Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Unsurprisingly Donnie used family connections to get into college. He had his older Brother Fred Jr. arrange an interview with an admissions officer at Wharton Penn State. Then he brought his daddy to the interview. Final say was given to some other guy who has since died. Guy who did the interview said his rating must have been decent enough to get in, but he was sure that he never considered Donnie to be a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/statu...ingawful.com%2F

People have said he made his billions blackmailing rich people by video taping them having sex with underage girls, wonder whats on those disks

:thunk:

> pleads guilty of soliciting sex from minors, registered as lifelong sex offender since 2008
> keeps photographs of underage girls at mansion in NYC

Brilliant mind to see politics and financial markets, my rear end

He is disgusting, it's amazing how this is a ponzi scheme where the "investors" are just as terrible as the leader, I hope they all go down.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arc Light posted:

If that's what TIME considers a serious candidate, I'm honestly curious what they'd call Ms. Williamson.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1147194707887476741?s=09

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
She's so great

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Who the gently caress is she? Like i really stopped paying attention once gillibrand announced. Does she have any positions? Or just running on we're gonna make it better?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stravag posted:

Who the gently caress is she? Like i really stopped paying attention once gillibrand announced. Does she have any positions? Or just running on we're gonna make it better?

She's a con artist running in order to sell more books or jade eggs or something and the Democrats are playing along for some reason.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Stravag posted:

Her positions include "positive thinking is more powerful than nuclear radiation" and "love won the Battle of Stalingrad."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Admittedly, I have no idea who she is, I just saw the interview with CNN this weekend a few times. My primary game is meh, give me Warren or Bernie with Warren as vice, until poo poo shakes out next summer, it's all hot air to me right now.

Williamson directing people to donate to Mike Gravel was pretty lol too.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stravag posted:

:orb:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

McNally posted:

Her positions include "positive thinking is more powerful than nuclear radiation" and "love won the Battle of Stalingrad."

I hate this generation of politician so much. gently caress not being able to be president until you're 35 at this point if your 45 or over you shouldn't be able to run

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Stravag posted:

I hate this generation of politician so much. gently caress not being able to be president until you're 35 at this point if your 65 or over you shouldn't be able to run

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

holy poo poo Qanon was right all along

Except it's all rich fucks and most of them are Republicans.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You think I give a poo poo if some Dems get caught up in Epstein's criminality? Better now than when it really counts.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I hope they all burn for this poo poo, bring em all down. Every last one of them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Bored As gently caress posted:

It's pretty 50/50 with political leanings but they're all rich/powerful. The news will focus on the Democrats more than republicans tho probably

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I hope they all burn for this poo poo, bring em all down. Every last one of them.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

If warren wins the nom its gonna be hilarious watching fox spin the "the first thing i noticed was his legs" comment into unacceptable sexual objectification

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

that's the joke

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Here's your Monday update on what the shitbags in Congress are doing.

The shitbags in Congress haven't done anything. House still at 365.

These fucksticks don't care about Gold Star families:

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th
California: 2nd, 11th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 34th, 35th, 45th, 50th
Florida: 11th, 19th, 23rd
Georgia: 5th, 7th, 13th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 14th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd
Kentucky: 4th
Maryland: 5th
Michigan: 3rd
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Nebraska: 3rd
New York: 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th
North Carolina: 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 16th
Oklahoma: 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 4th, 9th, 10th
South Carolina: 6th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 13th, 19th, 21st, 30th
Washington: 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Senate still at 75 cosponsors.

These assholes need to apologize to the trees for wasting oxygen:

Shelby, Richard C. - (R - AL)
Isakson, Johnny - (R - GA)
Perdue, David - (R - GA)
Ernst, Joni - (R - IA)
Grassley, Chuck - (R - IA)
Braun, Mike - (R - IN)
Young, Todd - (R - IN)
McConnell, Mitch - (R - KY)
King, Angus S., Jr. - (I - ME)
Hawley, Josh - (R - MO)
Fischer, Deb - (R - NE)
Sasse, Ben - (R - NE)
Portman, Rob - (R - OH)
Lankford, James - (R - OK)
Toomey, Patrick J. - (R - PA)
Reed, Jack - (D - RI)
Thune, John - (R - SD)
Lee, Mike - (R - UT)
Romney, Mitt - (R - UT)
Kaine, Tim - (D - VA)
Warner, Mark R. - (D - VA)
Johnson, Ron - (R - WI)
Barrasso, John - (R - WY)
Enzi, Michael B. - (R - WY)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

McNally posted:

I know of her from this girl I know who’s a yoga instructor and regularly posts about crystals.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I know of her from Chapo Trap House, they're a big fan of the Marianne mindset.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Marianne is a better candidate than half the Democrat field

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McNally posted:

To be fair, the love of the Soviet people for each other did kind of contribute to the victory at Stalingrad.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Professor Bling posted:

To be fair, the love of the Soviet people for each other did kind of contribute to the victory at Stalingrad.

