Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Tollymain posted:

read ten earth shattering blows while this is on hiatus

ok all done, that was fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Reminds me of American Barbarian for no clear reason, but it's good and I followed it. :toot:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah that's some good poo poo there, definitely added to my reading list.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

is that what the tube is for

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Tollymain posted:

:stonklol: There are some serious Mad Max vibes to this comic. I can't tell if I like it or not, but I'm intrigued.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

is that what the tube is for

You don't waste water in a desert my dude.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Motherfucker posted:

You don't waste water in a desert my dude.

they don't call him the lord of the well for nothing

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

lookit how stoked those lizards are

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Patreon update is live, so I think we're back on schedule.

e: based on the preview I think Al isn't going to have to go through the qualifier bracket and gets a pretty good seed in the main draw.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 9, 2019

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
MONTAGE

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I love her series of changing headgear to hide her key.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yep, gotta figure Al is gonna get about as many byes as possible in the tournament bracket given the looks she's getting in the last few panels.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Man I'd hate to be that dude mopping up blood in the corner there.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I love that there's another one literally just watching Allison, because he knows he's going to be needed soon.

Edit: Oh oh and the carts they're dragging around full of paperwork, haha

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i think my favorite subtle detail on this page is the ridiculous amount of paperwork visible

in the last panels there are like 4 little carts full of a solid brick of paper

e: also the little carts are clearly designed explicitly for the purpose of carting around ludicrous amounts of paperwork

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Look at how much restraint she showed there.
Not only is his head still attached to his neck, he also didn't lose any teeth. She must have been working on her precision.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I love the standardized training wife-beaters.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Getting some OPM vibes from this page. Want to place odds on her blowing the written portion?

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Gonna need more scribe.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

it is interesting how apparently fighters on alison's level are clearly not the norm here; you'd think superpowered weirdos would be crawling out of the woodwork, since we saw the pursuers taking an interest and alison showing the key in throne caused a bloodbath

maybe they're all like "nah gently caress that tournament i don't want to get carpal tunnel from filling out six billion forms"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

President Ark posted:

it is interesting how apparently fighters on alison's level are clearly not the norm here; you'd think superpowered weirdos would be crawling out of the woodwork, since we saw the pursuers taking an interest and alison showing the key in throne caused a bloodbath

maybe they're all like "nah gently caress that tournament i don't want to get carpal tunnel from filling out six billion forms"

To be fair we're just now seeing the fruits of Allison's strongifaction in action (the barfight didn't count! That was MID strongifaction). Presumably they weed out the losers (and idiots) during these tryouts so that you can have a proper tournament arc (and conveniently show off how far Allison has come)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

President Ark posted:

While in a heroic, universe-stakes adventure like Allison's we see these kinds of freaks all the time, I think a typical denizen of Throne probably on average goes their whole life without seeing acts of superhuman strength. It's not like those pencil pushers report directly to Solomon David or even his emissaries. This is likely that scribe's first time ever witnessing such might.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

President Ark posted:

Initial Six Billion Sections

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dr Subterfuge posted:

You may look down on them if you wish, but the members of the Thrice Consecrated Custodians of Immaculate Asepsis belong to a guild with history and lineage long enough to make any tinpot king green with envy. "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" is not just some idle saying to them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All these scribes are looking pretty samey... wonder if they’re also Solomon’s kids

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Can't believe Cio is getting tilted by Zaid, like lmao at a collage or whatever dude tilting the former demon queen.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Thought it was desk guy then the same guy initiating the six billion qualifier subsections

E: I mean that one purple guy
The other clerks seem to have p diff facial shapes imo

It will be revealed that all citizens are Dave's children [jacking off smily]

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 10, 2019

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Well, we know that Solomon has been reigning for thousands of years, assuming that he has been having a constant stream of sons to serve him and that they actually have their own families and descendants, you'd get to a weird point where Solomon is basically a recurring part of everyone's family tree. Like he's your great-grandfather but also your great-great-great-grandfather on the other side, and the great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather on multiple fronts. You'd just have to hope that the inflow of new people to his capital outweighs that effect. :stare:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Ashcans posted:

Well, we know that Solomon has been reigning for thousands of years, assuming that he has been having a constant stream of sons to serve him and that they actually have their own families and descendants, you'd get to a weird point where Solomon is basically a recurring part of everyone's family tree. Like he's your great-grandfather but also your great-great-great-grandfather on the other side, and the great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather on multiple fronts. You'd just have to hope that the inflow of new people to his capital outweighs that effect. :stare:

solomon's bloodline is immune to the negative effects of that specific form of incest. how? say it with me: kung-fu breathing bullshit

e: vvvv it could also be that

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 10, 2019

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Turns out most of the paperwork in the Empire is just tracking to avoid incest.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

President Ark posted:

There probably are a bunch of high-horsepower fighters out there like Allison, who are used to getting in no-rules knife fights with zero notice and winning them, but an order of magnitude more hopeless cases who are there in hopes of getting a sponsorship deal from a strong showing, or even worse, actually think they can win it. This is by design: remember, the purpose of the Ring of Power is to find a successor, and having the patience to fill out forms and fight nobodies below your dignity without flying off the handle, quitting, violating one of the innumerable tournament rules, or busting out your super move too early is a test of the patience of a King.

Synthbuttrange posted:

All these scribes are looking pretty samey... wonder if they’re also Solomon’s kids
Given the tone of his empire, even the ones who aren't probably try to deliberately ape his style.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

From what we've seen so far, Solomon's entire army of palace scribes/bureaucrats could very well be his children. The only people we've seen so far that clearly aren't are the soliders and laborers.

Ashcans posted:

Has it ever been suggested that they have families and children of their own? Maybe they're not allowed to. After all, they're very specifically his sons, not his grand- or great-grandchildren.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 10, 2019

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Given that Rayuba is probably like Singapore times 1,000 I wonder how many fighters even make it to the tournament without getting locked up the week before for spitting gum on the ground or cleaving a hole through a caravan on a drunken bender.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's not like those pencil pushers
You mean his younger sons?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he only has the one batch at a time i think

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tollymain posted:

he only has the one batch at a time i think

Its my birthday dad.

Oh of course, and you are, um

Don't tell me you forgot!

No no its just, which cohort are you again? I keep missing a decimal place one way or the other

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bilirubin posted:

You mean his younger sons?

I was referring to the shocked bureaucrats watching Allison. Unless this is a joke to say Solomon David is an extremely hands off father.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

its very in character and a microcosm of his existential problems that in the course of trying to be remembered and significant he had so many children that its just a normal rear end thing to be and none of them are really that interesting or special.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
That would be extremely on brand for the Demiurges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Looks like this bat-man didn't plan for fighting a furious dumbass heir to the entire cosmos.