Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ah well.

What's the word on the costumes?

I'd like to get a Spidey suit that's not all tentacles, but only if it's better than the IW costume.

I love Spidey 2099 but I hate that new costume so I'll hate it if I have to get it to make him significantly better. I wish you could just buy the costume and then apply all the good poo poo about it to the costume of your choice, which would be the original classic.

I got Mysterio because you're got-drat right I got Mysterio. Still looks snazzy enough and close to the O.G. look. Looks fancy in the Legendary Battle at least. Leveling the Sinister Six to 70 just became my new priority, as much as I'd like to continue inching Deadpool up to T3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They completely ruined the uru combination process. As best as I can tell its impossible to convert all of one type of 1* into a bunch of 2* at once. You either do them 1 at a time or you convert ALL you 1* into random 2* urus. So good luck if you're trying to upgrade one kind of uru.

That pissed me off last night.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

STAC Goat posted:

They completely ruined the uru combination process. As best as I can tell its impossible to convert all of one type of 1* into a bunch of 2* at once. You either do them 1 at a time or you convert ALL you 1* into random 2* urus. So good luck if you're trying to upgrade one kind of uru.

That pissed me off last night.

You can lock all the ones you don't want combined, like lock all non energy then the energy ones will combo up. I saw a LOT of complaints on reddit so hopefully they change it. I'll continue ignoring urus completely until they get it sorted. :toot:

Is Electro worth a mega T2? (edit: the "free" one from the anniversary tokens shop, I'm not whaling for a new one for a Spidey villain. Maybe for Darkhawk or Firestar). I'm working on Kid Kaiju as my last bio sub char otherwise and would love to let my subscription drop once I get him to 4x20. I used my $2 6* normal selector on the water guy so I could finally empty out my inbox, and will get the magma guy up through SL and alliance bios.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 2, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ah thanks. At least that's some kind of workaround. I was messing with it last night and couldn't figure one out, but it was late.

I only really noticed because I was unlocking that SHIELD Academy mission. And I only really care about urus because I have Falcon up to Rank #5 and I'm sooooooooo close.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Can you no longer upgrade equipped urus? The only option I can see is to unequip them.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
Well I'm back playing this after almost 2 years. The game is absolutely throwing stuff at me.

I got two 6 star character selectors and I have 3 more coming in the returning 28 day check in. I used one on Minn-Erva because apparently she is good. Is there anyone else I should use it on? My options for unowned characters are basically Molten Man, Korath, Thing, Human Torch, Morgan Le Fay, Iron Hammer, Goliath, Ulysses Klaue and Shuri.

I've gotten so many gems as well. I could get some uniforms or some of the store exclusive characters like Emma Frost. I'm not really sure what to do there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, so with the trick of locking Urus you don't want to combine this new Uru system is actually pretty good. Now that you don't need all those other resources to combine them its way more practical. I can finally clear out the 2000 * energy defense urus. I just need the gold.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

what's the word on the new costumes? are they significant improvements?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

bobmcdynamite posted:

Can you no longer upgrade equipped urus? The only option I can see is to unequip them.

I read on reddit that they're going to fix that.

As far as costumes, I've read that Spider-Man 2099 at 70 is better than Spider-Man with his new uni's at t3. I haven't bought the Spider-Man unis yet, but 2099's new uni makes him relevant again. I only have him at 60 with a ctp of transcendence but he can sometimes deal with Jean, Deadpool, and Thanos in TL. He also gets his rear end kicked by Wolverine and Captain Marvel. I've only played a little bit with him in Vibranium, but he seems like a decent alternative. I don't think he'll change who people use too much.

Mysterio is a large improvement, but at the same time I don't think I'll use him in any meaningful way beyond shadowland.

My molten man and hydroman aren't level 60 yet or anything, so I can't comment on them.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

kertap posted:

Well I'm back playing this after almost 2 years. The game is absolutely throwing stuff at me.

I got two 6 star character selectors and I have 3 more coming in the returning 28 day check in. I used one on Minn-Erva because apparently she is good. Is there anyone else I should use it on? My options for unowned characters are basically Molten Man, Korath, Thing, Human Torch, Morgan Le Fay, Iron Hammer, Goliath, Ulysses Klaue and Shuri.

I've gotten so many gems as well. I could get some uniforms or some of the store exclusive characters like Emma Frost. I'm not really sure what to do there.

Keep in mind with the store chars like Emma, Sabretooth and Iceman you have to buy them multiple times to get them geared up and to T2. It gets cheaper after the first time but its still a lot of gems though at least now you can spend gems directly if you get stuck at 20/20/20/19 instead of needing to buy another package.

I don't know how Molten Man is yet but Morgan Le Fay and Iron Hammer are both decent choices. Shuri and Klaue are solid but are usually support to other chars rather than fighting directly. Korath is solid. Torch and Thing are easier to get from the FF epic quest.

Minn-Erva's costume is decent. One of the new Captain Marvel costumes makes her great. Captain America and Winter Soldier are easy to rank up and are really good with their infinity war or newer uniforms.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

what's the word on the new costumes? are they significant improvements?

The others were covered, but the FFH Spidey costume (and the Stealth variant) both seem to be good, although from what some say they're not 'good enough' as an improvement over his IW costume but if you don't have that (and I didn't) then it's fine. It's probably fine even if so.

I've been using my crystals to buy a bunch of the Endgame costumes on sale - got Cap and Natasha and eyeing either Ronin or Thor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can't upgrade equipped urus now but you can unequip them for free. It looks like there's supposed to be a crystal cost for it but right now its 0. So I'm guessing that's a bug. I assume there will be a big fix for the system at the next patch.

But I just unequpped my 5* uru and equipped the new 6* I worked up.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

kertap posted:

Shuri is really good and has a team passive for world bosses. Iron Hammer is also a good choice.

As for crystals, most of the expensive uniforms are great, with the exception of Punisher. The Black Panther uni is a good choice, too, since you get the legendary battle and premium card with it. As for crystal characters, only Emma and Iceman are worth crystals, in my opinion.

STAC Goat posted:

You can't upgrade equipped urus now but you can unequip them for free. It looks like there's supposed to be a crystal cost for it but right now its 0. So I'm guessing that's a bug. I assume there will be a big fix for the system at the next patch.

But I just unequpped my 5* uru and equipped the new 6* I worked up.

As long as it stays free, it's just a minor annoyance, I guess.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I’m dumb for two reasons. First I used my new player stuff unbelievably poorly. So I reset to do things better but (second dumb thing) forgot to quit Doctor Goon first. Can someone kick TubaSushi so I can get in on BigHeroesONLY? :smith:

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

I’m dumb for two reasons. First I used my new player stuff unbelievably poorly. So I reset to do things better but (second dumb thing) forgot to quit Doctor Goon first. Can someone kick TubaSushi so I can get in on BigHeroesONLY? :smith:

It won't let us kick anyone until Tuesday morning after reset, unfortunately. During Conquest, the game doesn't allow alliances to make changes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 thread is up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893301&perpage=40

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Can we expect to get enough currency to clear the new event shop that just went up or should I save and grab the Mega-Tickets?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Can we expect to get enough currency to clear the new event shop that just went up or should I save and grab the Mega-Tickets?

If you do it every day without fail you can get the most expensive item only (mega 6 in this case). You have to shell out $$ for the packages it advertises to you each time you enter the event store if you want more than that. I'd pick which item would best help you and gun for that. Mega 6s are good but if you get plenty of gems you can get one every friday. T2 tickets are always needed but you get a free one from logging in every month. Personally I always go for the most expensive item except in the rare case where I wanted an extra T2 ticket to unlock Jean Grey faster. The T3 mats can be worthwhile too if that's where you are bottlenecked.

You can get 350 tokens for $30 and 880 for $80. 50 per day for 10 days this time around is 500 for free.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I feel like the recent additions have really trailed off powerwise and thus I still have a Mega 6 and 3 T2 tickets.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm now down to only Hydro Man, Molten Man, Whiplash, and Titania for non-premium characters to T2 and like 6 stockpiled T2 tickets so I'm grabbing the Mega ticket to use on another premium.

I'm like 2 days away tops from having enough crystals for Psylocke and I'm so excited. Psylocke, Stryfe, and hopefully Nick Fury with the crystals I get back. SO EXCITED!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

As a Spider-villain dork, I'm annoyed that I can't get Electro without paying money. Is there any word on whether he's good?

Does the Mega 6 work on Premium Characters?

If I hadn't JUST splurged to get Juggernaut, I'm not really able to do so again anytime soon. My X-Genes just expired. Juggernaut's at T2, made slight progress on Magik (Now 20/20/19/16), and got Weapon Hex up to 4 stars.

I've noticed that the new Cap Endgame uniform (not the team one) has a helmeted profile picture for it, but the uni itself is maskless, and it wasn't like that before. They've said there's a little more Endgame content left in the offing... I gotta think it's gonna be Mjolnir Cap. It better have synergy - or better yet, they just automatically change that maskless new Cap into Mjolnir Cap because it's important to make me happy.

I've still got a ways to go, but I'm making good progress on T2ing everyone.

My Shop Projects are Universal: Jane Thor, Blast: Hydro-Man (putting Whiplash on hold as he's almost at 4/20), Combat: Molten Man (putting Cho Hulk on hold, as he's a long way off), Speed: Silk. Dimension Rift projects are Warpath and Bishop. Special Mission project is Hulkling (almost 4/20) to finish the New Avengers and Gwenpool - almost where I can burn a T2 ticket on her - then Inferno and Dormammu to complete the Special Mission Quest Packs. Current Story Mission project is Deathlok. Starting Mordo work again as I'd left the 4 magic dorks by the wayside for a long while.

Blew a lot of crystals on costumes for 2099, Spidey and Mysterio. Long way to go to Adam Warlock, the last one I can technically unlock for free.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

Does the Mega 6 work on Premium Characters?
Yeah. You have to unlock them first but then you can get them from 1* to 6 with the ticket. I just did with Gambit and Juggernaut.

I'm disappointed they didn't give Electro one of those secret Legendary Battle crystal work arounds. Friendly reminder, you can grab a 6* Nick Fury or Ghost through there. I didn't know that about Ghost before I unlocked him/her with a pay, but Nick is my next goal after I get Psylocke and before i look at Iceman, Sabretooth, or costumes.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Mega 6s do work on premiums. Anyone but native T2s.

Electro does great damage but seems squishy. I was on autopilot and forgot to try him on ebony maw today. I used my anniversary mega t2 so I should probably try to get more mileage from him.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

bobmcdynamite posted:

It won't let us kick anyone until Tuesday morning after reset, unfortunately. During Conquest, the game doesn't allow alliances to make changes.

These last few days have been torturous! Whenever you get some spare time, please kick TubaSushi after reset so I can join on the account I didn’t reset, now called BigButtsONLY :)

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Done! I also accidentally kicked TARDISman85 because I'm a goddamned idiot, so feel free to reapply, TARDIS.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
I applied to goonlactus. Ign same as SA name.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Thanks ! Couple questions.

Got Minerva out of a random chest. Should I still use one of my six star selectors on her? I vaguely remember it being a waste to use selectors on people you already have.

Should I get the MRUT or the t2 ticket from the event shop? I’m f2p (might buy a stark stash here and there but that’s it)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If you use the 6* selector on her you are only out effectively 8 bios. If you'd done it in the opposite order you'd just get your choice of 8 combat bios so not missing a lot.

And if you just started over I'd probably go for the MRUT to get more 6* people to make headway in shadowlands and world boss. The easy T2 people like Captain America and Winter Soldier are cheap enough you shouldn't use a T2 ticket on them, and the harder T2 people will be difficult to get to 4x20 to use the T2 ticket anyway until you are reliable clearing shadowlands 15.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Am I correct in thinking that the only way to get Colossus is via an Ally Shifter or daily X-Genes?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There’s also whenever they do a X Vs Inhuman event that’ll get you around 175-200.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

In the Epic Quest for X-Force, does anyone have the Cable's Gene completed or progressed far at all? It's the one for a mythic uniform upgrade ticket. I'm still at 3/15 despite having done Chrome Plated Comrade every day since the quests were entered. I've been done with all the other quests for weeks now. For what it's worth I've got item acquisition rate maxed in the agent bonuses.

edit: speaking of Epic Quest:

Dawgstar posted:

Am I correct in thinking that the only way to get Colossus is via an Ally Shifter or daily X-Genes?

You can get 25 Colossus x-genes by finishing the Submachine Gun quest which you get the parts for from the Fantomex and Domino missions as well as Chrome Plated Comrade. Might help you unlock him for free if you are having bad luck with shifters.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 12, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have all those missions completed and awards collected. I think the Chrome Plated Comrade was the one that took the longest. I probably went a month or two between finishing my last one and finishing that. Once I finished the ones that required missions that aren't on the daily board I just stopped paying attention, did all my daily board stuff, and after a looooong time got them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What do you generally need to successfully do the World Bosses on normal difficulty? Currently I have two level 60 tier 2 characters (Sharon Rodgers and Spider-man, who has both the new suits, and the suits are upgraded to Mythic themselves), but I don't think either have any upgrades beyond that point and are using kinda sub-par custum equipment and ISO-s (Spider-man has an 8-ISO bonus made from low-star ISOs, though). I usually use Captan America (who is my one non-Spidey character with a fancy suit - the Endgame one - though it's not upgraded) as the third member for hard content, since he's also 60 with max mastery, though not Tier-2. I can get down the bosses I've tried (like the big green mace dude from today) to like 1/4 or 1/3 health, so it's entirely possible it's just a skill thing and I need to learn to time defensive skills better.