I'd have gone with love of killing nazis but okay.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Lmao trump is praising the queen while moaning about theresa may and the ambassador

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1148309540116582402

Be grinded in the machine until death

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Professor Bling posted:

The love of not getting shot by your own officers for retreating, more like

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The liberal media

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Must be nice to have the option to just jerk off investors and play golf as long as you want, vs my mom who needs to work two jobs until she's unable to work anymore

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The love of not getting shot by your own officers for retreating, more like

Based on her Chapo interview and the debate her definition of "love" is so expansive that it includes that.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Got this response back from Senator Grassley.
July 8, 2019

Dear Mr. SimonCat:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your support for an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 that would eliminate the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) offset.

Currently, if a veteran's surviving spouse is awarded DIC by the VA based on the death of the same veteran who provided the SBP Coverage, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) reduces the spouse's SBP annuity by the amount of the DIC award. If the DIC payment offsets the entire SBP annuity, no annuity is paid and the SBP premiums for spouse coverage paid by the member are refunded to the surviving spouse.

In 2008, the Special Survivor Indemnity Allowance (SSIA) was enacted in order to partially offset the reduction in SBP because of receiving DIC payments. This is a taxable benefit that increased from $50 per month when it was enacted to $310 per month for fiscal year 2017. Originally, the SSIA was only authorized through the end of October of fiscal year 2017, but was made permanent with the 2018 NDAA.

The Senate’s version of the NDAA passed on June 27, 2019, without the amendment to allow surviving family members to receive the full SBP and DIC payments without an offset. The biggest barrier to this legislation passing in previous sessions of Congress has been the debate on funding mechanisms. However should the Senate consider this legislation in the future, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Based on her Chapo interview and the debate her definition of "love" is so expansive that it includes that.

Is she one of those "the only two emotions are fear and love" weirdos too?

Anyways, DC looks fun

https://twitter.com/nickscalera/status/1148217076441591808?s=19

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They closed the metro entrance this morning for an hour and a half and moved all screening to the main lobby. There were buckets all over the hallways in the E wing because water was coming down so fast (and sideways!) it started going into the AC inlets.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SimonCat posted:

Got this response back from Senator Grassley.
July 8, 2019

Dear Mr. SimonCat:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your support for an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 that would eliminate the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) offset.

Currently, if a veteran's surviving spouse is awarded DIC by the VA based on the death of the same veteran who provided the SBP Coverage, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) reduces the spouse's SBP annuity by the amount of the DIC award. If the DIC payment offsets the entire SBP annuity, no annuity is paid and the SBP premiums for spouse coverage paid by the member are refunded to the surviving spouse.

In 2008, the Special Survivor Indemnity Allowance (SSIA) was enacted in order to partially offset the reduction in SBP because of receiving DIC payments. This is a taxable benefit that increased from $50 per month when it was enacted to $310 per month for fiscal year 2017. Originally, the SSIA was only authorized through the end of October of fiscal year 2017, but was made permanent with the 2018 NDAA.

The Senate’s version of the NDAA passed on June 27, 2019, without the amendment to allow surviving family members to receive the full SBP and DIC payments without an offset. The biggest barrier to this legislation passing in previous sessions of Congress has been the debate on funding mechanisms. However should the Senate consider this legislation in the future, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

I'm not aware of a debate on funding mechanisms. To my knowledge they just say "yeah, but this will cost money" and then move on to talking about something else.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

McNally posted:

I'm not aware of a debate on funding mechanisms. To my knowledge they just say "yeah, but this will cost money" and then move on to talking about something else.

Yeah, this is Chuck's passive aggressive way of saying "get hosed."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

McNally posted:

Right! Exactly! A very one-sided debate! :sigh:

That Adam Smith here in Washington needs to be primaried. Sad I'm not one of his constituents. (Also his economic theory is suspect.)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Yes, we love the troops but funding is hard. Also, have you heard about our Lord and Savior, Tax Cuts for the Wealthy?

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
So I haven't seen it discussed here, but the UK had a large leak of diplomatic cables from our Ambassador to the US - cables which provided confidential assessments of the current administration, which I am sure you can guess weren't too positive.

Despite this being the job of every ambassador everywhere (no doubt the US Ambassador is sending back assessments of the ongoing brexit shitshow) because Donnie has paper thin skin he has thrown a bitch fit on Twitter and claimed "we will no longer deal with him"

There is literally a possibility you are going to declare our diplomat persona non grata because he said some mean things privately while doing his loving job. Jesus Christ :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The best deals, also let's not forget this is how he deals with his allies

And with his enemies who pretend to respect him as they make a mockery of him on the world stage....