Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I'd bandwagon as well, but I have no idea how much of a hassle it is on the PS4 because I never use the screencap or share poo poo ever

Also, the ilvl440 aiming gear looks... actually kind of nice

It's a far cry from the SB starting tome poo poo which looked terrible for some classes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Potassium Problems posted:

How are you guys getting your crafters/gatherers to 80 so fast? I tried to power through leveling MIN doing collectables but waiting for GP to refill/hi-cordials to come off cooldown was so tedious. Should I focus on leves instead?

Got all crafters and gatherers to 80 and will have fsh 80 by tomorrow and yeah, it's leves and gc turn ins and doing the crystalline mean quests. Also always using the squad manuals, revised manuals, and food. Kinda think doing the gc turn ins for crafters that weren't starred was a waste but definitely recommend doing them for gatherers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Got all crafters and gatherers to 80 and will have fsh 80 by tomorrow and yeah, it's leves and gc turn ins and doing the crystalline mean quests. Also always using the squad manuals, revised manuals, and food. Kinda think doing the gc turn ins for crafters that weren't starred was a waste but definitely recommend doing them for gatherers.

Also just gathering stuff for crafting leves provides a ton of XP. I like leveling up all of my crafters in parallel so that they support each other effectively.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Do you have a link? I'm curious to see cursed optimisation.

it's not particularly complicated. the idea is that now that flamethrower isn't tied to heat anymore, it can be used anywhere. the cursed optimisation comes from if a boss has a part where they leave the battlefield, you position yourself where they come back and pre-cast flamethrower. they should, if you're lucky, ideally take one tick of FT damage by the time you're able to actually target them and shoot them

it's 100 free potency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ayzJD2pmNMIEK19MWCF9Ps3TEw5FBJ82I8bQKoiQIFI/preview

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Potassium Problems posted:

How are you guys getting your crafters/gatherers to 80 so fast? I tried to power through leveling MIN doing collectables but waiting for GP to refill/hi-cordials to come off cooldown was so tedious. Should I focus on leves instead?

Took me one afternoon starting with i340 gear from SB to get from 70 to 80. I did custom deliveries, and then nothing but collectables and job quests (hq turn ins only). I imagine your second DoL takes a bit slower with no job quest XP, since those turn ins would get me near a full level of XP. And while you are waiting for gp to come back, grind something to sell on the MB, like logs.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Failboattootoot posted:

Shellman posted:

Took me one afternoon starting with i340 gear from SB to get from 70 to 80. I did custom deliveries, and then nothing but collectables and job quests (hq turn ins only). I imagine your second DoL takes a bit slower with no job quest XP, since those turn ins would get me near a full level of XP. And while you are waiting for gp to come back, grind something to sell on the MB, like logs.

Thanks, I think I'll set aside some time this weekend & Netflix and drink my way through it. Those crystalline mean quests are no joke EXP wise, I just wish they were job specific and not grouped up

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

DorkBot3000 posted:

Hey. gently caress off. Also;(late-late ShB stuff) Did anyone else have a mini heart attack that they were "Haurchefanting" us again with the Exarch? They give us the nicest dude on the planet to pal around with then; "BLAM" He on the ground. I yelled when Emet shot him. I'm glad poo poo turned out but in the moment I was horrified! :(

All I want is an in-cutscene option to hug him. Please yoship, PLEASE just let me hug him once. He flat out cried when you called him by his real name, he moved heaven and earth to save your life, all he wants to do is be happy with you, just let me hug him once.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There have been many times where I have wanted to give someone a hug who direly needs one.

Tataru, Alisaie, NuMinfilla, etc

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Alisaie needs 10 in-cutscene hugs and she needs em stat.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yes the game needs a hug interrupt.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
If we're still bandwagoning...

A Bug fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 9, 2019

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sunday Morning posted:

My favorite screenshot (75ish)

A silly sapling and her lovely branch

I also really liked that framing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

it's not particularly complicated. the idea is that now that flamethrower isn't tied to heat anymore, it can be used anywhere. the cursed optimisation comes from if a boss has a part where they leave the battlefield, you position yourself where they come back and pre-cast flamethrower. they should, if you're lucky, ideally take one tick of FT damage by the time you're able to actually target them and shoot them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ayzJD2pmNMIEK19MWCF9Ps3TEw5FBJ82I8bQKoiQIFI/preview

Wow, Flamethrower really is a strange attractor for cursed optimisation poo poo.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ibblebibble posted:

Wow, Flamethrower really is a strange attractor for cursed optimisation poo poo.

I wish I had never read this, because now my idiot loving brain is going to try and do it

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Hello all,

First of all, ty to everyone who has been playing for years and still uses spoiler tags. I've been trying not to read this thread much.

I'm having a blast on my newly rerolled preferred server double exp archer. I can't wait to be a bard. This games combat seems pretty easy so far but I like having to run away from the AOE zones. Though at level 13 I can facetank anything just fine so far. I'm a big fan of how easy grouping up for boss fights is, and I like that I can run past someone fighting a mob, shoot some arrows at it, and get some contributory exp without having to form a group. I wish there were chat bubbles, but also maybe I don't.

