Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
If I have a potentially interesting tidbit related to this are there people other than Ryan Grim and Julie Brown I should contact about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes, everyone in cspam :justpost:

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Socks4Hands posted:

If I have a potentially interesting tidbit related to this are there people other than Ryan Grim and Julie Brown I should contact about it?

Sorry about your impending "suicide"

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Socks4Hands posted:

"I h ave information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton and .... "

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

so have we figured out epsteins trek thread username yet

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Epstein is top story on abc national news, a lot more attention is being paid to this than I would have thought.

My question is who is behind the trial. Why dredge this out into the spotlight when there is so much potential for collateral damage? Epstein and his crimes could easily have been relegated to plausible conspiracy theory rather than a national news story.

I know that the FBI hasnt turned into the revolutionary vanguard overnight so who stands to gain from all this?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
i've already sent it to a few people and its fairly minimal and already part of public record, i just want to make sure it gets looked into

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

the blackmail bit seems more like epstein trying to seek protection rather than control people

why not both. also lol it worked

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Atrocious Joe posted:

the blackmail bit seems more like epstein trying to seek protection rather than control people

Yeah until you read the bizarre details about how he rose rapidly from an obscure background, nobody on Wall Street ever seemed to meet anyone who worked for his supposed hedge fund and no one could quite figure out where his money came from.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

Epstein is top story on abc national news, a lot more attention is being paid to this than I would have thought.

My question is who is behind the trial. Why dredge this out into the spotlight when there is so much potential for collateral damage? Epstein and his crimes could easily have been relegated to plausible conspiracy theory rather than a national news story.

I know that the FBI hasnt turned into the revolutionary vanguard overnight so who stands to gain from all this?

attempt by the FBI to regain public confidence after the Mueller investigation went nowhere? maybe win over some support from the Q crowd too?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gonna lol extremely hard if the Illuminati accidentally gets confirmed by this

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Helsing posted:

Yeah until you read the bizarre details about how he rose rapidly from an obscure background, nobody on Wall Street ever seemed to meet anyone who worked for his supposed hedge fund and no one could quite figure out where his money came from.

i just suspect fraud, same as everyone else

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this is Graydon Carter, the former editor of Vanity Fair who burred evidence that Epstein is a pedophile

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm not saying he's a pedophile. not not saying he's a pedophile. just posting his picture in the epstein thread in cspam

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

attempt by the FBI to regain public confidence after the Mueller investigation went nowhere? maybe win over some support from the Q crowd too?

Thats one hell of a risk for a pr stunt

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbf, the media has plenty of reasons to hide the transgressions of the rich and famous. they are all supported by advertising revenue, so pissing off rich people by publishing evidence of their pedophilia can hurt their bottom line. billionaires can also be extremely petty and extremely dangerous; look at how peter thiel orchistrated a scheme to shut down gawker for calling him "totally gay" in print once. you don't have to be a pedo to cover up for them, just a cowardly bootlicker worried about your own profits and career.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

GoluboiOgon posted:

you don't have to be a pedo to cover up for them,

you dont have to, but they are

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm loathe to say it, absolutely gritting my teeth here, but becoming a billionaire through pedophilia blackmail is absolutely The American Dream. even more so than Trump's meteoric controlled descent

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
also, a famous pedo blackmail billionaire would be an obvious high value target for any foreign intelligence agency hoping to gain leverage on a rival nation

in hindsight not prosecuting billionaire criminals to preserve decorum may have been a bad idea

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

GoluboiOgon posted:

peter thiel orchistrated a scheme to shut down gawker for calling him "totally gay" in print once.

lol that's not even true. thiel was able to publish in the new york times that gawker outed him (lol, he was not in the closet) but he was probably more angry about the reporting on how his post facebook investments have all been failures

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

this is Graydon Carter, the former editor of Vanity Fair who burred evidence that Epstein is a pedophile

🎵 What do you get when you turn evidence 🎵

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Breakfast All Day posted:

yeah, im sure everyones going down for this. the only reasno rich people havent been arrested and punished for their crimes up until this point in history was a lack of physical evidence. now we have it

- a dude reading the panama papers

yeah but chris tuckers hosed right

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duscat posted:

also, a famous pedo blackmail billionaire would be an obvious high value target for any foreign intelligence agency hoping to gain leverage on a rival nation

in hindsight not prosecuting billionaire criminals to preserve decorum may have been a bad idea

Putin or Xi are the only people that can save him now lol

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Stairmaster posted:

yeah but chris tuckers hosed right

sure they'll probably lock up the black guy and no one else

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

AnEdgelord posted:

maybe it was just a good person trying to do the right thin.... bahahahahahahaha ahahashdfsdf

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Bring back Gawker. It was the best site on the internet.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Has this thread been posted yet?
https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1148303671857491968

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1148303675980439552

hmmmmmmmmm :thunk:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

sure they'll probably lock up the black guy and no one else

lol if they find connections to obama

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

found Dershowitz's truck, everyone

holy poo poo lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

Thats one hell of a risk for a pr stunt

i feel like the comey letter reopening the clinton investigation is good evidence that nyc feds dgaf

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol they didn't need to be "tricked"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i can live with trump getting off as long as the dersh goes down. nothing would please me more than seeing that slimy, despicable fucker finally eat poo poo

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

babypolis posted:

i can live with trump getting off as long as the dersh goes down. nothing would please me more than seeing that slimy, despicable fucker finally eat poo poo

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

NOBODY WILL REALIZE MY POSTS ARE SHIT NOW THAT MY NAME IS PURPLE :smug:

Helsing posted:

also him going around funding and befriending scientists studying how to control human behaviour

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

babypolis posted:

if steven pinker goes down im throwing the biggest party ive ever thrown. pinker in the clinker

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

wasnt the FBI also hosed by the epstein deal?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

So when is everyone going to jail?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Over Easy posted:

So when is everyone going to jail?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU