Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm gonna be a rich bitch and #MyAriel is going to look like a goddamn manatee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

The very all caps replies followed by ZACH really makes this shine.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

<is toxically masculine>

"Well you fuckin' should be!"

<develops a diaper fetish or something>

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Malachi Constant posted:

<is toxically masculine>

"Well you fuckin' should be!"

<develops a diaper fetish or something>

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1146397716328656896

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hmm. I wonder. If only there was something in the film itself which could dispr-

Oh look at that, turns out underwater magic fish people can ALSO be purple.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I hope Ursula is white as all hell so I get to see people get even more riled up about a children's movie.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dale-Taco posted:

I hope Ursula is white as all hell so I get to see people get even more riled up about a children's movie.

There's rumor of her being played by Melissa McCarthy, so if that's happening, you're gonna have some fun.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Cleretic posted:

There's rumor of her being played by Melissa McCarthy, so if that's happening, you're gonna have some fun.

Lizzo or they should cancel the whole thing now.

Good doggo:

https://twitter.com/Molly_Kats/status/1148351768499236864

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I can't fuckin wait for my wife to earn more than me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jet Jaguar posted:

Oh goddamn, that would be incredible

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SpottyLen/status/1147971515985616897

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

Lizzo should play Prince Eric.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Cleretic posted:

i think that would sufficiently own

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Wasn't the Boston tea party just a bunch of rich tea smugglers who got angry because the Brits were lowering the tax on tea and so biting into their profits?

Yeah I know there was that paper tax too but that had been repelled at that point.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Nobody actually wanted to cook that so they paid someone to photoshop it.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I just want you to know that I really appreciate this tweet

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Katt posted:

Wasn't the Boston tea party just a bunch of rich tea smugglers who got angry because the Brits were lowering the tax on tea and so biting into their profits?

Yeah I know there was that paper tax too but that had been repelled at that point.

yeah but that sounds way less noble

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Katt posted:

yea im gonna need u to stop implying that my fellow patriots are uneducated morons

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

https://twitter.com/MrGeorgeWallace/status/1148386505624133632

George Wallace is such a pro follow.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrGeorgeWallace/status/1077070789789138945?s=19

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Target Practice posted:

I can't fuckin wait for my wife to earn more than me.

My wife earns more than me and i can tell you, its pretty loving sweet.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Shai-Hulud posted:

My wife earns more than me and i can tell you, its pretty loving sweet.

:same:

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I've never understood couples who actually care about each other's income. My wife and I have been married for 10 years and it's always been "our" income. No separation. One bank account. My best friend and his wife bicker all the time about who uses who's money. That's fuckin weird to me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Katt posted:

All of the tax protests were because the colonists had no say in Parliament but were still subject to its laws. There were also issues with the East India Company using government connections to gain advantages over local importers, but the issue that caused rebellion was a general problem with the lack of representation. Protests against specific laws like taxes and quartering British soldiers were just the specific manifestation of their grievances.

This is also why many commoners supported the revolution despite the modern attempt at painting it as "rich white men throwing a fit." The lack of representation in Parliament while still being considered subjects was seen as a violation of their rights that could easily be used against them.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Untrustable posted:

I've never understood couples who actually care about each other's income. My wife and I have been married for 10 years and it's always been "our" income. No separation. One bank account. My best friend and his wife bicker all the time about who uses who's money. That's fuckin weird to me.

the only stable equilibrium points are total joint/shared money, or completely separate money so that you don't argue about money. the share but care model is just a fight generator

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Untrustable posted:

Clearly your wife isn't aware of your username.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

chitoryu12 posted:

All of the tax protests were because the colonists had no say in Parliament but were still subject to its laws. There were also issues with the East India Company using government connections to gain advantages over local importers, but the issue that caused rebellion was a general problem with the lack of representation. Protests against specific laws like taxes and quartering British soldiers were just the specific manifestation of their grievances.

This is also why many commoners supported the revolution despite the modern attempt at painting it as "rich white men throwing a fit." The lack of representation in Parliament while still being considered subjects was seen as a violation of their rights that could easily be used against them.

Americans paid a lot less in taxes than people in Britain did at the time. And after the revolution only land owning white men had any representation so I think it's fair to say that the the core of the revolution was a bunch of rich guys seizing power by making the people give their lives for lofty promises of true representation.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

:catstare:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I haven't seen pea-ness like that before

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Katt posted:

Americans paid a lot less in taxes than people in Britain did at the time. And after the revolution only land owning white men had any representation so I think it's fair to say that the the core of the revolution was a bunch of rich guys seizing power by making the people give their lives for lofty promises of true representation.

Wasn’t it also generally farmers who were more likely to be loyalists?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Nottherealaborn posted:

Wasn’t it also generally farmers who were more likely to be loyalists?

The rate of loyalists to rebels was actually pretty high. Families broke over it and many loyalists moved to Canada.

For Canada Britain saw was a screwup the US had been and gave them representation in the form of dominion status when rebellion started fermenting.

Britain had been running the American colonies at a loss (almost every single colony where the power tried to maintain full control would run at a loss for the first 150+ years) but once the countries became independent. Britain no longer had to pay for soldiers and administrators and could simply tax the trade at an enormous profit.

It's probably a good thing that the US broke away when it did. Britain would later ban slavery and the royal navy would relentlessly hunt slave ships and force other countries to ban it as well under the thread of naval blockade. If the US had not already seceded. It would certainly have done so it this point and slavery probably been protected by the constitution :v:

Katt has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Jul 9, 2019

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Welcome to McEscher's may I take your order?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/rylrat/status/1148293730300026880

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Untrustable posted:

I'm the same way, we have been together 15 years and had a joint account within 6 months.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I did care about my ex's income, but only because her money was mysteriously disappearing. I knew exactly how much she made and we even went over her bills and expenses, and found that she should have as much as $100 a week in spending money left over. But somehow her phone was always getting disconnected, her debit card was getting declined at the grocery store and I'd have to come and pay for it while she's crying in front of the customer service desk, etc.

I learned after our breakup that she's still having the exact same problems. Went on a cruise with her new boyfriend right after saying she needed to do $1 tarot readings to pay her bills. She just hemorrhages money.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've lived together with my spouse for over 11 years and we don't have a joint anything except for a CD that we opened up after we got married. Don't know what she does with her money, don't care, we go like 60/40 on everything because I make a little more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why the gently caress is everyone talking abotu personal finance

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Because splitting incomes is weird as gently caress.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Because not being single is weird as gently caress (to most goons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Wow what a nice bunch of good tweets good fuckin job everyone

https://twitter.com/itsdaneesaur/status/1146564064610529280?s=19