World is real pretty and the tone of the story is refreshing so far. Got into the game because people rave about the story so I can't wait to get into the good parts later on. Ty that's all for my new player blog post.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 9, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

S.J. posted:

I wish I had never read this, because now my idiot loving brain is going to try and do it

quote:

Galaxy Brain Optimization: Queen 1.0s Roller Dash > Pile Bunker Cancel
If Queen kills her current target at around 1.5s left, she’ll switch to a random enemy and cast Roller Dash instead of Arm Punch. Right after, as this will make her duration reach 0.0s, she’ll cast Pile Bunker. This is effectively +150p for free, if you can time the Queen summon right vs when the add will die.

However, if Queen kills the add with her very last Arm Punch, then she’ll simply disappear without a Pilebunker. Be careful!

5.0 MCH is a loving optimisation nightmare.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
My friend noticed something interesting but maybe pointless.

The final trial always takes place at 8:00 pm Eorzean time. We can't think of any other trial or encounter that does that.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kaubocks posted:

I feel like 100 potency per boss jump has to be, like, nearly indistinguishable.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ibblebibble posted:

BE CAREFUL man gently caress off with this idiot bullshit oh my god what is wrong with people

e: Also Gunbreaker is loving fun like drat

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Same as it ever was.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cabbit posted:

I feel like 100 potency per boss jump has to be, like, nearly indistinguishable.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

BisbyWorl posted:

I'm honestly wondering if WHM getting light themed upgrades is quietly paving the way for Geomancer, a job that would get much more mileage out of earth and wind related stuff.

AST lv80 job quest spoilers: After some astrology related revelations, the quest concludes with a recurring NPC from Kugane (Kyokuho) walking off and letting us know he’s going to be working hard on opening up a school for teaching Geomancy so............. yeah. Seems likely?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The biggest problem with MCH is that the bot looks enough like a person that I keep thinking I need to rescue or try and preheal someone for not doing mechanics.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
I'll jump on the bandwagon too, why not.

I gotta find something to replace this stupid Scion Rogue's Bandana, but bunny headgear options are pretty limited.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
SMN 80 Job Quest spoilers: Why is this about Fordola instead of any of the Summoner job NPCs that I can't remember?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Late bandwagon photo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

The biggest problem with MCH is that the bot looks enough like a person that I keep thinking I need to rescue or try and preheal someone for not doing mechanics.

i was doing exdr with a pal tonight. the one where the final boss of the dungeon mean knockback to the whole party and you have to sprint through electricity

i had just summoned queen and she had just summoned fray as everyone got knocked away. except them. they don’t give a gently caress. :allears:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

i was doing exdr with a pal tonight. the one where the final boss of the dungeon mean knockback to the whole party and you have to sprint through electricity

i had just summoned queen and she had just summoned fray as everyone got knocked away. except them. they don’t give a gently caress. :allears:

double posting to say that during this dungeon i was also rolling with my friend playing SAM. i literally got up from my desk in the middle of the last boss battle to take a pizza out of the oven, and after then dungeon i still parsed higher than him. and he’s a really good SAM

MCH damage is off the chain right now

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
An alternate take on the late MSQ bandwagon picture:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There have been many times where I have wanted to give someone a hug who direly needs one.

Tataru, Alisaie, NuMinfilla, etc

i think the person i wanted to hug the most throughout the game has been ysayle, though g'raha is very close if not even.

Shellman posted:

The 80 scrip gear for BTN makes a cute glam, and inspired me to knock that levelling out in one afternoon. Haven't seen much talk about it, but pretty happy with the job quests for 70-80 too. Early ShB zone pic if you want to avoid seeing that.

while i am biased and prefer highlander girls, this is a very cute lady.

i am also very cute in the 80 red mage outfit, though i don't wear it.

bonus shot of a line that proves ardbert is the best bro

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Clarste posted:

SMN 80 Job Quest spoilers: Why is this about Fordola instead of any of the Summoner job NPCs that I can't remember?

That quest should’ve been about telling the GC SMN not to feel bad about hiding at max range while Ifrit, tanks and melee are actually in danger.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Important post-MSQ information: Be sure to make a visit the Ocular and show the Exarch your new toy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

but why were the pixies turning into beavers

and for that matter how do we know how to speak beaver???

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The echo allows us to understand anything with a soul

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I am loving my new rapier/friend

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The echo allows us to understand anything with a soul

Surprised I can speak to lalafell then.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Clarste posted:

I'm just upset that SMN 80 isn't Alisaie yelling at you about summoning a fragment of Louisoix right in front of her.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

BisbyWorl posted:

I'm just upset that SMN 80 isn't Alisaie yelling at you about summoning a fragment of Louisoix right in front of her.

The whole Phoenix thing is just glossed over which is a bit surprising. The budding romance was a neat replacement, though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Explored the dwarf area to my heart's content, burned the Fantasia I'd chugged a month earlier.

Man in a corset alert:

Ka mate! Ka mate!

Ka ora! Ka ora!

Edit: You know what I feel like when I'm running around as a Hrothgar? Like when I was playing an Orc back in WoW. I'm starting to think that SE might actually be onto something with the differentiated body types here.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

have you ever seen such raw power