Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God it could be either one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wasn't one of the knocks on EVS from a purely professional level was he was chronically late?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

When the Earth, the Moon and the Sun are all gone, Cyberfrog will remain delayed, so long as one chud remains. It'll be lonely, but as long as one chud still lives...it will be eternal proof that white cishetmale fragility ever existed.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Wasn't one of the knocks on EVS from a purely professional level was he was chronically late?

Yeah and look what happens when he doesn't have an editor breathing down his neck. Book is about to be a year late and one of Comicsgate's number one concerns, originally, was that comics were missing deadlines and being released late. Oh the irony.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Monaghan posted:

Notwithstanding his and marvel's position for the smaller titles and creators, Cebulski, even if he isn't naming names, is being incredibly unprofessional with these tweets.

The stuff in his tweets are thing that should be talked about behind closed doors with the staff, you don't go on loving twitter and say "Boy some of my staff really sucks at inking and storytelling"
If his goal was to get people to take up inking he could have stopped at tweet number one, even tweet number two. But like the third sword of Roronoa Zoro, he had to go one step beyond.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean if he releases it he can't keep doing new Kickstarters for it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

But if you donate to his new kickstarter...

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean if he releases it he can't keep doing new Kickstarters for it

I’m sure the Cyberfrog phase 1 plan includes a Robolizard #1 Indiegogo, Cyberfrog #2 Gofundme, and a RoboAnimal Team Up #1-5 Hatreon.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's been a whole lot dropped with the Vic lawsuit today. This includes it looking like they're going to subpoena Blackface Lawyer (whose response is mostly 'CAN'T SUBPOENA ME NOT SCARED') and Vic washing his hands in a most Pilate-esque fashion of his fan club.

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1148697351483248641

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 9, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dawgstar posted:

There's been a whole lot dropped with the Vic lawsuit today. This includes it looking like they're going to subpoena Blackface Lawyer (whose response is mostly 'CAN'T SUBPOENA ME NOT SCARED') and Vic washing his hands in a most Pilate-esque fashion of his fan club.

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1148697351483248641

Just to satisfy morbid curiosity, you think it would have worked if you try to say it was because there was a character called Fuhrer King Bradley in the show that he worked on? Fullmetal Alchemist, if you never saw it and didn't know that was a character. Obviously, it would be a bold-faced lie, but I know nothing of lawyering but I know lawyers live in that gray area.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Covok posted:

Just to satisfy morbid curiosity, you think it would have worked if you try to say it was because there was a character called Fuhrer King Bradley in the show that he worked on? Fullmetal Alchemist, if you never saw it and didn't know that was a character. Obviously, it would be a bold-faced lie, but I know nothing of lawyering but I know lawyers live in that gray area.

I mean, I'd have definitely dove for that response instead of settling for "yeah it's just the hitler name, only thing I know it from, no I never had an opinion on it. zero feelings. about being called the hitler name like it's a cool thing. by my most dedicated fans. regularly. totally numb no thoughts"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1148661590184644608?s=21

lmao

How does someone who's credibly accused by multiple sources of being a kid-diddler keep managing to ruin his own life further?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1148743628929392641

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

That entire thread is hilarious.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And Nicky really is trying to play internet tough guy with the possibility of a deposition.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1148684833385865227

We are wildly veering between 'this is an act' and 'is he really this dumb.'

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

And Nicky really is trying to play internet tough guy with the possibility of a deposition.

We are wildly veering between 'this is an act' and 'is he really this dumb.'

What's actually sort of hilarious about this is that given how libel works in the US and my understanding of how these things work in general, by admitting that he has had contact with kids, knows about the rumors, and knows they're all over, and has forever, he's basically admitted his case is without merit.

Also "smug piece of trash" Mr. Lemonie asked a question about "Vic" being fired from a position at a private school over 20 years ago due to inappropriate conduct with a minor. Lawyers in a disposition don't make poo poo like that up.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

SoftNum posted:

What's actually sort of hilarious about this is that given how libel works in the US and my understanding of how these things work in general, by admitting that he has had contact with kids, knows about the rumors, and knows they're all over, and has forever, he's basically admitted his case is without merit.