It seems like the challenge requirements to unlock Normal for the characters on the right are extremely high. Is it assumed that you're just not supposed to finish them until you've played the game for many months (or paid money, though they honestly make the cost so high for those unlocks that I feel like they'd make more overall if they decreased it).

Also, broad question that I could not find answered in the OP - what should I be doing each day? Currently the list of things I try to do is the following:

- 2 Dailies
- Quests for biometrics from the Epic Quests (which seem to be a "you just gradually do this over a reaaaally long time" sort of thing)
- 3 Villain Sieges
- Sometimes Dimension Rifts, though I'm starting to question whether these are worth it - it always seems to be the same several
- Recently I can successfully do the first two floors of Shadowlands

Also are there any good ways to make money? I can get a nice guaranteed ~600-700k per day from Dailies + , but poo poo is expensive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

World Boss is definitely a later stage thing. Your Sharon should be able to get wins, though. If you work up Cap he could too. But you mostly have to work your roster up and learn each bosses' vulnerabilities and how other characters give bonuses. And yeah, figure out your cards, isos, etc. Its a journey. I went from not being able to beat any of them, to being able to get a win here or there, to getting a few, etc, etc.

The best way to get gold is Co-Op Missions. What you want to do is get as many people on your roster to 4*/Level 40 (I think, it will tell you inside Co-Op Missions). That ups your bonus level and lets you collect more. At the top level you can get 2-5 million in gold a day.

World Boss Invasions are a helpful thing to do early on. You can score big prizes with bios, stones, and gold and don't actually need big guns to win (because someone else can do all the work).

You should probably be doing Special Missions. They give a lot of experience there's useful characters in there like Crystal, Sandman... actually that's it. Maybe Mysterio is good now? But the rifters (Gwenpool, Vulture, Inferno) are good and will take forever to get. So you might as well start now if you have the energy.

Dimension Rifts are a toss up. I try to do them every day but its a drag on energy if you don't have a lot of it. I'd focus on doing Loki, Angel, or maybe Warpath ones and just try and work them up. You'll need Dimension Debris to work up characters and those three will help you. But it probably shouldn't be your priority.

In general I'd say the approach early on should be to do as much of the Daily Board you can manage and accept the rest is just something you'll grow into. And maybe focus your energy usage on getting specific characters. So make sure you're using Dimension Rifts to work up Loki/Angel, your Story Missions for maybe Cap/Spidey, ONE Epic Quest, etc. That way you get specific characters up quicker instead of "wasting" energy giving a lot of people a little progress.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bagrada posted:

In the Epic Quest for X-Force, does anyone have the Cable's Gene completed or progressed far at all? It's the one for a mythic uniform upgrade ticket. I'm still at 3/15 despite having done Chrome Plated Comrade every day since the quests were entered.

same but i only have 2/15 if you can believe it

its messed up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That one's definitely the hardest. Like I said, it was the last one of mine that finished and that was months after the others. And I didn't even have 1 for a long time. I had to look up online where it dropped so I was sure I was actually playing the right missions.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I forgot about that one, but I've got that and the one that drops from Beast's tracker to do. I get that those missions were prolly added to burn energy, but the super low drop rate on some of those things kinda sucks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Now that I have no farmable characters left to T2 this game is taking a weird turn. I almost wish I could use ticket on WBU just to cut down how much time I need to devote to playing. Guess the game is now just see how many characters I can get to level 70 while taking months to T3 people.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

What do you generally need to successfully do the World Bosses on normal difficulty?

Keep in mind you don't have to do the daily bonus World Boss either. If there's one you can defeat more easily, stick with them, especially if you can beat them five times while building up your teams. When I started off I had a lot of problems with Proxima because her purple rain seemed to come out of nowhere. So I ignored her most of the time and just did the others. Now that I'm on WBU, I ignore Supergiant because she doesn't give T3 mats and I ignore Thanos most of the time though I probably have five teams that can kill him if played carefully now.

Also if you can make sure you do your challenges every day, the crystals do slowly add up to help you get more uniforms and stuff, and the bonus energy and tickets will definitely come in handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

bagrada posted:

In the Epic Quest for X-Force, does anyone have the Cable's Gene completed or progressed far at all? It's the one for a mythic uniform upgrade ticket. I'm still at 3/15 despite having done Chrome Plated Comrade every day since the quests were entered. I've been done with all the other quests for weeks now. For what it's worth I've got item acquisition rate maxed in the agent bonuses.

I ran that goddamn mission 3 times a day since it started and just got it finished the other day. The drop rates are abysmal.