Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

peter gabriel posted:

Great stuff :lol:

I suddenly have 6 thumbs down :thurman:

Missoin sucesfol

P.S. Way to force those alpha bugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Great stuff :lol:

I suddenly have 6 thumbs down :thurman:

No worries commando, I gave you a thumb up to save the day.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The cool thing is thumbs down help as much as thumbs up, so I must extend my thanks to redit

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Is this true, pgabz???

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

The cool thing is thumbs down help as much as thumbs up, so I must extend my thanks to redit

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Is this true, pgabz???

I've never thought it was a scam or called it one I don;t think.
It's a hilarious train wreck for sure, it's good to see the redit guys try to jump start their collective brain cell to conjure up various things though, so far it's win win for me, I got to make as fun video and now I get to watch the pure, distilled idiocy of redit dealing with it :laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Just checked - The raw footage was 35 mins long

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lmfao

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:lol:
This is hilarious.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

peter gabriel posted:

Well this was great fun I must say, the grey environment really makes an exciting mission to carry a box pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzvz7W08iA

And the Cultists won’t stop spending money for this fiasco, it is hilarious :allears:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.PayDay posted:

And the Cultists won’t stop spending money for this fiasco, it is hilarious :allears:

Legit username / post combo

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Daztek posted:

Is this true, pgabz???

:ohdear:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Grr I love this video game so much I spent a year trying to infiltrate the people who don't like it until they saw my puffy muscle-suit spaceman costume and started making fun of me

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Grr I love this video game so much I spent a year trying to infiltrate the people who don't like it until they saw my puffy muscle-suit spaceman costume and started making fun of me

:boom:

Hi ShipCrap! :wave:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

Legit username / post combo

I sunk thousands of Euros in worthless stuff like FIFA points, iOS Game IAPs, Overwatch lootboxes and Hearthstone packs.
I regret the entry pledge of Store Citizen way more, because the former products were actual games.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

WHY MAKE GAEM LOOK BAD DANCEY CAT!?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Star Citizen:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

:argh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Virtual Captain posted:

All I did was play it and they are boo hooing, this is a funny day all round, I actually forgot how funny that lot are

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://youtu.be/fkL89w4oFFo?t=4144

"When a patch would come out, the top streamers - including me in my timeslot - would get around 600-1000 viewers on day 1 of that patch. I had just over 200 this time (for 3.6). Nobody cares about this game anymore"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

All I did was play it and they are boo hooing, this is a funny day all round, I actually forgot how funny that lot are

Did you drink red bull and shout a lot? A streamer showed me that's the right way to play Star Citizen

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Ghostlight posted:

lmbo copping a probation because you can't stop yourself from using one particular word in a context where it could come off as a slur isn't bullying, while writing that word down and posting it to the internet isn't wrongthink because it's not just one but two actual things you've done.

Excuse me, Star Citizen isn't supposed to be "fun". This isn't a game, this is a simulation that will train future generations for the rigors of life among the stars. You clearly aren't mature and intelligent enough to be a part of the revolution.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Quavers posted:

Did you drink red bull and shout a lot? A streamer showed me that's the right way to play Star Citizen

I had a beanie hat on, and edgy t shirt and was vaping while fist bumping myself and shouting NOT A SCAM HOOOOOO!!!!! as I played

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Seriously, if you just went back into the studio and recorded a decent follow up to your 1990s albums, you wouldn't need to invest so much time and energy in your online identity.

Edit:
C'Mon Tojale - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/07/08/thousands-perish-in-elite-dangerous-expedition-but-survivors-reach-the-edge-of-the-galaxy/ - I'm sure you and thirteen thousand close friends could do something together in your 'Elite killer'.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 9, 2019

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Seriously, if you just went back into the studio and recorded a decent follow up to your 1990s albums, you wouldn't need to invest so much time and energy in your online identity.

