Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Jose posted:

newcastle are the only premier league team not to sign anyone yet lol

Yeah, but last year Spurs didn't sign anyone and went to the Champions League final. So...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Blue Star Error posted:

So Villa have signed Mings and El-Ghazi, who they had on loan last season, and replaced Tammy Abraham with some Brazilian from the Belgian league, thus spending £50m to make their squad slightly worse than it was at the end of the season.

this is the problem with depending on loan players

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

this is the problem with depending on loan players

tbf its a good problem to have when it got Villa out of FFP jail and into billionaire wonderland its just funny to see a club spending so much money to stand still. Although I suppose its an upgrade on Xia's regime where they spent so much money to get worse.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, but last year Spurs didn't sign anyone and went to the Champions League final. So...

Well Spurs also didn’t have their top scorer on loan and then sell the second highest score.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Well Spurs also didn’t have their top scorer on loan and then sell the second highest score.

Last season Norwich sold their two top scorers and won the league. All the omens are lining up, Newcastle are going to win the league and get to the Champions League final.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Blue Star Error posted:

tbf its a good problem to have when it got Villa out of FFP jail and into billionaire wonderland its just funny to see a club spending so much money to stand still. Although I suppose its an upgrade on Xia's regime where they spent so much money to get worse.

yeah for sure the problem is when you get promoted everyone's value goes waaaay waaay up when you try to buy them. stuff like el ghazi's option to buy is smart but you can't always get it.

they also added matt targett and frederic guillbert who both appear to be better than anwar elmohamaday and neil taylor so they probably spent 70 million to get ever so slightly better

still not sure from whither the goals will come but whatever they should be able to stay up

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

on a similar note, it'll be interesting to see what happens now that Derby are no longer Frank Lampard's Derby County and thus, in all likelihood, won't get the same quality/quantity of loanees this season.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jose posted:

newcastle are the only premier league team not to sign anyone yet lol

On the last day of the window Newcastle will announce new manager Kevin Keegan and new signing Robinho

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fat gay nonce posted:

On the last day of the window Newcastle will announce new manager Kevin Keegan and new signing Robinho

This is actually better than whatever will actually happen

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wolves and Everton rumored to be in on Diego Costa, but I wouldn’t be surprised if uncle Jorge is just juicing up his value using the links to wolves.

Dude was suspended 8 games last year for talking poo poo about a ref’s mom. That’s extremely cool.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

tao of lmao posted:

Wolves and Everton rumored to be in on Diego Costa, but I wouldn’t be surprised if uncle Jorge is just juicing up his value using the links to wolves.

Dude was suspended 8 games last year for talking poo poo about a ref’s mom. That’s extremely cool.

I hope he comes back and ruins Arsenal defenders twice a season

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Speaking of Arsenal, it seems they have wrapped up the signing of their expensive child defender that will immediately be loaned back to St. Etienne.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1148593503427059717?s=21

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Alberto Moreno to Villarreal is a Done Deal.

https://twitter.com/Eng_Villarreal/status/1148627653047533568

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Speaking of Arsenal, it seems they have wrapped up the signing of their expensive child defender that will immediately be loaned back to St. Etienne.

He's the same price as a Tyrone Mings so not really expensive in this market.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pay a little more to get him now and fire Mustafi into the sun to save on wages

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Not calling it yet but there could be something to these rumors.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1148627102461288448

Friend assures me they’re a decent source but idk.

Edit: nah its a poo poo source,

https://mobile.twitter.com/sport_witness/status/1148634870203211778

but apparently edson alvarez is on wolves radar.

tao of lmao fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 9, 2019

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
City are signing some 16 year old attacking midfielder from West Brom named Morgan Rodgers for £8 million (or maybe just £4 million, who knows). Let's hope it works out better than Patrick Roberts has, who is now 22 and on loan to Norwich City.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

At least the BBC is reporting that Arsenal are still looking for a centre back who will come into the team for the coming season (although whether or not they actually buy anyone is a different matter)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

In a move that will shock no one Manchester City have immediately loaned Zack Steffen out for the 19/20 season to Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

