell will break loose