Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The plot, finally revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

:capitalism:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Big mood.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Saoshyant posted:

The plot, finally revealed.

Oh that's a good Jonah.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Peter being an alien would explain a lot, like him calling wallets "billifolds" and rent "the monthly tariff".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It feels like this sums up Peter Parker's life perfectly :allears:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerusalem posted:

It feels like this sums up Peter Parker's life perfectly :allears:

I don't know why it's such a shockingly new dilemma for him when it's already his relationship with JJJ. "Should I take money from the guy who regularly tries both character assassination and regular assassination on me every week?! Well, if I wanna pay my electric bill..."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
If this storyline doesn't have Peter becoming convinced he is an alien and spending the whole time trying to prove it, then what's the point.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Spider-Man isn't an alien, he just used one as clothes for a while.

And speaking of his clothes, losing his shoes because he dropped them is pretty on point.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

David D. Davidson posted:

Oh that's a good Jonah.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Romita Jonah was the best Jonah.

This is the Scooby-Dooest Spider-Man I've ever seen.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

He had a gun! He could've just broken into her apartment and shot her.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johnny Walker posted:

Give your kid the funny pages of the newspaper to read so they can see Spider-Man holding up a severed head.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:rip: dat spider

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Has Kraven the Hunter appeared in the strip before this?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Saoshyant posted:

:rip: dat spider

That cop right there just being quiet and sad that he's stuck with a broom while his buddies got assault rifles.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kraven the handful-of-broken-glass didn't have the same ring to it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

....why was Jonah keeping a spider in a jar on his shelf? :thunk:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Romita's "Angry Man" face is top tier.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Using one's Angry Man Face as an indicator of overall comic book art quality.

Kirby
Romita Sr
Sal Buscema

Huh. Checks out.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"I am not Spider-Man!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why does Doctor Who hate Spider-Man anyway?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I thought that was Moe and he was waiting for Spidey to peace sign into his eyeballs or something.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mysterio revealing Spider-Man's secret identity is a pretty out there concept for a comic strip.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

"I am not Spider-Man!"

"Oh, okay then. Guess I'll just go to jail then."

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

They'll resolve it next strip with an LMD* of Peter Parker walking up to Spidey or a web dummy of Parker waving hello to them from a barely visible building ledge or something super contrived to prove Moe's, errr, Quentin's blurted out accusation doesn't go on past the next six panels or so.

* = Life Model Decoy

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Or the most NSM move of them all... Peter is outed, nothing happens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's going to somehow demonstrate that he does not have a broken rib, and thus cannot be peter parker. i suspect he will whip out chest x-rays, and this somehow convinces everyone.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MJ just says no actually, she's just having an affair with Spider-Man. The rest of the cast and crew all go "we knew it!" and everyone else including Mysterio is like "she's gotta be telling the truth because who would pretend to cuckold their husband so viciously just to protect his secret identity?"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Binary Badger posted:

They'll resolve it next strip with an LMD* of Peter Parker walking up to Spidey or a web dummy of Parker waving hello to them from a barely visible building ledge or something super contrived to prove Moe's, errr, Quentin's blurted out accusation doesn't go on past the next six panels or so.

* = Life Model Decoy
I think I remember how this storyline gets resolved and it's approximately this stupid.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Haifisch posted:

I think I remember how this storyline gets resolved and it's approximately this stupid.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Kingpin!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the important part is- will he have a jet pack this time?????

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MJ knows Peter is Spider-Man and doesn't want him to endanger himself but nevermind all that because she's high as balls in that last panel.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

* = Life Model Decoy

It'll be a Mission Impossible 2 kind of situation. They'll pull off the Spider-man mask to reveal Peter-mans face, but then he'll pull that off to reveal another face, and this will continue for another few strips. Only to end with a Triple J mask.

Cut to Jamesons office: "I knew it, I'm Spider-man. How dare that Parker kid take my picture without permission. I'll sue him for invasion of privacy! Wait a minute, I don't pay Parker! This'll never work."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I saw the new Spider-Man movie the other day and I couldn't help but think of this thread, the two things that most reminded me of NSM were grabbing a festival mask and wearing it as a disguise because his costume was in his hotel room, and him repeatedly smacking his head on the bell when he was trying to hold up the tower.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I want to know how to do both of those dances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
goddamn it kraven's not actually going to engage in roller disco, is he?