Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Moriatti posted:

Skull (best team)

Finally, a good opinion in the Pocket Man thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Whalley posted:

There's no worst pokeyman you monsters.

Whalley posted:

I love the wording of "it appears" as if Nintendo America has no goddamn clue what this pokeymans game is

Whalley posted:

Like, at least the first one finally gave me a Rock/Poison type pokeyman

Whalley posted:

Whycome all gen 7's best pokeymans is bugs :mad:

Whalley posted:

Do a monotype run, as in, all of your pokeymans can only have one type

Whalley posted:

Until I've beaten the Elite 4, I won't use anything but new pokeymans to try and get me some New Friends.

Whalley posted:

Who the gently caress is Dawn the pokeyman show has ash, brock, and misty and it only aired when I was 12

Whalley posted:

It's pokeymans who cares how you say a bulbyswore or a picklechoo.

Whalley posted:

Finally, a good opinion in the Pocket Man thread.

You have some unresolved issues from back in high school, don't you?

It's OK bb, you're among friends here and don't need to worry about looking cool anymore.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I remember that one Galactic Grunt going "You're just opposing us cause you don't understand our ideals. Well I don't understand them either and I will fight blindly to defend them."

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Galactic Grunts were the most hilarious fuckups out of everyone which is an incredible feat considering their competition consists of people who tried to blow up a volcano while standing on it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Moriatti posted:

Gen 1 Team Rocket was clearly after Mewtwo for local dominance of the region, which feels like a good inbetween of Skull (best team) and Galactic (Dumbest team).

Were they? I thought any Rocket<->Mewtwo connection was anime only. From what I recall Team Rocket in Gen I was basically just a local mafia, no real plans.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/toyasan83/status/1148276237082611712

Alcremie could be this gen's Furfrou

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A bad pokemon?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Meh to Alcreme, I'm a Wooloo loyalist.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A bad pokemon?

an aesthetic shapeshifter

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

MikeJF posted:

Were they? I thought any Rocket<->Mewtwo connection was anime only. From what I recall Team Rocket in Gen I was basically just a local mafia, no real plans.

They kidnapped the scientist who created it, were going after the only type (in-fiction) that was super effective against it, wanted a Master Ball and had a low-key presence in the place where Mewtwo resided.

There's also them going after fossils, because they knew about DNA reconstruction.

I don't think your average grunt knew what they were doing but there is a pretty clear pattern to their appearances outside of the Game Corner.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Monotype, with a gimmick only usable in prescripted areas for a few turns, yea Alcremie is pretty whatever.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Monotype, with a gimmick only usable in prescripted areas for a few turns, yea Alcremie is pretty whatever.

Pokémon isn't about battle prowess, it's about beauty

And in that sense, Alcremie is certainly Uber

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

MonsterEnvy posted:

I remember that one Galactic Grunt going "You're just opposing us cause you don't understand our ideals. Well I don't understand them either and I will fight blindly to defend them."
galactic goons are the gooniest of the lot :allears:

I still crack up thinking about "We MUST have the honey!!"

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Moriatti posted:

Galactic (Dumbest team).

I'm of the opinion that Flare was FAR DUMBER. Destroy most of mankind so only beautiful people can survive!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Galactic is fun but I think it's weird that they have the dumbest goons but still expect us to take Cyrus seriously.

Though he does decide to just gently caress off to the Negative Zone and be sad forever so who knows.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

less laughter posted:

You have some unresolved issues from back in high school, don't you?
ye there wasn't enough electric buzz and erryone loved the picklechu :mad:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Europe is getting these steelbooks as pre-order bonuses:

They look rather nice.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Whalley posted:

ye there wasn't enough electric buzz and erryone loved the picklechu :mad:

Your reg date is 2004, you're probably older then 30. Why are you posting like this

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moriatti posted:

They kidnapped the scientist who created it, were going after the only type (in-fiction) that was super effective against it, wanted a Master Ball and had a low-key presence in the place where Mewtwo resided.

There's also them going after fossils, because they knew about DNA reconstruction.

I don't think your average grunt knew what they were doing but there is a pretty clear pattern to their appearances outside of the Game Corner.

Also. Giovanni has a Mewtwo in USUM.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Chairman Rose being evil and the Pokémon League being corrupt would be the most obvious, least fun option possible. Like, we’ve had two heads of large companies turn out to be bad guys. In a row. A third one would be just plain boring.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe you haven't gotten through your thick head yet that corporations are evil and that's why they have to keep doing it

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

I'm of the opinion that Flare was FAR DUMBER. Destroy most of mankind so only beautiful people can survive!
Yeah, I think Galactic's "cult about ending the world for... reasons" was very dumb, but at least it wasn't the second team with essentially that same dumb motivation.

