Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Probably those are the only exclusive gym leaders, if you look at the galar map that particular gym is grey and doesn't have a type symbol, and all the other gyms do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pokemon Black playthrough: this N person is demonstrating how a fun hobby with cute animals is no substitute for a comprehensive national mental health strategy.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like how one of the pokemon is a cake

as in

Game Freak is having its cake and eating it too

Game Freak: We're removing Mega Evolution and Z-Moves
Also Game Freak: We're adding Mega Evolution Gigantamaxing and Z-Moves Max Moves

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Well Bea locks me in for Sword regardless of what gets revealed from here on out.

Also Gigantamaxing is way radder than I expected but I do wish they were just Mega Evolutions and any Pokemon that has a Mega Evolution and Dynamaxes goes into its Mega Form instead.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Another new mon from the trailer:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

It's a little teapot, short and stout.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Tealephant

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I'm gonna need more hi-res images of new Pokémon please

Also name puns:

Alcremie - Cream/Alchemy
Rolycoly - Coal/Roly Poly
Duraludon - Durable/-don (lizard)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Duraludon - Durable/-don (lizard)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duralumin

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Thank you. I wasn't quite sure about that one.

Nice to have a dragon/steel type for the lower tiers now.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I just want to shove Sobble in a locker. They made it too pathetic.

Nope

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Rolycoly? "Steam Engine" as an ability?

Looking forward to that evolution line...

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Licarn posted:

I watched the episode where Type: Null "evolves" into Silvally. Are any other instances in the anime where a pokemon evolves without glowing and transforming? It just breaks out of the mask. As far as I remember even pokemon that logically shouldn't have to change in any way, like Magnemite, still glow to evolve.

I didn't see this answer yet. Slowpoke to Slowbro does not. In the anime he just stuck his tail into the water and started walking upright once the Shelder clamped on.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

MikeJF posted:

Pokemon Black report: it is a crime Sigilyph does not have multiple evolutions, each more bizzare than the last.

seconding this.

also i am still playing mystery dungeon: explorers of sky. it's much better when you can 3X speed through conversations, i'll tell you that.

worth playing white 2/black 2?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are you talking about Swoshi and Home or the 3DS games and Bank?

Sword and Shield with Home. Cloud saves are disabled on Pokemon games so the save stays on the console or you can transfer the Switch user account to another Switch. The cartridge is just the V1.0 game data now.

In the case of the 3DS you could get a free trial of Bank and bring over your Pokemon to XYORAS/SM cartridge and that would be your Pokemon collection.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'll shove you in the locker too

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I hope Sobble's evolutions continue to cry and be generally depressed and anxious

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

worth playing white 2/black 2?

Absolutely! Make sure you played B/W first. It’s my favourite in the series for the sheer amount of content.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Farecoal posted:

I hope Sobble's evolutions continue to cry and be generally depressed and anxious

Yeah, if he turns into just like, a regular spy chameleon its going to be very disappointing. I hope they lean into the misery.

edit: calling it now that one of sobble's evolutions is called Lizery.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
yeah wouldn't want another one after the fifteen other spy chameleons we already got in this series

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
"listen I know we already did a fairy pokemon that was an alive cake but I just want to give it another try"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://swshmembers.pokemon.co.jp/

Japan has a Pokemon Sword and Shield preorder club thing.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

Yeah, if he turns into just like, a regular spy chameleon its going to be very disappointing. I hope they lean into the misery.

edit: calling it now that one of sobble's evolutions is called Lizery.

sobble is just the pokemonification of the general raininess and misery of the british isles and I'm here for it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bleck posted:

"listen I know we already did a fairy pokemon that was an alive cake but I just want to give it another try"

Should've been rock/fairy crumbly monster called Sconcer or something

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 8, 2019

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bleck posted:

Slurpuff is cotton candy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Food based pokemon are all garbage

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Make more food Pokémon

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Isn't Shuckle berry based?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Finally, mechagodzilla is in officially in Pokemon.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Can't wait to beat the Galar league with a dessert-themed pokemon team

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm pretty sure the argument could be made that any one pokemon is a garbage pokemon.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I love cakemon because Im fat

Have a blessed day

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Corgi becomes some sort of shepherd dog.

You heard it here first fellas.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bleck posted:

Well they got it right this time.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Nodosaur posted:

Slurpuff is cotton candy.

Swirlix is cotton candy - Slurpuff is a pile of whipped cream and/or meringue

it's basically the same thing imo

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure the argument could be made that any one pokemon is a garbage pokemon.

actually that's just trubbish and garbodor

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm going to be cranky if everyone embraces the whipped cream pokemon after making GBS threads on the ice cream pokemon for several years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

iospace posted:

Isn't Shuckle berry based?

Shuckle is like a turtle fungus on a coral shell? Anyways it’s not food and is actually the best pokemon ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hey good luck getting a gigantamax pokemon

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/gigantamax/

quote:

While Dynamaxing seems to be a phenomenon common to the Pokémon from Galar, it’s been discovered that there’s a special phenomenon known as Gigantamaxing, too! Only certain species of Pokémon can Gigantamax—and even among such species, only rare specimens will be able to Gigantamax. The majority will keep their usual appearance when they Dynamax.

Regular Drednaw and Corviknight can Dynamax, but there are some special members of these species that can Gigantamax.

You can catch Gigantamax Pokémon for your team by participating in Max Raid Battles, but it seems they’re very rare—finding one won’t be easy!