Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

To be fair to Sapp, it’s hard to tell whether someone with a normal human brain is being sarcastic or sincere on the internet, let alone someone with a weird Dave brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave has been around a long time, you'd think people in the industry would be familiar.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Dave laughing at Bryan's "Dallas" reference was cute

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yemV628vLKM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"The first question I have for yo-"
"I don't have any answers."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

"The first question I have for yo-"
"I don't have any answers."

Dave finally admitting we're in WCW territory now :hfive:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

forkboy84 posted:

Dave finally admitting we're in WCW territory now :hfive:

For a while there it was Bryan that was saying it hadn't gotten that bad because he could directly compare them via the Retro show it's funny that even now as Nitro reaches it's absolute worst, he's coming on board with saying that RAW is starting to get down to that level.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
It's because every week now they're doing what WCW did at its worst - matches where they are gimmicks and the gimmicks don't make sense and the rules don't make sense. Its a classic of Russo, more than lovely gimmicks and lovely stories and lovely everything, its when matches are just gimmicks and the gimmicks detract from the match. They worked so hard to stop the new WCW they became the new WCW.

Lest We Forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcH3ppmanjo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dave accidentally called Josh Alexander Jason Alexander, and now I can't stop thinking that Impact made George Costanza their tag team champion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

It's because every week now they're doing what WCW did at its worst - matches where they are gimmicks and the gimmicks don't make sense and the rules don't make sense. Its a classic of Russo, more than lovely gimmicks and lovely stories and lovely everything, its when matches are just gimmicks and the gimmicks detract from the match. They worked so hard to stop the new WCW they became the new WCW.

Lest We Forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcH3ppmanjo

this is even dumber than I remember. Sting throws the bat down just to punch Abyss. I love it. Sting's whole run through TNA was a magical adventure of clusterfucks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The fact the distance in time between that match and now is more than that match to Hogan and Savage v The Alliance to End Hulkamania Tower of Doom is mindblowing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bring back the Tower of Doom but with simpler rules. Guys start at the top, have to fight their way out to escape. I loved the way the structure looked and the move possibilities.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

Dave accidentally called Josh Alexander Jason Alexander, and now I can't stop thinking that Impact made George Costanza their tag team champion.
*someone comes off the top with a flying nothing*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrkKvk2Lrjw

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Lone Goat posted:

Well the mark store called, and they're runnin' out of you!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1148639186691301376

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Good Guy Dave Meltzer :unsmith:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Really didn’t care for Dave and Bryan’s response to the Mike and Maria segments.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Great Dave day on twitter.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1148678878564503552

Which for some reason reminds me that the original (and maybe current) Observer in Dave's avatar is a fake issue they mocked up since they didn't have a decent jpeg of an actual Observer.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

mkay0 posted:

Really didn’t care for Dave and Bryan’s response to the Mike and Maria segments.

why? Their takes on it were like just as plain and neutral as everybody else's. It's not like they were howling and calling Mike a cuck

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

why? Their takes on it were like just as plain and neutral as everybody else's. It's not like they were howling and calling Mike a cuck

Felt like a ‘women, amirite’? tone to me. Really don’t care for Dave’s anecdotes about women in his personal life. I know everyone loves his banana story, but it’s just not for me.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

alvarez getting the name of his own book wrong really boils my piss. he did it on observer radio the other night and keeps doing it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1148660897432268800?s=21

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1125512244618452992?s=21

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1146131971598237698?s=21

it's clearly "know & do". i bet this attention to detail carries across into the actual book.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When I was listening to Bryan and Vinny they still played songs and in a couple of those songs was drops of dave talking about jumping into a swimming pool from a balcony or something like that and how he knows how to lose and stay over.

Were these from a story anybody remembers?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

mkay0 posted:

Felt like a ‘women, amirite’? tone to me. Really don’t care for Dave’s anecdotes about women in his personal life. I know everyone loves his banana story, but it’s just not for me.

i mean they were talking about how stupid and offensive the angle was, and how WWE only knows how to write women as bitchy and crazy because that's what's going on with Maria. they've talked about it for literal years. The only time they came close to agreeing with the conceit of the angle was Dave being lightly exasperated by his wife having pregnancy cravings

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It's not something that happens with every pregnancy, but the weird food stuff and extreme mood swings can be a thing. My wife's second pregnancy was like that. One of my employees, during her second pregnancy, said she had a bizarre craving for Play-Doh. I didn't take any of it as Dave mocking women, bit whatever.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mkay0 posted:

I think you might be reading into a bit considering they obviously hate the angle and the entire angle is "women, amirite?"

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think you might be reading into a bit considering they obviously hate the angle and the entire angle is "women, amirite?"

Maybe I am overthinking it. Dave doesn’t have the benefit of the doubt with me on talking about women, so maybe I’m being too critical. I took 4-5 months off after the Peyton thing, so maybe I’m just on alert for something that’s not there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do totally see where you're coming from and I'm giving a bit of an assumption that Dave's idiot mouth is messing him up. They obviously hate the angle because it's very "women am I right?" but they're consistently bad at explaining why they hate these angles without sounding like they're taking the same viewpoint as Vince/WWE. They're also dude Bros who've chilled with time so they do have some lovely opinions so it makes sense to expect them to say lovely stuff too.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do totally see where you're coming from and I'm giving a bit of an assumption that Dave's idiot mouth is messing him up. They obviously hate the angle because it's very "women am I right?" but they're consistently bad at explaining why they hate these angles without sounding like they're taking the same viewpoint as Vince/WWE.

what did they say that could possibly be interpreted as taking the same viewpoint as the WWE? They talked about it for like 45 seconds and buried the segment, and Bryan didn't think pregnancy cravings were real and Dave said they were. i feel like I listened to completely different audio

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“Pregnancy can cause huge mood swings” isn’t a hot take even if Dave can be weird about women sometimes

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

mkay0 posted:

I took 4-5 months off after the Peyton thing, so maybe I’m just on alert for something that’s not there.

at least you're consistent in getting worked up over nothing

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lol 5 months off what the gently caress

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I love to purposefully misunderstand dave meltzer in order to hold a great feast of opportunistic hateful bullshit at the behest of The Company. can't believe he called peyton "jelly roll" while rubbing his grossly defined old man abs

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Talk is Jericho covers his time in Mexico with CMLL and Paco Alonso stories. It’s good but the ads are extra out of place.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
omaha steaks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Don't let that Holzerman guy recap your Dave moments for you. He's a crypto Dave Metlzer Gotcha Guy.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

mkay0 posted:

I took 4-5 months off after the Peyton thing, so maybe I'm just on alert for something that's not there.

howling at this

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What was the Peyton thing again? I legitimately don't even remember.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

gotta stand up for the sanctity of fake titty on a mediocre wrestler

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CascadeBeta posted:

Dave was trying to say she wrestles different because of her new tits but accidentally called her fat instead. The actual audio has him doing the "I'm trying to be polite but everything I'm saying is coming out wrong" pauses and ums.

This of course gets picked up by the gotcha types and then WWE does a full court social media press against him with noted bootlicker Seth Rollins chiming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CascadeBeta posted:

Said her work had gotten worse since she got her boobs done, but tried to be tactful about it to the point that some people heard it as bodyshaming her, which WWE jumped on and fanned the flames of.