In a move that will shock no one Manchester City have immediately loaned Zack Steffen out for the 19/20 season to Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Backup for a mid table bundesliga side, I’m loving it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

And Aro Muric is on loan to Forest, so I guess that's Bravo back on the bench.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Diego Costa is class. Can’t wait to have him back in the prem

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Diego Costa is an clrear end. Can’t wait to have him back in the prem

Fixed. I hate him but his antics make for some good entertainment

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
🤝💪🍆💦💦💦:siren:DONE DEAL:siren:🤝💪🍆💦💦💦
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1148864885218054144

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Gambling should not be allowed to be advertised by football teams. Or anyone for that matter.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Agreed. Liverpool do seem to be particularly prone to it sadly, those loving BetVictor ads were on constantly

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its slightly better than Wonga i suppose but its still scummy as gently caress.

Just glad its not the main shirt sponsor

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
West Ham’s main kit sponsor is BetWay.

Not allowed onto youth merchandise.

So I’m full on anorexic in an attempt to fit into a Youth XL kit.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Tortilla Maker posted:

West Ham’s main kit sponsor is BetWay.

Not allowed onto youth merchandise.

So I’m full on anorexic in an attempt to fit into a Youth XL kit.

iirc if you contact the club directly you can get an adult size one without the BetWay sponsor on it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Bogan Krkic posted:

iirc if you contact the club directly you can get an adult size one without the BetWay sponsor on it

Oh, that's... Sort of nice I guess

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The Liverpool subreddit has a thread about the betting sponsor and most of the comments are variants of:

"If you gamble its your fault you gently caress your life up"

"We have been sponsored by Carlsberg in the past so this is fine"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Ugh, reddit. Being back Crown Paints.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

Standard Chartered aren't ethical either.. Neither are New Balance.. Neither are Axa.. Neither are Calsberg.. Neither are potential Nike, Addidas.. OK people get addicted to gambling its a problem but so is most other things.. Some people enjoy gambling like myself I just do it responsibly

quote:

Nothing wrong with betting companies, I'd be worried if we were sponsored by arms dealers or something but betting companies? What's the issue? If it is gambling you have a problem with, I don't really know what to say, people should be free to spend their money on whatever they wish imo. If you get addicted, it's your fault, you can get addicted to anything.

quote:

I never really understood the hate towards betting companies, or well I do, but I dont understand why it is much different from anything else. Fast food companies are advertising everywhere, and it dosent really do much good for you either and cost people quite a lot of money and are addicting aswell.

People spends thousand of dollars on traveling even tho they dont really have the money for it, but they are also tempted by the advertising. Banks are everywhere aswell, and especially the quick loan companies are imo way way worse than gambeling, cause with this you are 100% sure to lose.

I get that it's sad people are ruining their lives because of betting, but people ruin their lives on tons of things and you cant really make everything illegal because some people cant handle it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
How many people have considered the slogan and stopped gambling when the fun stopped? Has to be zero, right?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I was going to pay off my credit card but after watching the match I somehow ended up booking a flight to Azerbaijan . Happy someone is finally standing up to the predatory advertisements of Big Travel and Tourism.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

CyberPingu posted:

The Liverpool subreddit has a thread about the betting sponsor and most of the comments are variants of:

"If you gamble its your fault you gently caress your life up"

"We have been sponsored by Carlsberg in the past so this is fine"

Get Carlsberg back on the kits and Mads Mikkelsen on TV doing a "best football team in the world...probably" ad

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Lemina is trying to force a transfer away from Southampton, and has posted this sped-up "skills and tricks" video to all his social media accounts as proof that he deserves to move to a bigger club
https://twitter.com/LeminaM_13/status/1148925863754444805

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

trem_two posted:

Lemina is trying to force a transfer away from Southampton, and has posted this sped-up "skills and tricks" video to all his social media accounts as proof that he deserves to move to a bigger club

#TonicLikeLeminade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

Wow this is a half rear end job, it needs to be a full color 32 page brochure for it to be effective

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nd-striker.html