Don't Give Up sunk me man, Kate Bush is savage

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Don't Give Up sunk me man, Kate Bush is savage

I would have had some serious money on Laurie Anderson being the reason, but I've heard that about Kate. She can heft a baby grand with some force for such as short bird.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

I had a beanie hat on, and edgy t shirt and was vaping while fist bumping myself and shouting NOT A SCAM HOOOOOO!!!!! as I played

How's your bionic skull doing? Do you always look up?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

How's your bionic skull doing? Do you always look up?

I have news about that, but I feel a bit odd about clogging things up with it, basically I am on now on plan C, the cyborg poo poo was a no go in the end, so now I am having BAHA hearing aids, which I really wanted to avoid.
They drill two titanium bolts into your skull then a hearing aid clips to them on each side, so sound gets transduced straight to my cochlear's using my skull.
It's all a bit mad, and I am really not happy about it, I currently have a test version which clamps to my head using this metal hair band type thing, it does work and they say the final version will be even better, but yeah, I didn't want to end up where I have ended up really.
The upside is when I get them installed I'll be able to bluetooth music and TV directly into my head though the hearing aids, so on balance it loving rocks.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I have news about that, but I feel a bit odd about clogging things up with it, basically I am on now on plan C, the cyborg poo poo was a no go in the end, so now I am having BAHA hearing aids, which I really wanted to avoid.
They drill two titanium bolts into your skull then a hearing aid clips to them on each side, so sound gets transduced straight to my cochlear's using my skull.
It's all a bit mad, and I am really not happy about it, I currently have a test version which clamps to my head using this metal hair band type thing, it does work and they say the final version will be even better, but yeah, I didn't want to end up where I have ended up really.
The upside is when I get them installed I'll be able to bluetooth music and TV directly into my head though the hearing aids, so on balance it loving rocks.

So... you're using a Tier-0 implementation right now? :ohdear:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bofast posted:

So... you're using a Tier-0 implementation right now? :ohdear:

Pretty much :v:
I'm sure once pipelines get thingied then things will happen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

That sounds like it totally sucks but also it sounds totally awesome at the same time so I'm not really sure how to react. Glad you at least have a solution though for sure, even if it doesn't mean you have a cool terminator face all hidden under the goopy stuff behind your skin.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

peter gabriel posted:

Pretty much :v:
I'm sure once pipelines get thingied then things will happen

You have been through the wars with this poo poo. I hope the end result will be good, even though it wasn’t what you hoped for.

:v: :respek: :pgabz:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Quavers posted:

https://youtu.be/fkL89w4oFFo?t=4144

"When a patch would come out, the top streamers - including me in my timeslot - would get around 600-1000 viewers on day 1 of that patch. I had just over 200 this time (for 3.6). Nobody cares about this game anymore"

Even small World of Warcraft channels with 3K subs get more views after 15 years than that POS PTU footage lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

That sounds like it totally sucks but also it sounds totally awesome at the same time so I'm not really sure how to react. Glad you at least have a solution though for sure, even if it doesn't mean you have a cool terminator face all hidden under the goopy stuff behind your skin.

I'm sort of out of options, the bit of your hearing from outer ear to just behind the ear drums is basically dying, so we need to bypass all that poo poo and direct to brain pretty much, it's just over the years I've seen people with these and it always stuck in my mind as something I never wanted, I have come to terms with it now though and looking at the positives - I'll be able to hear people and it turns out even with this test version the stereo in my car is insanely cool, the music has no direction, it's just in my head :v:

AlbieQuirky posted:

You have been through the wars with this poo poo. I hope the end result will be good, even though it wasn’t what you hoped for.

:v: :respek: :pgabz:

It's been 24 years, 6 major operations and countless other poo poo, so at this point I'll just be glad it's over, sort of - I'll always need operations every other year or so I think.

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

the music has no direction, it's just in my head :v:

Does it triple every second?

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
I am sorry about your box :pgabz:

And also your hearing and the operations and stuff.

At least the stuff with the box was funny. Having to get rods drilled into your skull isn't very funny at all.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://gifsound.com/?webm=https%3A%2F%2Fgiant.gfycat.com%2FPointedEmbellishedBlackmamba&v=TgqiSBxvdws&s=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

well i've never seen this bug so clearly it isn't a bug