Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TheAnomaly posted:

Give Vader his cap ship from episode V and give it bounty hunter synergy.

The one that's like fifty times bigger than every other ship in the game? That's like giving Tarkin the Death Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

The one that's like fifty times bigger than every other ship in the game? That's like giving Tarkin the Death Star.

It's stupid big

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
When are we getting Force Unleashed representation

No wait gently caress that when can I connect my account to swtor and use my characters ships

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I have to say I am very impressed with empire/first order military contractors. In just a couple decades they design and build completely new supercapitals where irl the f35 still kills its pilots 28 years into development

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
They just slap a new coat of paint on the old stuff, add a couple new thingamabobs to make it look a little different and call it a day.

Basically every Star Wars ship is a DC-10 with new fins.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

It's stupid big

yes, but that doesn't really matter game wise. It's a cap ship, so it'll have 4 abilities tied to ship level - one passive tied to it's synergy ships, and 3 actives which might also be tied to its synergy - and then an ult tied to the gear level of its admiral.

I mean, Nar Shadaa is only half a joke on that guys part

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vader's already got a ship and the Executor would cover your entire screen. Home One is already too big to fit.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I DEMAND REALISTIC SCALE IN MY PHONE GAME OF STAR WARS

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It's Star Wars. Anything can beat anything else, if it needs to. Hell, the Executor in the movie was taken down by a god drat A-Wing. On accident.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
God drat the G13 finishers are legit stupid and will demand all of your crystals from now to kingdom come.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

They canceled the Championship Event due to technical issues? What the gently caress?

I’m over here still trying to figure out what the Championship Event even is, and they go and cancel it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Any tips for breaking through the final Thrawn tier? I was not expecting 7 to be that much tougher than 6, but I'm really struggling to take out anyone in the last room.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I’m over here still trying to figure out what the Championship Event even is, and they go and cancel it.

Do you like Grand Arena?

No...?

Well... what about Grand Arena that lasts a whole month???

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

HebrewMagic posted:

Any tips for breaking through the final Thrawn tier? I was not expecting 7 to be that much tougher than 6, but I'm really struggling to take out anyone in the last room.

Make sure you come in with all your CDs ready, try to get Hera's backup plan on Kanan while he has taunt up but before he eats a fracture. Ideally that will kill him and he'll come back to life right after that. Make sure you cleanse the buffs off both Death Troopers with some combination of Ezra, Chopper and Zeb's specials ASAP.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://i.imgur.com/CftISwZ.png

What the gently caress? One gold as a reward for their gently caress up? What?!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CftISwZ.png

What the gently caress? One gold as a reward for their gently caress up? What?!

This is them setting all the rewards to the minimum possible so they can shut it down. Actual "we hosed up" rewards will follow

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

You earned that credit, baby

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:hmmyes:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Hey everyone, remember that we have a Discord server where 99.9% of the discussions take place. We have strats, memes, help from people who have played this game for 3+ years, and if you want to eventually want to join Qui Goon-Jin or get into Something Maulful, our try-hard guild, please be sure to post in the recruitment thread and we'll get you added to the list. Hope everyone's having a good time with this and surviving this new TB, and if you're not, joining Discord is a good cure for what ails you.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The discord is cool and fun even if you are already in a guild full of pubbies too. Lots of info and making fun of hockles

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

There's been a change in leadership for QGJ, so as acting Guild Leader allow me to also say join the discord and get in on the fun/bullshit

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Also we're all focusing Jawa squads now

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
:byodood:

Jawa/Geo/Droid synergy has to exist.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Is there room in either of the goon guilds right now? I've been playing this game for like a year and just noticed that there was a thread about it. I'm tired of my pubbie guild not getting enough people to start TWar.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Barry posted:

Is there room in either of the goon guilds right now? I've been playing this game for like a year and just noticed that there was a thread about it. I'm tired of my pubbie guild not getting enough people to start TWar.

Get onto our Discord (through the spreadsheet in the OP) and we'll get you right into QGJ!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Do you actually require its use for anything ingame? To say I use Discord sparingly would be an understatement.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Barry posted:

Do you actually require its use for anything ingame? To say I use Discord sparingly would be an understatement.

I think it's fair to say that the upper guild, Something Maulful, heavily uses it for strats and coordination. The lower guild, Qui-Goon Jin, uses it to a far less of an extent. It's really important for learning and tapping knowledge and tools for farming and gearing, though.

I had never used Discord before, and I learned it for this game, and I've learned a lot and it was a big help.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
My reticence has always been that I don't really want another thing buzzing away on my phone to distract me. I have it on my desktop PC for chatting with friends and the occasional multiplayer game but that's about it.

I could install it and just have it on mute and try to remember to check it here and there.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Barry posted:

My reticence has always been that I don't really want another thing buzzing away on my phone to distract me. I have it on my desktop PC for chatting with friends and the occasional multiplayer game but that's about it.

I could install it and just have it on mute and try to remember to check it here and there.

That's what I do. I also use it to talk to my friends in group chats. Muting on the phone is the way to go. You can also mute channels you don't want to hear if there are some you want notifications from

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah my phone never buzzes for discord unless somebody specifically ats me. You can mute all the channels and you should unless you want 23 hours a day of hockles meme updates

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm Hockles and I don't even want 23 hours of Hockles memes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Barry posted:

I mostly use it to chat during work hours at my PC, and sometimes to check poo poo when I'm at home in bed on my phone.

It never makes a peep on my phone, even for DM's.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Cool, I joined discord and posted my ally code.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Barry posted:

Cool, I joined discord and posted my ally code.

Post in the recruitment channel and put your ally code in the "just ally codes" channel so people can friend you.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

In QGJ you never have to login to discord to play. Its obviously encouraged but not necessary.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

The strategic advantage of hockles memes can never be overstated.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Please tell me that's a real challenge coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Moral_Hazard posted:

Please tell me that's a real challenge coin.

It's the discord channel icon