The only thing worse than Galactic is knockoff Galactic.

X and Y were a mess.

Nodosaur posted:

Chairman Rose being evil and the Pokémon League being corrupt would be the most obvious, least fun option possible. Like, we’ve had two heads of large companies turn out to be bad guys. In a row. A third one would be just plain boring.
Complaining about villains in charge of corporations? Next you'll be complaining about how many sea creature pokemon we've had in the oceans.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

Europe is getting these steelbooks as pre-order bonuses:

They look rather nice.

Time to commit heresy and say that there should be a style without the wolves because the logos look quite nice on the simple gradient background with the stylized lines on the other side

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Maybe you haven't gotten through your thick head yet that corporations are evil and that's why they have to keep doing it

It’s fantasy. I mean, you don’t see people getting after Officer Jenny because she’s a cop.

But regardless, the primary issue is it’s unoriginal doing “the guy who supports you and has a good reputation building something everyone loves” for the third time in a row.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nodosaur posted:

It’s fantasy. I mean, you don’t see people getting after Officer Jenny because she’s a cop.

But regardless, the primary issue is it’s unoriginal doing “the guy who supports you and has a good reputation building something everyone loves” for the third time in a row.

Officer Jenny is just an enthusiastic cosplayer

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Avalerion posted:

idk how Sweet Veil is as an Ability in competitive, but without looking at stats and movesets, who knows

Now I want to see if a decently coveraged Food themed team is possible.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm reasonably sure Officer Jenny is a Kiss-o-Gram

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gamefreak is teaching good lessons to children by having corporations be evil

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xelkelvos posted:

• Exeggutor (coconuts) Grass/Dragon or /Psychic
  • Tropius (bananas) Grass/Flying
  • Cherubi (cherries) Grass
  • Tsareena (mangosteen) Grass
  • Blissey (egg) Normal
  • Slurpuff (meringue) Fairy
  • Alcremie (whipped cream) Fairy
  • Vanilluxe (ice cream) Ice
  • Farfetch'd (spring onion) Normal/Flying

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

idk how Sweet Veil is as an Ability in competitive, but without looking at stats and movesets, who knows

In metas with a sleep clause, Sweet Veil is pretty useless

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

E: they ugly but idk how to feel about pokemon getting preorder dlc costumes
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1148547623839776769?s=19

I really liked the movie Us

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eiba posted:

Yeah, I think Galactic's "cult about ending the world for... reasons" was very dumb, but at least it wasn't the second team with essentially that same dumb motivation.

I don't think the Grunts knew they were ending the world or anything. There is even a scene were Cyrus calls them stupid sheep after making a speech to them, and tells the player pretty much everything he told them was a lie.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think the Grunts knew they were ending the world or anything. There is even a scene were Cyrus calls them stupid sheep after making a speech to them, and tells the player pretty much everything he told them was a lie.
the grunts were just there for the kool-aid, really

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I like the Pokemon Alexandra Cremarino

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

alcremie is dope and i love it turning into a monstrous, towering cake

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Some-Stuff, the fansubber group, ran a poll when they started subbing sun and moon about japanese vs localized names. Sadly, the people chose the former.

E: they ugly but idk how to feel about pokemon getting preorder dlc costumes
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1148547623839776769?s=19

Well these are hideous.

Andrast posted:

Gamefreak is teaching good lessons to children by having corporations be evil

This but unironically.

Nodosaur posted:

Just going to put this out there but I think it's more so just chairman Rose and Oleana while Leon is essentially his puppet king. I could be wrong, but this is just how I'm reading it for now.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Johnny Joestar posted:

alcremie is dope and i love it turning into a monstrous, towering cake

the cake is the real Pokémon, it just disguises itself as a dollop of whipped cream sometimes

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

• Exeggutor (coconuts) Grass/Dragon or /Psychic
  • Tropius (bananas) Grass/Flying
  • Cherubi (cherries) Grass
  • Tsareena (mangosteen) Grass
  • Blissey (egg) Normal
  • Slurpuff (meringue) Fairy
  • Alcremie (whipped cream) Fairy
  • Vanilluxe (ice cream) Ice
  • Farfetch'd (spring onion) Normal/Flying

There's also Miltank (milk), Combee (honey)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Flopsy posted:

This but unironically.

I wasn't ironic either :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
there's also Serperior (zucchini spaghetti) and Chimchar (bushmeat)