Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

R0ckfish posted:

A bunch of those values are wrong c&s boys get 3 attacks and genestealers only have a 5++.

I'd have sworn the 3rd attack was a bonus for unit size and not part of the profile. The wrong Invuln is just whoops. :v:

The outcome doesn't appreciably change. Instead of 3.5 dead Stealers it's a little over 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008
The tyranny of the Castellan seems to have rippled in to how GW is handling their updates of recently printed books. This is extremely good news in the event that another Q3 release (or Q1 for AOS) has something that ends up being much better or worse than predicted.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/08/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-update-now-livegw-homepage-post-3/

quote:

Every year we do two Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules reviews – one midway through the year when the General’s Handbook is released, and a second about six months later at Christmas. These give us a chance to answer any questions we have received, which are then published in the form of digital updates to the Errata and Designers’ Commentary files on the Warhammer Community website.

Until this year we only updated points values in the General’s Handbook. From now on, though, we will be releasing a digital update to the point values when we do each rules review.

We have decided to do this because the General’s Handbook is sent off to our printers a long time before it actually goes on sale.

This year the Blades of Khorne, Flesh-eater Courts, Gloomspite Gitz and Skaven battletomes were all released after the new General’s Handbook was printed. Under the old system, we’d have just waited to make any changes when the next General’s Handbook was released, but that would mean it could take more than a year to update the points values in those books, even though we had the feedback we needed much earlier.

If they'd done this for CA 2018, we would've seen points adjustments for Knights and Orks that are going to have to wait several more months, and some similar adjustments to GSC. It'll be great to not have Chaos Knights be amazing/terrible options for 18 months.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
You're both right. Ork boyz have 2 attacks base. The 3rd attack comes if they're equipped with a Choppa (if they have Shootas, they don't have Choppas). They can get a 4th attack if the unit size is 20 or more.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Strobe posted:

I'd have sworn the 3rd attack was a bonus for unit size and not part of the profile. The wrong Invuln is just whoops. :v:

The outcome doesn't appreciably change. Instead of 3.5 dead Stealers it's a little over 6.
There is an additional bonus for more then 20, so they can go up to 4 attacks each before warpath, which can being it to 5 attacks each.

Even then, it should not change the outcome too greatly, so I dont really know what is happening other then possibly very bad luck. Is this a thing that has happened multiple times?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I'm so hyped for Sisters, these look awesome:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Can't say I'm gonna be buying any of them, but I think having a whole faction whose fluff origin story is based on someone rules-lawyering is just peak 40K.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

It has happened twice now, but perhaps they were lucky/unlucky rolls. The most recent he failed his catalyst roll, lost 4 on overwatch to sluggas, then only killed 10 in his fight phase, thus I retained the attack bonus for mob size and got ~80 attacks in reprisal including the can opener on my nob, wiping him entirely. Those 10 dead boyz obviously weren't enough to effect morale (his morale notwithstanding).

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Weird boob cups, too embarrassing to ever play.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Riatsala posted:

It has happened twice now, but perhaps they were lucky/unlucky rolls. The most recent he failed his catalyst roll, lost 4 on overwatch to sluggas, then only killed 10 in his fight phase, thus I retained the attack bonus for mob size and got ~80 attacks in reprisal including the can opener on my nob, wiping him entirely. Those 10 dead boyz obviously weren't enough to effect morale (his morale notwithstanding).

All I can say is that bad dice rolls are a thing and to try to avoid engagements with fresh blender units, they could try peppering them with some devourers. Alternatively double up the genestealers against the unit to wipe it in one go. Usually you want to dump enough damage on a unit like that to wipe them even if it means overkill, as green tide is a thing.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

For the style of single pose models that seems to be the new standard of new releases, do they usually do multiple poses for special weapons, or just one for each special weapon? Would be pretty funny to get a whole new plastic line to ignore and field 20+ of the one storm bolter model if there's only one per special.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im going to buy so many sisters i'll get put on a list.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Right I am an absolute beginner at actually playing the game, only really collected and painted, a friend of mine who is very much into the games side is looking to start me off trying a few games, he plays a very shooty ork army if that matters

What should I add to my blood angels army? I have

I dunno like 50 standard marines I got off Ebay
Cap in Terminator Armor
2 Baal Predators
1 Land Speeder
Sanguiner
10 Sanguinary Guard
5 Assault Terminators
5 Scouts with sniper rifles
Furioso Dreadnought

I haven't added to my army in like a year so whats good what should I be throwing in there

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Right I am an absolute beginner at actually playing the game, only really collected and painted, a friend of mine who is very much into the games side is looking to start me off trying a few games, he plays a very shooty ork army if that matters

What should I add to my blood angels army? I have

I dunno like 50 standard marines I got off Ebay
Cap in Terminator Armor
2 Baal Predators
1 Land Speeder
Sanguiner
10 Sanguinary Guard
5 Assault Terminators
5 Scouts with sniper rifles
Furioso Dreadnought

I haven't added to my army in like a year so whats good what should I be throwing in there

BA jump pack captains are really good. Scouts with close combat weapons and intercessors are your best troop options.

Edit: Death Company!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Those renders freaking rule!!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Put me in the "monopose multiparts are a downer" camp. You may have 5 or six of that same flamer lady in an army looking like a choreographed dance routine.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They'll look fine, jeez. It takes minimal work to swap a weapon. (And you get five flamers in every Sisters of Silence box.)

Also it's great to see they're on 32mm bases now!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Eifert Posting posted:

Put me in the "monopose multiparts are a downer" camp. You may have 5 or six of that same flamer lady in an army looking like a choreographed dance routine.

This is my biggest problem with the modern plastics. They look great as long as you are playing small games, but while it looks fantastic I was deeply disappointed when I bought a box of the modern plague Marines.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Eifert Posting posted:

That’s a fair point. Monopose can be rough.

