Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yes a sub genre of manga in much the same way that "Anal Vixxxens From Mars #16" is a subgenre of SciFi.

e: Christ what a lovely page snipe. Have a very sensible chuckle

loafers

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Jul 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

lol

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Toad Hall has fallen on hard times, it seems.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cLazybJ2o

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

bike tory posted:

Yes a sub genre of manga in much the same way that "Anal Vixxxens From Mars #16" is a subgenre of SciFi.

e: Christ what a lovely page snipe. Have a very sensible chuckle

loafers

Pair these with a nice Hogan Meat Shoe and you have a lovely lunch.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/Molly_Kats/status/1148351768499236864

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hope dogs can properly digest carrot.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Carrots and other root veg dont have that much fiber and are mostly starch and sugars.
Its onions and garlic that do them dirty.

Dog will be fine.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 13:25 on Jul 9, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My vet specifically recommended carrots and green beans for my doggo

She has zero interest in carrots but loves Dem beans

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Memento posted:

w...what?

That was real?

Yeah, its actually somewhat bizarre how so many of us who were kids in the 80's remember and are terrified of this B Canadian movie. There were a couple others around the time (also coincidentally Canadian) that all had the same frightening Nostalgia. 'The Great Land of Small' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2AFvjbtOvo&t=3743s) was another such movie and there's this hosed up scene (that really cost me some therapy later in life) where folks are slid down this slide into a hole almost as punishment and emerge as some freaking green bulbous gold-dust breathing monster ball creatures. A+ childhood trauma.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Gripweed posted:

There was a seal who learned to mimic human sounds. But he was in an aquarium in Boston, so he learned to mimic human sounds with a Boston accent

please listen to this seal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLNzK19179o

As an old fart from the Boston area, I can say this is 100% real. When I was a kid, every visit to New England Aquarium had to include a visit to Hoover, to get him to yell at you.

Vigilantly Vigorous
Jun 23, 2007
How delightful...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Carrots and other root veg dont have that much fiber and are mostly starch and sugars.

Dog will be fine.

Carrots aren't really starchy, nutritionally it's closer to broccoli than a potato. I give carrots to my dog daily, she loves the crunch.

Dog will be fine.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

Brewmaster posted:

Dildo Island about ready to drop into Spread Eagle Bay.

Please tell me this is real. I'm too afraid to google "dildo island" from work.

Google Captain Dildo for more fun!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The brother Captain Disillusion never speaks of.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Vigilantly Vigorous posted:

Carrots aren't really starchy, nutritionally it's closer to broccoli than a potato. I give carrots to my dog daily, she loves the crunch.

Dog will be fine.

Doggo likes the CRONCH!

..I like the cronch, too

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

DandyLion posted:

'The Great Land of Small' was another such movie and there's this hosed up scene (that really cost me some therapy later in life)

Of all the funny things in this thread this is by far the funniest.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Megillah Gorilla posted:

brother Captain Disillusion

My favorite Space Marine

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

40K definitely needs a loudmouth constantly criticising the Imperium, who can't just :commissar: a loyal Spasss marine.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Gamma Radiation is a helluva drug

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

DandyLion posted:

Yeah, its actually somewhat bizarre how so many of us who were kids in the 80's remember and are terrified of this B Canadian movie. There were a couple others around the time (also coincidentally Canadian) that all had the same frightening Nostalgia. 'The Great Land of Small' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2AFvjbtOvo&t=3743s) was another such movie and there's this hosed up scene (that really cost me some therapy later in life) where folks are slid down this slide into a hole almost as punishment and emerge as some freaking green bulbous gold-dust breathing monster ball creatures. A+ childhood trauma.

Gah! Holy poo poo, I remember that one! I have no idea where I even saw it. I grew up in the states in Michigan so I don't know what loving channel would play such a weird rear end movie. Canada back then made so many strange loving things that I only half remember, like those and the show "The Odyssey" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mf1Pzo9mWE. Bunch of weirdos.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Dog will be fine.

loving dogs. Two week dead penguin washed up on the beach? Totally fine. Another dog's vomit? All good. Literally an entire wicker outdoor chair/sofa set over the space of a month or so? Fine, enjoyable and good.

An onion? Hell no.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Whenever I see these I always picture the back and giggle to myself. If the front are like that the back of those jeans must be shredded.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I don't think that guy can say brotha

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't think that guy can say brotha

:hmmyes:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

bike tory posted:

loving dogs. Two week dead penguin washed up on the beach? Totally fine. Another dog's vomit? All good. Literally an entire wicker outdoor chair/sofa set over the space of a month or so? Fine, enjoyable and good.

An onion? Hell no.

I mean there's a ton of plants that are poisonous to humans that other animals can eat no problem.

Onions and garlic are like mega poison for cats and dogs. Like if we tried to eat a two week dead washed up penguin.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

FreudianSlippers posted:

I mean there's a ton of plants that are poisonous to humans that other animals can eat no problem.

Onions and garlic are like mega poison for cats and dogs. Like if we tried to eat a two week dead washed up penguin.

To some extent onions and garlic are poisonous to humans too, and for the same reason they are to dogs. One big difference is that a human generally won't suddenly scarf down a large portion of their body weight in raw onion, while a dog just might. This is also the case for chocolate.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Killer robot posted:

One big difference is that a human generally won't suddenly scarf down a large portion of their body weight in raw onion

Former Australian PM Tony Abbott would but I'm also pretty sure that he's not actually human

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UJ9_Qhekc

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I'd eat penguin

just puttin that out there for those interested

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You're not fooling anyone Tony Abbott, I've seen better "Totally a human" performances at a GOP convention .

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

I'd eat penguin

A fresh one, right?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Killer robot posted:

To some extent onions and garlic are poisonous to humans too, and for the same reason they are to dogs. One big difference is that a human generally won't suddenly scarf down a large portion of their body weight in raw onion, while a dog just might. This is also the case for chocolate.

The LD50 of chocolate for humans is only like 3 times that for dogs. People act like we can eat all the chocolate we want and dogs will instantly die if they have one small bite, but it’s really only three times as toxic by weight. Five times for cats.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/highonthighs/status/1148015792136622080

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

freeedr posted:

The LD50 of chocolate for humans is only like 3 times that for dogs. People act like we can eat all the chocolate we want and dogs will instantly die if they have one small bite, but it’s really only three times as toxic by weight. Five times for cats.

But given that your average cat is like 20-30 times lighter than a human, and chocolate is 5 times more toxic, that does kinda make even a small bit of chocolate pretty dangerous for a cat.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Now I'm not from the US so I could be wrong, but I'm still 99% sure that's not what American women sound like.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Collapsing Farts posted:

I'd eat penguin

Have I got a dish for you!

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot