Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

RatHat posted:

He was in rehab after flipping his Dodge Viper, yeah. The intro bit with him was filmed later. Thankfully the show was on hiatus for 3 weeks anyway.

The sad thing about him is that he now claims to be a "reformed alcoholic," and after a few decades of sobriety he now drinks every day. :smith:

KoRMaK posted:

Seriously you all, read the cannibal spec scrip linked a couple pages back.

Yes. It's loving pitch-perfect and had me guffawing at a few points. It's a farce on the levels of "Ham Radio." The only thing missing is Martin going "Aw, jeez."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Timby posted:

The sad thing about him is that he now claims to be a "reformed alcoholic," and after a few decades of sobriety he now drinks every day. :smith:

Yes. It's loving pitch-perfect and had me guffawing at a few points. It's a farce on the levels of "Ham Radio." The only thing missing is Martin going "Aw, jeez."

Anything with Niles is pitch perfect

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

KoRMaK posted:

Seriously you all, read the cannibal spec scrip linked a couple pages back.

It good.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FilthyImp posted:

That's the one where he's with the redhead snob who shares all his interests, bit is invariably drawn to sabotage it by skanking it up with his friend the single mom.

Claire wasn't a snob, she was lovely! She had a great rapport with Martin, too.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

supernatural blonde posted:

Claire wasn't a snob, she was lovely! She had a great rapport with Martin, too.

God, that Claire / Lana subplot was so loving banal. I mean, Jean Smart did a great job playing Lana, but the character was so loving nauseating and then it gave us a seemingly endless run of episodes with loving Kirby. God.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Worst characters:
1. Daphne's mom
2. Kirby
3. Noel

Best characters:
1. Simon
2. Bebe
3. Island Niles

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ohhhh gently caress Kirby! I forgot about that poo poo!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Also was anyone else sad that Kelsey Grammar didnt GET BEEFY when he was Beast in X-Men???

no but i was downright spooked when i heard kelsey's tough guy voice in expendables 3

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Best characters:
1. Simon

Get the everloving gently caress out of here. The only tolerable members of Daphne's family were Brian Cox, Richard E. Grant and Robbie Coltrane (like gently caress if I can remember their characters' names, though).

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

wished kelsey had kept his natural voice/accent and talked up his company of mercs the way frasier talks up his favorite concertos

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I thought Simon was hilarious in that “lol wtf” way. Much better than Daphne’s mom, which was just a drag.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Am I the only person on earth who didn't think Daphne's mom was that bad

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cosmik Slop posted:

I can't even stand Daphne.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Cosmik Slop posted:

I thought she was pretty funny, and lived up perfectly to Daphne's stories about her.

An actually bad character is Noel, and that campy gay producer that was in one episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I can't even stand Daphne.

AHHM AH BEEET PSYYYCHIC

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

All the Noel jokes were broken down to their component elements, mashed together into a slurry, and used to create TBBT.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The only time Noel was funny was in the Radio Drama episode.

That was such a great one though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Koalas March posted:

The only time Noel was funny was in the Radio Drama episode.

That was such a great one though.

Yeah, "Ham Radio" is a perfect Frasier farcical episode, along with "The Innkeepers."

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Daphne's mom wasn't really that bad, just unnecessary. Filling in the cracks of Seasons 9-10 with Moon family nonsense was a bad decision.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Laterite posted:

Daphne's mom wasn't really that bad, just unnecessary.
She was actively antagonistic and basically derived pleasure at seeing Daphne fail or work as her personal maid?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Timby posted:

Yeah, "Ham Radio" is a perfect Frasier farcical episode, along with "The Innkeepers."

"Dial M for Martin" is on my list as well.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

artsy fartsy posted:

I thought she was pretty funny, and lived up perfectly to Daphne's stories about her.

THERE'LL BE NOOO NAPS IN HELL

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Laterite posted:

Daphne's mom wasn't really that bad, just unnecessary. Filling in the cracks of Seasons 9-10 with Moon family nonsense was a bad decision.

It was sort of like the Moon nonsense in later Dick Tracy.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Who's everyone dressing up as for this year's Frasier halloween? I'm gonna be Bob Hoskins in a tank top.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bloodplay it again posted:

Who's everyone dressing up as for this year's Frasier halloween? I'm gonna be Bob Hoskins in a tank top.

O.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Oh.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I liked Kirby and Simon. Hated Daphne's mom and Cam Winston though. Probably more a product of the show's general decline than anything specific about him, I guess.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Niles and Frasier driving around in the Space Coupe would have owned so hard.

Roz is from the moon and has a space baby with Bulldog.

Inject this right into my veins please.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

I liked Kirby and Simon. Hated Daphne's mom and Cam Winston though. Probably more a product of the show's general decline than anything specific about him, I guess.

I liked Kirby too. Having Frasier mentor an amiable fuckup was a good concept. Tying it to yet another romance doomed to failure (Kirby's mom) was the problem.

Laterite fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 9, 2019

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I can't remember what thread you mentioned that in, but every time I explain it to people they 100% think I'm loving with them.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

Hated ... Cam Winston though.

You monster

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Cam Winston worked better as Frasier's unseen nemesis than what we got on camera. It did give us Martin and Cam's mom loving with them though; that was worthwhile.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Martin should have married Cam's mom instead of Ronee (who I always have to google to remember her name).

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
I never saw the last few seasons of Frasier so whenever anyone mentions this Cam Winston person I think of Panthers QB Cam Newton

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Laterite posted:

Cam Winston worked better as Frasier's unseen nemesis than what we got on camera.

Frasier saying Cam Winston's name ended up being more memorable than anything about the actual character himself

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"You do your share of polluting in that substitute for masculinity."

"If mine's a substitute for masculinity, what's yours?"

"BIGGER!" :haw:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Well What Now posted:

I never saw the last few seasons of Frasier so whenever anyone mentions this Cam Winston person I think of Panthers QB Cam Newton

Cam Winston is just as scary to white folks.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

laughin' in rhythm

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Bloodplay it again posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

This is the one where he takes it too far, right? Just seeing this made me tense up.