Also "smug piece of trash" Mr. Lemonie asked a question about "Vic" being fired from a position at a private school over 20 years ago due to inappropriate conduct with a minor. Lawyers in a disposition don't make poo poo like that up.

Here's Vic literally destroying the entire "Tortious interference with a contract" claim by showing that the contract wasn't actually violated.
https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1148779949496635393

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like the bit further down where he says he has been damaged financially, but can't put a number on it. Also Vic butterfingering the 'I'm not a public figure' defense because why else would he be consistently invited to the same cons if he weren't.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 10, 2019

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite part is vic saying he's never heard of Anime News Network, when he's done an interview for them

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/michaeltoole/status/1148780089167011842?s=21

:stare:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

There's a third and perhaps more likely possibility: that he filed the print order but hasn't paid for it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Haha I read Vic's deposition and he hosed himself in like 5 different ways

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Covok posted:

That wouldn't really help his case much. Instead of a historical monster who lead his country to invade its neighbors and a genocidal purge of scapegoated minorities, you get a fictional one. King Bradley is the character's name. His title is Fuhrer, and that's no accident. It's a very direct parallel in the story. It would mean that instead of referring to Hitler directly, they're referencing someone based in large part on Hitler.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, wow. Now some of the Vic stans are going 'So you have access to the deposition HOW SUSPICIOUS INDEED.'

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, wow. Now some of the Vic stans are going 'So you have access to the deposition HOW SUSPICIOUS INDEED.'

Also "making poo poo up that they expect most people won't check"

EDIT: They should also try and figure out if it's ok for unrelated laywers to be involved in a case or not. But I know that asking for philosophical consistency for these idiots is dumb.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I'm suspicious of the teacher one, just because I have a policy of never trusting anything posted by someone with a jillion numbers in their username.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Oh LOLOL that lady they had try and sit in on the disposition was the same one who wrote the "Oh Vic is just a dear sure it LOOKS like he harasses people but I assure you he doesn't mean it" weak rear end poo poo... "The Vic Whisperer"...

Who was also his makup artist on star trek?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SoftNum posted:

Oh LOLOL that lady they had try and sit in on the disposition was the same one who wrote the "Oh Vic is just a dear sure it LOOKS like he harasses people but I assure you he doesn't mean it" weak rear end poo poo... "The Vic Whisperer"...

Who was also his makup artist on star trek?

https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1148951811463766016

I thought you were joking, what the poo poo?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You can hire all the makeup witness consultants you want when you're paying with it from a GoFundMe you don't even know about! It's that easy!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i guess hiring a makeup artist as a "witness consultant" isnt any more useless than hiring a lawyer who seemingly has never practiced law since passing the bar

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1148818405065154560

'there is no proof aside from all the proof.'

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Mm. I gotta admit, I reeeally wonder what this 'secret evidence' everyone is assuming exists could be at this point. Because it would have to be absurdly bad and detailed to recover from this. Like...HD filmed confessions from everyone involved about their nefarious schemes, while holding up their drivers license and birth certificate.

With how everything has been going it's probably just going to be a 'witness' confessing that they heard someone call Vic an rear end in a top hat at some point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've been mainling The Practice for a bit and my first thought was "why did his lawyers even let him take the stand?" and then I remembered he's the one suing other people, so he has to..

I don't think Vic is going to win this one, but he might get some money out of a malpractice case against his lawyers.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Honestly his best option at this point is to start collecting evidence on them and Blackface Lawyer so he can do that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I don't think Vic is going to win this one, but he might get some money out of a malpractice case against his lawyers.

Doucette mentioned the other day he didn't think that would be a case Vic would win either.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
It's seems like Vic's lawyer might be really bad.
https://twitter.com/TheBrownFolder/status/1149669909460180992

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/lilah_sturges/status/1149346249038082050?s=19
Edit: I'm dumb

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 13, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

1) being transgender is a very different thing from being a drag queen.

Huge, if true

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good grief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They were banned within a week of each other, because the people involved in making decisions don't know the difference and think it's all terrible.