I think this thread had a good conversation on how monopose allows more fluidly dynamic individual models but then they look same-y in groups.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In my Death Guard army I've got the 7 Plague Marines from Dark Imperium then 2 more Plague Marine boxes.

They're all pretty much monopose, but you can always make a headswap, add some stuff to their armor or pick weapons to make them stand apart.

Plus, I would absolutely want 5 flamer sisters standing over the charred remains of heretics, but that's just me.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Zuul the Cat posted:

In my Death Guard army I've got the 7 Plague Marines from Dark Imperium then 2 more Plague Marine boxes.

They're all pretty much monopose, but you can always make a headswap, add some stuff to their armor or pick weapons to make them stand apart.

Plus, I would absolutely want 5 flamer sisters standing over the charred remains of heretics, but that's just me.

This, plus also craft knives are pretty much a required purchase anyway so with a bit of cutting and you can change a lot of stuff. I did the same with Death Guard and a lot of the Easy to Build Primaris Marines (thanks 1.99 issue 1 of Conquest)

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Death Guard players: how necessary are demons to your army? I saw that the Death Guard can attempt to summon demons in a turn instead of moving and shooting normally. Do you often do this? Is it crucial to playing DG? Which demons do you go for? How hosed are you if you can’t pull it off?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Gunder posted:

Death Guard players: how necessary are demons to your army? I saw that the Death Guard can attempt to summon demons in a turn instead of moving and shooting normally. Do you often do this? Is it crucial to playing DG? Which demons do you go for? How hosed are you if you can’t pull it off?

I’ve never used summoning in any game. Death Guard are a pretty strong army in their own right and Poxwalkers are solid objective-holding units. Some daemons are good too, but unless you’re leaning heavily to them they’re not a must. If you’re leaning heavily into them you’re fielding them as a separate detachment with their own HQs etc.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Cool. I have the DG that came in the Dark Imperium box, but haven’t really given much thought as to how to expand it. It’s basically a handful of Plague Marines and some Poxwalkers.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gunder posted:

If you're taking daemons with your death guard, you typically don't want to be summoning them. Give them their own detachment.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Gunder posted:

Cool. I have the DG that came in the Dark Imperium box, but haven’t really given much thought as to how to expand it. It’s basically a handful of Plague Marines and some Poxwalkers.

There’s a good number of ways to expand out. Let us know if you want suggestions. Like other codices there’s some bad options in there but tons of good ones depending on your play style.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Do you know how they fare in Kill Team? I'd probably try that out first if anything.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Gunder posted:

Do you know how they fare in Kill Team? I'd probably try that out first if anything.

They’re murderous, probably one of the best factions.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How do you like to run them in KT?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gunder posted:

My dude, I don't even run poxwalkers in my Death Guard army. It's not necessary at all. I've won and lost games with my 3 x Plague Marines list.

I can post my list if you're looking for ideas.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there a street date on the new WD yet? I want to try KT Daemons and I am horribly impatient.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Gunder posted:

How do you like to run them in KT?

A guy with a plague spewer is a wall that can plug up anything while being dangerous to charge. All the extra toughness and Disgustingly Resilient makes everything good to be fair.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Lord_Hambrose posted:

A guy with a plague spewer is a wall that can plug up anything while being dangerous to charge. All the extra toughness and Disgustingly Resilient makes everything good to be fair.

I haven't played killteam with my DG boys yet but I have watched a bunch of battle reports and it looks like they're really solid. I've noticed that people usually only take 2-3 poxwalkers, I figure if you have more of them they could get wiped out fast and cause some leadership problems for your marines.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

moths posted:

Is there a street date on the new WD yet? I want to try KT Daemons and I am horribly impatient.

It's like the third week of the month I think.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Weird boob cups, too embarrassing to ever play.

it's pretty disappointing, yeah. they had a huge opportunity to make a non-cringey new SoB line and they seem to be missing the forest for the trees

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not mad about the boob plate. I usually dislike it, but for certain models it works. Sisters are some of those. It seems more an ornamental decision with sisters. Very much more form over function, like a very stylized corset.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm not mad about the boob plate. I usually dislike it, but for certain models it works. Sisters are some of those. It seems more an ornamental decision with sisters. Very much more form over function, like a very stylized corset.

I would rather they have done something similar to the Stormcast Eternal models personally.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is a bit of a minefield, so I'm going to try to say what I mean without coming across like a jerk.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would rather they have done something similar to the Stormcast Eternal models personally.

Yeah, I totally understand that and it's a valid point. I think they also could have gone that route and they would have looked pretty cool. Someone else mentioned that they'd look good with just normal plate armor, like guard or Space Marines.

That being said, their ornate armor always reminded me of the catholic church, which is what they're essentially based off of, and I like the idea of them playing up the femininity but in a tasteful way (see Repentia, other Boob Models) Although that view of femininity in itself is problematic and I'm very much aware of it.

I personally like the aesthetic of the SoB line although I'm very much looking forward to updated models and completely revamped units (like Repentia). I get that boob armor can be problematic, but this doesn't feel like it's boob armor for the sake of boobs. It doesn't feel exploitative.

But that's just me, and I'm a man so my views are biased. I'd love to hear other critique's on the new models, especially from a feminist perspective.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I feel like I'm onto something here.
But I wish I had more of the female Stormcast heads for stuff like this. Only got one left and the FW ones are kind of underwhelming.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
The new sisters models look totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Cooked Auto posted:

I feel like I'm onto something here.
But I wish I had more of the female Stormcast heads for stuff like this. Only got one left and the FW ones are kind of underwhelming.

Honestly I think Scion torso might be the perfect fit/alternative for the boob cup armor.